Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 1:15 AM
Default Shower in a can useless - sim wets himself right after
I've been looking for a solution or someone else having the same problem for days now, with no luck. I've just recently installed WA, though I've played it before on a friend's computer. This problem is with older saves as well as completely new games with new sims. Any sims! Whenever they use shower in a can, immediately a "pee himself" interaction appears right after, making the shower useless. It happens with their bladder being perfectly full, it's the shower in a can that causes it, I can't understand why and what do I do to fix it.
I'm pretty sure my game is fully patched, because I reinstalled and patched it before installing WA. Version.tag file says 1.67.2.024001
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 1:44 AM
I've never heard of this bug before. But it could be a patch issue. Several of the older EPs, particularly World Adventures, had their own individual patches not covered by the main game patch level. Thus, though you're patched to 1.67, your recently installed World Adventures probably isn't patched, and may be incompatible.

I'd recommend using the Patch Downloader program available here at MTS.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 3:43 AM
Ooh, that is one bug I've never heard of before. So, every time they use the shower in a can, regardless of the state of their bladder, they pee themselves?? Are you sure it's really pee, with the funny crossed legs, the red distress pee thought bubble, and the embarrassment and green odor of peeing on yourself, or is the shower in a can just leaving a puddle behind after its use?

I honestly haven't used a shower in a can in years now, so I can't remember if it leaves a watery puddle after use or not. I doubt that it does, but just trying to be sure it really is pee.
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 4:22 AM
I've never heard of this bug either, and I recently played WA and used the shower-in-a-cans, but never encountered such bug. I can't find anything wrong in the code either. FWIW, I used AwesomeMod, and from what I know, it changed some behaviors of the shower-in-a-can

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 9:06 AM
I'm not using AwesomeMod, just NRaas StoryProgression, and I can say with 100% certainty that using shower-in-a-can does NOT leave behind a puddle.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Ooh, that is one bug I've never heard of before. So, every time they use the shower in a can, regardless of the state of their bladder, they pee themselves?? Are you sure it's really pee, with the funny crossed legs, the red distress pee thought bubble, and the embarrassment and green odor of peeing on yourself, or is the shower in a can just leaving a puddle behind after its use?

I honestly haven't used a shower in a can in years now, so I can't remember if it leaves a watery puddle after use or not. I doubt that it does, but just trying to be sure it really is pee.

I have no idea whether it leaves a puddle or not, I just noticed that my sims' hygiene is absolute zero right after they use shower in a can, and couldn't figure out why, until I noticed that every single time my sims use shower in a can, the action to pee themselves appears in the queue and I have no way of cancelling it out. So, yes I'm pretty sure it's really pee, and it happens even with full bladder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyberdodo
I've never heard of this bug before. But it could be a patch issue. Several of the older EPs, particularly World Adventures, had their own individual patches not covered by the main game patch level. Thus, though you're patched to 1.67, your recently installed World Adventures probably isn't patched, and may be incompatible.

I'd recommend using the Patch Downloader program available here at MTS.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829

Thank you, I'll try!
Alchemist
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 12:27 PM
Do you have any mods?

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 8:18 PM
First time I've heard of this bug. I don't have any mods and just recently took my sims to China for the first time. They used Shower in a can with no "side effects". Hygiene was good. I'll have check again next time I send anyone off to a WA world.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:03 AM
This is actually a feature of awesomemod, though I don't think it should happen every time. As I understand it, there should be a small chance of the can making your sim pee, but for some reason it happens every time. Same problem in my game.
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by janyses
This is actually a feature of awesomemod, though I don't think it should happen every time. As I understand it, there should be a small chance of the can making your sim pee, but for some reason it happens every time. Same problem in my game.

Very helpful. It's happening to me as well and was driving me crazy. I may just uninstall Awesome, but I like so much about it I hate to.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ejoslin
Very helpful. It's happening to me as well and was driving me crazy. I may just uninstall Awesome, but I like so much about it I hate to.

I reported this bug to Pescado and he issued an update that should have fixed it. Update Awesome and you should be alright.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#14 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I never understood the concept of peeing yourself. I mean, sims couldn't simply go to a bush? a tree? or the corner of a room? haha someone should modify the dog's "pee here" interaction and give it to sims.
This has already been done, albeit only for males, by SimsMX at simlogical: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1836/
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
lol wow... they thought of everything.

I wonder if it is autonomous.
I don't think so. Sims seem to be unable to distinguish between carpet and lawn and the mod lacks an interaction to housebreak them.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:51 AM
I dunno, if I just hosed myself down with a can full of aerosolized water under pressure which is more than likely freezing fucking cold I'd pee a tiny bit too. Yikes.

EDIT: Full disclosure: I'm a woman. Being soaked through with freezing water makes us need to piss too.
#18 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 5:10 AM
^^^^^^ *nods enthusiastically* ....