Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4426 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 2:33 AM
Still not making sense. All you have to do to put a custom wall, floor, or ground into AGS is to add it to the downloads folder for that AGS game. It will already have all the Maxis content, including build content, appropriate to the game configuration that game is set up for.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4427 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 3:18 AM
I'd like to see something to automatically hide any 0/0 relationships in the panel. Sometimes it's easy to get fifty zillion of them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#4428 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 3:40 AM
A filter to sort just the playable Sims in ANY type of phone book/directory/selection screen.
Mainly the phone book though.
Mad Poster
#4429 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'd like to see something to automatically hide any 0/0 relationships in the panel. Sometimes it's easy to get fifty zillion of them.

Monique made a mod that does something like that. Like her other mods, it hasn't been updated in a long time. I haven't tried this one, so I can't say whether it works. I don't see any complaints in the support thread, though.

Relationships Panel Remover
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=155086
Field Researcher
#4430 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 8:53 PM
I'd like a hack that shows the cinematics for kids I send to University, when I merge them into an existing household. I have to keep a spare dorm just to see the movie, and it's a bit of a bother. :-(
Mad Poster
#4431 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 9:30 PM
That reminds me, I'd love a decorative dorm that looks like a registration office and ignores the dorm part. If you have inteen you have to put all teens in a dorm first in order for them to age up to YA's, and it's a pet peeve of mine that teens that are the kind to live in a private residence have to be dropped off at a dorm. Would make so much more sense to have the cut scene happen at a building that looks like the place to register on your first day, that's zoned as dorm just to fit inteen-requirement. Go there to age up, then move on to the appropriate housing for that teen.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#4432 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Monique made a mod that does something like that. Like her other mods, it hasn't been updated in a long time. I haven't tried this one, so I can't say whether it works. I don't see any complaints in the support thread, though.

Relationships Panel Remover
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=155086

I have tried it and unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, or I couldn't get it to work for me
(I have all games installed by disk. If that makes a difference from someone who might have UC.)
Mad Poster
#4433 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 10:22 PM
Gummilutt, you should be able to do that with no problem. Just build a place the looks like a registration office and has things you'd like your teen to do right away (such as computers for declaring majors, a clothes rack to fix the probable fashion emergency, and so on), as a residence. Change the zoning to dorm. And there you go.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4434 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 10:36 PM
A few things I like to put in an admissions office:
1. Monique's computer - for Sims to take out loans or take money from their bank accounts.
2. Pescado's college clock thingy - to pause the college clock so they don't lose any time on the setting-up.
3. Christianlov's clothing rack - all my Sims are entitled to a free set of clothes on age-up.
4. Christianlov's 'adults to to college' billboard thingy.
5. Veranka ported a bunch of stuff from TS3 University Life, so I like to stick the information booths and whiteboards somewhere to make it look a bit more like an actual college place.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4435 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 10:41 PM Last edited by HarVee : 8th Nov 2016 at 11:09 PM.
Always want more walls and stage options... Scriptorium suppose support custom walls and stages/foundations/decks but I never seen any?

Would love half-wall that half of original half-wall size that actually allow you put own wall covering on it and shorter platform stage like TS3.

Also always wanted mod that makes plants and trees for neighborhood to use their high-quality versions you see on lots instead of low poly craptastic 2004 lod models. I would actually use neighborhood decorations in lot view option it trees not look like blurry twig...

Probably not hard to do later, all you need do is replace neighborhood decoration versions with high-quality mesh from build catalog and replace lod model for on-lot foliage with high-quality build catalog mesh too, so tree on lots appear high quality in neighborhood view too... I do it myself, but I no idea what I doing... and some it seem EAxis already had idea do this because few tree already use high quality version... Breadfruit and Cypress tree specifically. It make game look much better and more 2016-ish and more consistent and give reason to use neighborhood decoration in lot-view feature if this type mod ever happen..

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#4436 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 10:52 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 9th Nov 2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Fixing brainfart
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Gummilutt, you should be able to do that with no problem. Just build a place the looks like a registration office and has things you'd like your teen to do right away (such as computers for declaring majors, a clothes rack to fix the probable fashion emergency, and so on), as a residence. Change the zoning to dorm. And there you go.

Yeah, I know it's doable, and I know how to, I'm just not good at that kind of build. I meant that I wish someone else would think to create that, because I'd be all over it. The things I want that I can make myself I either make or put on the to do list, I wouldn't post about them here I might make some kind of square thing with a counter and a desk with a pc and university-letters on the outside just for the sake of it, but in my post here I meant that I'd love to see what someone actually good at this kind of thing (you know, Zarathustra-style with an eye for details us normal mortal builders just don't have) could make of it.

Not a request, just wishful thinking, you know?

Mad Poster
#4437 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Thanks, @terula8.

Reply to the bold - you'd have to add all that in yourself, with your own meshes. And the meshes wouldn't actually be getting cut. You'd have two separate meshes, for example, one that looks like a rough stone, and one that looks polished and cut. You'd have your Sim appear to work on the original stone for awhile, then you'd use BHAVs to switch between the meshes after a set time. There are a lot of gems out there that have been extracted from other games. Look on the 3t2 and 4t2 conversion websites. The meshes belong to EA, so you would be free to use them.

That would be awesome! Will hafta do some studying though before I start creating my own objects. Editing some text in an xml file is one thing - making a modded object is another. Which tutorials would be best for someone who is starting out?
Lab Assistant
#4438 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 1:03 AM
Monique's ATM with mesh and animations of netmicro's SimoBank ATM, that would be nice
Alchemist
#4439 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
That would be awesome! Will hafta do some studying though before I start creating my own objects. Editing some text in an xml file is one thing - making a modded object is another. Which tutorials would be best for someone who is starting out?

Start with Echo's "Making your first custom interaction." http://www.eternal-echo.net/sims/ then do the second tutorial on that site.

Then, this is old (as in it uses a very outdated version of simPE), but it has info on spawners that will be helpful. http://sims.ambertation.de/bhavtutorialcarrigon.shtml
Mad Poster
#4440 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 4:51 AM
It'd be fun to see digging give a random chance of being electrocuted from hitting an underground wire.

Mad Poster
#4441 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 4:07 PM
Thank you for those suggestions! I'll have to play around with this idea after reading these tutorials.
Mad Poster
#4442 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 10:38 PM
Ah, but you can do that if you have a couple of hacks:

Identify those in the adoption pool.
Build a residential neighborhood adoption house (orphanage)
Create or install a pixel caretaker, and teleport all of them into the orphanage.

You can have visitors meet the orphans and see if they get along, then when they really like each other, they can be teleported into the home lot, and adopted.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4443 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 10:43 PM
You could use alternative sim surgery to copy the appearance of the adoption NPC to the pixel caretaker, pretending it's the playable and not the NPC that drops them off. That way you can still use the adoption system in place, but have the adoption center you want. Either teleport in the adoptable kids to introduce to potential parents, or move them in and use simblender to put them back up for adoption when a family is going to adopt. Since it always pulls the last child added to the pool, the kid you put up for adoption is the one the family gets if they use the phone.

Mad Poster
#4444 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 10:53 PM
IIRC, though, adopting will wipe memories of the adoptee. I prefer to manually edit the memories and family ties for this reason.

Lab Assistant
#4445 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 4:42 PM
We really need an unofficial patch with combines many bugfixes possible, like SilentPatch does for GTA:SA. Downloading every fix manually is tiring, and there is tons of them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4446 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 9:31 PM
There are only a few essential ones, the rest are more personal preference. For a lot of people 'no baby swarming' is a must but I don't use it or want it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#4447 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I have tried it and unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, or I couldn't get it to work for me
(I have all games installed by disk. If that makes a difference from someone who might have UC.)

@CaliBrat
You could try BO's version of the hack: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=912
I have it in my game (installed by disk too) and it works.
Lab Assistant
#4448 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 12:52 AM
I'd love a mod that lets my sims bring some of their family's money with them to college and when they graduate too. It just seems so nonsensical when the heir of the Goths goes to college and aside from her scholarships is dirt poor. And giving money to them too makes so that they have more variety of where they want to move in too after college.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4449 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 12:57 AM
Just put some objects in their inventory and cash them in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4450 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 2:05 AM
There's also a number of money-transfer mods - Monique's computer, Pescado's money order, and SimWardrobe's chequebook off the top of my head.

Personally, I like to move my Sims into an admission office (which is actually just a dorm with Monique's computer, Christianlov's clothing rack, and a few other things) and take out loans or get money out of their bank account as needed.

Page 178 of 580