Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 9:43 PM
Default He's the one they call Dr. Chillgood...
...he's the one to make your food taste strange
He's the one they call Dr. Chillgood!

The username was inspired by my frustration with the cheap appliances. I wish I was better at writing song parodies, I would have put in a line about the Chillgood being perfectly fine for dispensing cereal.

I registered here previously under my "generic" username because I thought I would only be downloading and thought I was stuck with that name, but found this line in the name change thread:
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
You may register a new account if you have zero posts and let your existing account go "dormant" - ie don't log into it, and don't use it.

And so I have abandoned the old account (which has never posted) and made this one with a catchier name.

Now, on to my story:

I actually dabbled in tuning mods around the age of 10, figuring out (without the help of the Internet) that editing the plain-text .sam files of Sim Theme Park and SimCoaster would make the game easier.

My first real Sims experience, around 2003-2004, was when I bought The Sims Deluxe cheap so that I could create a Sim to put into SimCIty 4, only to have my younger brother take over and create Simselves whose lives would always spiral into burning to death and being taken away to the military school. Not a good time.

Fast forward to this year, out of college for about two years. I upgraded my eight-year-old desktop, and picked up a few games to put it through its paces - RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Sid Meier's Civilization IV and V, and The Sims 3. The last one, of course, is why I'm here. I'm so thankful that the game is already less punishing than The Sims 1, and that the modders out here have removed many annoyances. My first real step into the modding world was finding out that SimsMX's Variable Career Metrics mod was not updated for ITF and having to do it myself. Hopefully I can come up with some original mods one day to exercise my slowly-decaying coding skills.
Advertisement
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 2:11 PM
Hey there! Welcome to MTS! I'll be looking forward to seeing your mods I hope you have a ncie stay

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 2:32 PM
Hey there DrChillgood, welcome to Mod The Sims. I hope you enjoy your stay

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam