Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 5:22 PM
This will keep you busy for a while.

http://modthesims.info/t/582887
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrilliantAzure
I LOVED what they tried to do with the Sims 3, but the open-world aspect absolutely broke the game, particularly when combined when the storytelling AI. I feel like EA bit off way more than they could chew. I remember buying a brand new, basically top-of-the-line computer like a decade after the game was released and it STILL chugged and ran like shit, probably because there was SO MUCH for the game to simulate. Again, I loved what they tried to do, but from a realistic standpoint, it didn't work nearly as well as it needed to.

The Sims 4 may have bit back on a lot of those features, but I feel like they did so necessarily. I think they realized how untenable the Sims 3 was and had to make some sacrifices. I wish they'd left some kind of storyteller in the game (the open world was nice, but I think the Sims 2 proved it wasn't necessary), but I'm ultimately happy with the compromises they made. I think the one thing I really miss is the design wheel. I don't understand why they removed that. But I don't miss it that much.

Impressive, I didn't know it was 2019 yet to buy a computer from. And not only did you make that nonsensical statement, you replied to me earlier so I know you read what I told you and then you ignored it and said the same thing over again. "Sims 3 ran poorly because it's impossible to simulate that much". Like talking to a brick wall with some of you people on here.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 12:43 PM
Other than when I packed a 64x64 lot with crops for a farm, 3 always ran well for me, and still does. And I have had tens of thousands of CC items in the game. The only time it tended to slow was when loading clothes in CAS when there was a lot of CC.
Scholar
#79 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 2:44 PM
Every thumbnail, sims portraits, clothing, object thumbnails, etc. is all saved in the localthumbcache.package, it can get quite big, I have a habit of deleting it when it reaches 200mb, but it probably not so necessary anymore, it just a habit I did on previous sim games.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Other than when I packed a 64x64 lot with crops for a farm, 3 always ran well for me, and still does. And I have had tens of thousands of CC items in the game. The only time it tended to slow was when loading clothes in CAS when there was a lot of CC.

Same here. The playstyle has a lot to do with lag, don't you forget it. EA always advertise huge mansion lot, with full house etc...yeah, try this...it might not be as smooth as in their previews.
The computer I am on right now is a very shetty and old one, not even have a real graphic card, 8 gig of ram only, has everything sims 2 and everything sims 3. tones of cc...and my lag is almost not noticeable in TS3. Check your playstyle, check your mods, and play resonably.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 2:36 AM
I'm entirely excited about having toddlers, and the news of the Vampires Game Pack. I honestly am glad I was the only one home when I saw the post on FB, I literally screamed, haha!

I feel they are making an effort - after all, the moment TS4 was released, everyone was upset about the lack of toddlers. I loved them in TS3. They had lacked quiet a bit but they made efforts and updates to include things that were missing. I am still silently hoping for ownable cars - not just the modded ones. I missed driving from place to place.
Scholar
#82 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 2:42 AM
I've never been into the vampires --not just in the sims, but I just don't like vampires so much. But it looks like you can make nosferatu style vampires and that might be interesting. I will still probably get that pack last. It does look like they got really creative with it. If I liked vampires, I would probably be excited.
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 2:47 AM
Haha, that's cool. I've been into Vampires since....I was like 5. My poor mother, had the only 3rd grade girl who brought home Dracula, Frankenstein and Wolfman books. Amelia Bedelia, who? Box Car Kids, huh?
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aniloa
Haha, that's cool. I've been into Vampires since....I was like 5. My poor mother, had the only 3rd grade girl who brought home Dracula, Frankenstein and Wolfman books. Amelia Bedelia, who? Box Car Kids, huh?

To be fair, Amelia Bedelia is actually more horrifying than any of that.
There is no God, only... Amelia Bedelia.

Or actually easy to be perverted... Oops.

THAT ASIDE!~ ON TOPIC!

It is a big step in the right direction. This is really starting to feel like TS2, but obviously only halfway there.

I'm content with TS4, but only on a so-so level. I found TS2 way more fun, but this isn't UNfun to play. I'd personally need quite a bit to be 100% satisfied with the Sims, with things like:
1) More interactions. They introduced feelings as the main concept for the Sims themselves, to differentiate TS4 from the previous installments. Yet even with the feelings, it seems actual interactions are so-so. It's also weird that family trees aren't maintained either. The problem is, Sims seem to only have depth for themselves and don't think much of other Sims and how they relate to them in their own lives. Families don't feel as real, and the lack of family trees makes it even harder. They struck gold with the concept of feelings to add more depth to gameplay. But instead of mining for the full potential, they just chiseled off a few shiny pieces and sold it to us.

2) Cars and garages. Simply for looks and functionality. It can make houses look different too since adding functional garages and driveways is always a lovely little thing to "fill out" the lot so it doesn't look too plain. I assume we'll be getting this eventually... Without the need of mods or CC to actually do it, of course.

3) Pets. They are super cute and super fun. They add more depth for gameplay and can make families more unique. Got a boring couple? Throw in 2 doggos and 5 puppers. Bam, not so boring anymore. We'll be getting these for sure, probably some time this year given the files that were found in the more recent updates.

4) Terrain elevation tools (and in extension, pond tools)! I have wanted this for so long and I believe many other Simmers have too. While elevation tools added a layer of complexity for beginners, it was a magical tool for intermediate/expert builders to make each lot unique without spending HOURS rearranging foliage. A gentle rolling hill or a pond would instantly make a lot unique without much effort, meaning less burn-out when creating different lots. With the addition of toddlers, despite some people assuming they'd never be added, I am hopeful this will be a feature we see... Eventually.

5) Seasons/Weather. Again, it added more depth to actual gameplay. It made every day feel different since the weather would also have a chance to change, instead of a standard day/night cycle with no variations in the environment.

6) Split levels for houses. Adds more complexity for beginners, but again, something that would allow builders to have way more fun and create more unique lots. It would be wonderful for Apartments too, since they are (usually) restricted to 1 floor and you could create a less boring apartment room with raised segments.

TS4 should strive for fluidity and no (or very little) restrictions on creativity both in gameplay and lot creating. If anything, the gameplay itself is OK but could be better, like lots could spawn NPCs needed for objects on them instead of making venues very specific. The building is where it's lacking, since lots are locked in size and position. Not to mention there's no changing elevation if we want to. You just build your little square on a flat pre-determined lot and call it a day, and we're supposed to be totally happy with JUST that.
Scholar
#85 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 3:00 AM
Nice (for the people who wanted them) that toddlers are added. But for me TS4 lacks fundamental features.

- No terrain sculpting (I don't just mean spraypainting the ground).
- Nothing like CASt. (Really, really don't want to start a recolour collection again).
- Open world (preferably without memory leaks and crappy routing)

I am also not really a fan of how the emotions system make all sims behave like clones of each other, regardless of the traits they have. The few times that I played, it made the game boring for me.

In time TS4 will get most content themes from TS3/TS2 probably, but I doubt it will get less loading screens or even a colourwheel. I also wonder about terrain sculpting. Whether it is possible for this sims version.
Page 4 of 4