Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 5:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Building On 1x1 Lot
In all these years that I played, I never had the chance to build a home on a 1x1 lot, until recently when I downloaded an empty 1x1 lot. Now, my question is how to build something decent on this lot, since we cannot build walls closer than 2 squares away. This will leave very little space to build something.
Is there another way, a mod or an idea how to build the walls on the terrain limits or at least 1 square closer? It doesn't make sense that Maxis left so much unusable space like this.......

I only use the basegame...
Thanks

mrb
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 6:39 PM
i think the lot adjuster would help you with that, have a look at it and see http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384656

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Site Helper
#3 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 9:03 PM
This tutorial, which uses the LotAdjuster, may help you to understand how to get walls in the outside tile, or one tile from the outside:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=286909

The tutorial discusses walls which are perpendicular to the edge of the lot, but the same basic technique is used to build 1 tile from the edge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM
Hey, Thanks a lot to both of you. This is exactly what I was looking for. It worked fantasticly.
Much appreciated.

mrb
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 9:42 PM
you're welcome

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 12:55 AM
What about this: I downloaded a lot built that way, and she said she was required to say they had been done using the lot adjuster (which reduces the lot size so it's RIGHT at the wall line); and read (o god not something ELSE!) that lots made that way cause HOOD corruption (maybe, could be, or not).

On the other hand, I like those little lots to build Town Houses (even though they DON'T "connect"); like real row or town-houses, they are 3 stories tall. I like that better than basements. I like the skinny but DEEP lots for even more reality. Kitchen on second floor, bedrooms on 3rd.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Site Helper
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:12 AM
The suggestion is that you let people know if the lot was shrunk. Full disclosure, you know. Remember, this is functionality which EA never intended, written by a human being with incomplete knowledge of the internal data formats.

During the development phase, there was a test version of the LotAdjuster which allowed walls to be right on the edge of the lot. However, we found that this wasn't safe and the test version of the program was removed. These lots could not corrupt your neighborhood. Since it was (clearly documented as) a test version, no one should be sharing lots made with that version. Of course, there's no way to ensure that people do the right thing.

After further testing and development, we found that walls which are perpendicular to the edge were safe, but walls which were diagonal to the edge or which ran along the edge of the lot were unsafe. Therefore, the release version of the program was re-coded to disallow unsafe walls.

There is one known bug with walls perpendicular to the edge on a MAC. This problem is documented in the Elsewhere neighborhood thread, and in the Known Issues link in the LotAdjuster download thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...80&postcount=47
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 7:09 AM
Thanks Mootilda for that explanation; sounds like the lots I'm seeing which have the front and back walls going all the way to the lot edge, but the SIDES of the house are set back by one square, are safe.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 7:16 AM
It's possible there are some old lots around with unsafe walls, but the lot adjuster makes it impossible to do that if you are using the current version.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 12:26 AM
It's my hope that no one is sharing those unsafe lots. We certainly tried to get the information out to people that such lots should not be shared. If you find such a lot, I would hope that you would report it.