Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:27 AM Last edited by CB2001 : 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:14 AM.
Default Question: Machinima in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 - which one's easier?
Now, before I begin, I have seen that for Sims 3 they've done a lot more for the camera that allows for more shots to be performed (such as creating dutch angles). But I was wondering if anyone who made machinima with The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 can tell me which of them is easier. I mean, I've made machinima with The Sims 2, and I know that you had to use a lot of mods to be able to get what you wanted (this includes a modification to the in-game camera to allow for closer shots, a mod for the lighting to get a dramatic look to it, pose boxes/animation boxes that allow you to get actions, attach props, etc). So, is it easier making machinima with The Sims 3 in comparison to The Sims 2? Or is machinima being made with The Sims 2, using mods, easier than it is in The Sims 3?

I'm happy because there's a Sim of Sandrine Holt for The Sims 2.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 7:51 PM
Anyone? I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting back in doing the Sims and experiment with machinima once again, and since The Sims 3 is affordable, I figured I'd try that out.

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 10:17 PM
Sims 3 series look much easier, in my opinion. It's just like... taking pictures with a few shots in between.
Site Helper
#4 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 8:57 PM
You will probably need pose boxes and animation boxes in Sims 3, as well as in Sims 2. But you can get special effects from the game itself a bit more easily in Sims 3. I don't do machinima, but I have staged pictures.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 7:19 AM
Thanks for the info so far, y'all.