Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 1:04 AM Last edited by theapoo : 27th Feb 2015 at 5:49 PM. Reason: careers module as well.
Payback is a bitch.
I have something to share. Do any of you have Nraas SP, with the careers and personalities modules? If you do, you might know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm playing the Goths, in a new SV I edited myself. Gunther wasn't doing too well at work, all his metrics were in the red. For the whole week he has been working on improving his metrics, and now they are in pretty good shape. His job performance was also dipping into the red, but now it is back at zero, so that's progress.

I got a message this evening that Gunther had been demoted from CEO to Vice President. Gunther was so mad that he actually got the wish to quit his job--and he is a workaholic who has never gotten that wish before, even in past games. I didn't know what happened, but figure it had something to do with Nancy.

Sure enough, Nancy is my town's "magnate" personality. She bought off a politician and got some strings pulled so that now she is the CEO.

My Goth family is super rich ever since I had Cornelia's sister, Agnes, sell her home and move in. Do you know what Gunther did? He bought the whole damn business building and fired her ass.

Payback is a bitch.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 2:18 AM
That is the best story I've read so far coming out of the Personalities. I've got the modules in and they do bring a whole new life to the game. Thanks for sharing.
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:47 AM
Love this story about your SV game! You described it perfectly, I could see the scenes unfold...and then BAM! I haven't added any of the SP Personalities modules to my game, but now I must add "Others" right away (as a start). Thank you for sharing : )
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 1:00 PM
That might be part of the career module. At higher job levels there's just one job of a kind by default and if one sim gets promoted, the one that had the job gets demoted.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 5:47 PM Last edited by theapoo : 27th Feb 2015 at 5:51 PM. Reason: typo. whatever.
I'm glad everyone enjoyed my story!

@ arathea: I don't know who disagreed with you, you are absolutely right. I also have SP careers, and what you are talking about is the "Only One May Lead" setting. I have that set to true. There is also an option called "Only One May Lead: Allow Active." If it's set to false, then your Sim always gets the position that's limited to one Sim. I think that makes it too easy, so I have that set to true.

Now that Nancy is unemployed, I have to pick another job for her. I don't know what to pick. I'm thinking about politics, but her archenemy Vita is in politics and would likely be her boss. I guess the hits just keep on coming for Nancy...
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 5:53 PM
Oh dear god, my face is red. I meant to hit agree on arathea's post and didn't realize that I hit the wrong button until reading theapoo's last post. *putting contact lenses back in eyes* So sorry arathea.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theapoo
Do you know what Gunther did? He bought the whole damn business building and fired her ass.

Payback is a bitch.

Sweet!
None of my sims could ever afford buying any business, but good to know that once they do they will be the absolute overlords... mwhaha
Scholar
#8 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:28 AM
No need to worry.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff