Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 3:19 AM
Default Will my sims keep their jobs if I move them this way
So I've been trying to move my sims into a new world using the feature included in the game via my sim's cell phone, but it hasn't been working. My sims get in the taxi, go to wherever it is they go, and then the loading screen comes up and I wait for them to move over to the new hood. The loading bar usually moves fairly quickly, but then right at the end before it finishes loading the game crashes. This has happened to me multiple times and I've tried all kinds of solutions such as cache cleaning to no avail. At this point I'd rather just move them to the new world by packaging them or whatever in the saved families and then loading a new game in the other world and moving them in. What I'm wondering though is if my sims will still have their jobs when I move them to the new world?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 11:39 AM
If my sims are employed when I save them to the library, then they are still employed in the same career when I place them in a new saved game/world. So yes, they should stay employed.

I've never tried to move sims using that in-game moving feature so can't comment on that. Sorry your game was crashing though, that's always a bummer.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:08 PM
I use NRAAS Porter for moving families to other worlds. I'm fairly certain they keep their careers if the new world has the rabbit hole required for that career.