Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:06 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 16th Nov 2014 at 8:40 AM.
Default [Solved] Rabbithole Map Tag Visibility
There are some rabbitholes in the game that don't show a (red) map tag in Map View, like the Mausoleum, and there are some that show their (red) map tag alongisde the (blue) lot category tag (Vault of Antiquity from SN EP), while the major part of them simply override any (blue) lot tagging. Now I would like to change the Gypsy Caravan and the Arboretum such that they behave like the Vault of Antiquity in Map View, namely that any (blue) lot category tag is still visible together with the (red) rabbithole tag.
Is this possible and if so how? I looked into several rabbithole packages and, of course, didn't find anything obvious like "Has visible tag in Map View" or "Does override lot category". Well, of course not
I know that the Vault of Antiquity didn't show in Map View initially, a thing that changed in one of the later patches and made it visible then without overriding the blue tag. So, it may be that it is a simple switch somewhere. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:21 AM
S3PE,
open GameplayData.package,
search for "Arboretum_0x55" using name filter
(or, if you want, the RK is 0x0333406C-0x00000000-0x5B5B11CAEA9AF0DE)
you'll find an XML with the following fields

Quote:
<kHasMaptag value="True">
<!--if it has a maptag-->
</kHasMaptag>
<kReplaceLotMaptag value="True">
<!--if replaces the lot maptag-->
</kReplaceLotMaptag>

It that what you are looking for? Not sure about the color of the map-tag,
I haven't looked at all fields. Do something like this for the other rabbit hole.
If you need more help just write here again and I'll see what I can do.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
S3PE,
open GameplayData.package,
search for "Arboretum_0x55" using name filter
(or, if you want, the RK is 0x0333406C-0x00000000-0x5B5B11CAEA9AF0DE)
you'll find an XML with the following fields

It that what you are looking for? Not sure about the color of the map-tag,
I haven't looked at all fields. Do something like this for the other rabbit hole.
If you need more help just write here again and I'll see what I can do.
Brilliant you, stupid me. I've been editing so many OBJD and OBJK resources over the last weeks that it has completely evaded me that some object resources may indeed be somewhere else than within the object itself.
Thank you very much, that was exactly what I needed to know. I just mentioned the colours to make it clearer what I was looking for.
Now I'm off to testing and then make some screenshots