Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Vampire bats stick around after transforming
Which you can see in this clip , at 16:30. And at 16:52 you can see that when I try to make her into a bat again, it doesn't work. It won't work again unless i moveobjects-delete the bat.
(I started a legacy and decided to film everything, and upload it as private clips on youtube so I don't clog my computer, but I'm making this clip unlisted so you can see it.)
(Btw, epic failure at 18:35 when I tried fixing it, lol.)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:57 AM
Guess no one knows then... great :/
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:11 PM Last edited by *_Drew~ : 30th Mar 2017 at 10:59 PM.
I had a similar issue because I had two similar vampire related-mod. I would start trying to remove one (or more) of them, if you have any.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:17 PM
Also, if you attach the error logs, it may help.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:22 PM
I've had that issue happen a few times (a long time ago now), but I don't think I had any vampire-related mods at the time. Might just be a random bug. Is your game patched?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 1:50 AM
I have a similar issue periodically where I tell a vampire to turn into a bat, but the vampire stays visible and runs behind the flying bat. It's ridiculous and irritating, but so far it seems to happen randomly when it happens at all.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 1:11 AM
Ah ok, maybe it's not a permanent issue then? Maybe I should try with another vampire in another family before I panick I assumed it was something that was going to stick around since I suspect my nbh is corrupted. But otherwise I'll come back and see if I can post some error logs or try removing vampire downloads... but I think I only have ones that change skin color. Anyways thanks for the helpful advice!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 1:18 AM
My sim actually had it worse. Stuck bat and stuck alien baby, at the same time...

If I remember correctly, I tried everything I could think of, including de-vamping him, possibly why he's got normal skin on the pics. Obviously, that didn't work...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My sim actually had it worse. Stuck bat and stuck alien baby, at the same time...

If I remember correctly, I tried everything I could think of, including de-vamping him, possibly why he's got normal skin on the pics. Obviously, that didn't work...

Did you ever get that fixed? I usually have to back out without saving if I notice that in time, otherwise my sims risk getting stuck that way.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 7:42 PM
I honestly don't remember, since it happened back in 2007-ish. Might have been a mix between Moveobjects and forcing an error, but don't quote me on that.