Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Prah : 12th Feb 2015 at 1:43 PM.
Default Welcome thread (aka the Think Tank)
Hello everyone!

I will make a more formal thread in the future that will state all the rules so this thread will work more as a think-tank.

General layout suggestions:
  • All neighborhoods are within the same state/province/region but work mostly individual with aid from the Capitol City.
  • The Capitol City is ruled by me, aka "The Game Master"
  • Everyone plays with their own custom neighborhood, preferably a newly created
  • Every neighborhood pays taxes to the Capitol City, this to unlock needs (will get further into this, but for example to unlock a regional hospital so that the Medicine career can be unlocked for everyone? Would be fun to achieve goals this way, but just a suggestion).
  • The Capitol City also decides regional laws that the neighborhoods can either follow or ignore (but with the risk on penalty! Perhaps raised taxes?)
  • Starting conditions should be chooseable, for example what kind of terrain that's being used (lush or desert) or if you want to start out with a newly founded village, a small town or a larger city. But this would have to be somewhat restricted if we are going with the unlockable goals.
  • Every neighborhood will have representates in the Capitol City (a sim that works in the job level State Assembly person in the Politics Career)

This is just some stuff that I took from my old thread and everything is open for discussion and is also open for new suggestions! I want it to be something that is good, fun and also possible to achieve

EDIT: More proper rules and guidelines are set up here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=548142
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:19 PM
I play in a similar way! I have a neighbordhood with many rules to make it more realistic, and one of the rules is that you have to unlock careers by creating businesses, e.g. a hospital for Medical

Um, maybe I'm dumb, but I don't really get it ... How is this a cooperative gameplay? How do we transfer our taxes to your game, and stuff? O_o
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:38 PM
It's all "fictional", you remove money from your game (with familyfunds or another way) and I add the money in my game.
Inventor
#4 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:41 PM
I like your ideas so far! Can't wait to get this started!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 11:35 PM
Can people create sims for others to play? With the understanding that whatever happens to them, happens.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 12:09 AM
I guess but that is not the main object for this idea.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 12:36 AM Last edited by bubbs72 : 12th Feb 2015 at 12:48 AM.
I know the main idea isn't that, but it would be a nice feature for the ones interested. For example, if you created one, in my game this sim (and their family) would work in the government career to meet that requirement. Plus they are there to monitor my region and they "secretly" report back to you about the region. Make sense? Any others would be townies, not part of my founding families. They are free game to marry into a family though..

I like the idea of rules to unlock other careers.

ETA - My idea of sharing of sims would be totally optional.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 12:42 AM
Just joined :-) Anxious to set up my custom neighborhood - just as soon as the guidelines for this are set in place.

I would prefer that exchanging Sims (other than the representatives you have mentioned) be entirely optional.
Inventor
#9 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 1:54 AM
I'm also eager to make my custom town! I might even make my own terrain for it, since I have SC4 on my Origin.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:03 AM
Hey everyone! Just wanted to mention that I'll have no access to my game until the beginning of March. This will ofc be no problem, but it's more that I won't be able to post any pictures from my game
Scholar
#11 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 10:32 PM
Hello all!
Are you still playing? I remember I had trouble with the internet and shortly afterwards with my sims 2 desktop and as a result I fell so far behind that I stopped participating. I´m really sorry for this. I´m still interested in the project, but I knwo I won´t be able to keep the pace of two sims weeks per real life week. So would it be acceptable if I made an elfin town? Their longevity would explain why they appear to be only one week older, while other players are already in their second generation. Also elves can pe quite passive, so without a nudge from the capitol here and there they´d hardly make any progress on their own.