Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 12:41 AM
Default Trouble downloading from OneDrive
I've been attempting to download some CC (mostly hair) that is hosted on OneDrive. When I go to download something, it suggests I use the 7zip File Manager. When I do that, it gives me an error and says "7-Zip cannot open file as archive." I have no clue why this is happening. Any help with this would be appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 12:53 AM
Do you have an unzip program?
Also, not entirely sure how OneDrive looks like, so could you perhaps link to one of the downloads (the original download page, that is)?

When you get the options, don't click "open", as that will prompt for a program to open the file if your computer don't recognize 7zip or regular zip files. Always use the "save as" option if there is one. If you don't get that option, you can try to right-click the download button and click 'save as...'. It works for quite a lot of unruly downloads.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 1:25 AM
You should also contact the site you are trying to download from or is this cc linked in an upload on MTS? Have you tried contacting the uploader for an alternate link?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:18 AM
simmer22 - Yes, I have WinRAR and the 7-Zip File Manager. I haven't had any problems downloading zip or rar files. One of the downloads: http://lumialoversims.tumblr.com/po...r-that-ive-been.

leefish - A few of the downloads from that tumblr are available on MTS, but not all. I haven't contacted the uploader yet. I wanted to determine whether the problem was with my computer or the uploads.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:21 AM
The upload you're linking to above is a .package, not a zip. I believe that is your problem -- just save it, don't try unzipping, it is not zipped in the first place.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The upload you're linking to above is a .package, not a zip. I believe that is your problem -- just save it, don't try unzipping, it is not zipped in the first place.

I guess my problem is that I'm used to zip/rar files, where I have to move the file to my mods folder. So I don't have to do anything else after saving?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:50 AM
You'll still have to move the package to your mods folder. Unless you have your system set up to save downloads to your mods folder.. which I'm assuming you don't, lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You'll still have to move the package to your mods folder. Unless you have your system set up to save downloads to your mods folder.. which I'm assuming you don't, lol.

After I save the file, where do I go to find it? I tried clicking on the saved file, but I got the "7-Zip cannot open file as archive" error.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 10:59 PM
You don't need to open it with 7zip. Just take it and move it to /Mods, that is all.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:14 AM
Everything is working now. Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my stupid questions!
Locked thread