Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 1:00 AM
How to use the fertile reward?
Hello, all! I'm playing the "Breed Out the Ugly" challenge, so I want my founder to have lots of babies to choose from. I almost have enough points saved up for the fertile reward, but I'm not sure how to use it.

I know in Sims 2, if you wanted twins, you'd have the pregnant sim eat cheesecake during the third trimester specifically. Are there similar rules for the fertile reward? Does she have to drink it during a specific trimester, or before she even gets pregnant, or just at any time? Is it a one-time thing, where she drinks it once and remains fertile forever, or does it need to be consumed for each pregnancy?

I searched the forums here and searched all over the internet and could find much more than "Use the fertile reward to increase the chance of twins or triplets!" or "The fertile reward doesn't seem to work." Hoping you guys can be of more help!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 1:10 AM
Sorry as yet there is no way of increasing risk for twins or triplets via eating a certain type of food, The fertility reward will increase your chance of multiple births but alas its just like real life....Luck of the draw.
There is a Satisfaction Console cheat (get as many satisfaction points as you need) so you can quickly get enough point to buy the fertility reward.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534747

Not sure if that is allowed in your challenge though .......You could try giving it to both parents to be before conception...

I had one mum who always had triplets yet I had never given her the fertility reward.....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 1:23 AM
Wait, I think I just realized something. This might be a pretty basic question. I haven't played around with the rewards much yet... Is the fertile reward not a drink or "potion" like the "instant hygiene" and "sleep replacement" rewards are? Is it more like a trait? So I can purchase that reward and it will stick with the sim as long as she's of childbearing age?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:16 AM
Yes, fertility is a trait. It will be added to your sim in the traits panel, like all of the other reward traits.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 6:12 PM
Oh, perfect! I feel kind of silly for not realizing that. Thanks to both of you for your help!