Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 8:00 PM
Default How to handle over populated towns?
My current town is grossly overpopulated. Is there any way to get sims to leave town or otherwise lower the population?

Icon made by me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 8:09 PM
Do you have Twallan's MasterController? I believe there's a setting, you can set how many Sims can be in your world. I think that limiting how many houses you have can help, because lots of times if I'm playing University I get notices that more Sims would move in but there needs to be more housing first.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 8:16 PM
First of all, disable EA Story Progression - it is useless and screwed up. Then, use Twallan's Register to disable immigration and tourists (as well as some or all pets - I never have stray horses in my towns, because they look really out of place in most worlds). If you do want a story progression, take a look at Story Progression mod at N Raas (and read instructions to set the settings to your liking).
Use N Raas Overwatch to delete your homeless sims (if you had EA SP on, you probably have tons of them - much more than your town needs to occupy NPC careers).
If you have apartment buildings in your town, do not set neighbors' apartment doors as NPC doors, or at least not all of them - maybe, you get many extra sims generated because of those doors.

You can connect some unpopulated or underpopulated worlds to your current town via N Raas Traveler, and have some of your playables emigrate to those worlds.
Also, you can release your inner sadist and kill off some of your playable and unplayable population in various ways, so that you have less sims, but more ghosts to haunt your cemetery or other places at night, hehe.

My Simblr - Sims 3 builds and occasionally some other Sims 3 stuff
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 8:59 PM
I have NRaas story progression, master controller, overwatch and traveler, but I just let them do their thing. I'll play around with traveler and see about connecting worlds. Otherwise I'll see about killing off some sims or getting the Population module for story progression.

Icon made by me!
Alchemist
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 9:42 PM
I believe you can use Nraas Register to cap off the population of wild animals and Sims, it's on a town-by-town basis.
If you do cap it off, you will have to disable immigration in both Register and Story Progression.

As for lowering the population, you can always Force Kill a few Sims or wait until the elders die off.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
As for lowering the population, you can always Force Kill a few Sims or wait until the elders die off.

I've been having a lot of elders dying off lately, as the oldest of gen 3 just became a teenager. I've also noticed there's been some elders being saved by their pets.

Icon made by me!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 2:00 AM
Master Controller has the "Force Kill" option. And I typically set the Elder stage to 2 days, with a maximum of 7 days beyond that, though on a few individual Sims I turn that limitation off.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm not sure what the population module is, but just the base NRAAS SP, you can manually adjust the family children size. I set it to 3 when I want it to grow and 1 when I want a reduction. I think there are 2 areas you need to modify, one is in "sims" option and the other is "town." Look for "number of children."

I never knew you could adjust how many kids a household can have. It's at whatever the default is and I'll see about turning it down!

Icon made by me!
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 5:18 AM
LOTS OF FIRE

Or, for a more clean Logan's Run genocide thing, NRAAS/Twallan mods. Wipe 'em out, then configure population caps.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nbalchemist
I never knew you could adjust how many kids a household can have. It's at whatever the default is and I'll see about turning it down!

That's the base number of children a sim will want to have, not the number they are allowed to have.

I suggest that the OP continue the discussion at NRaas. They have already opened a thread there about emigration, to which I have responded, but it's on a sub-board that doesn't get much traffic. This one would be more visible to more of our members.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That's the base number of children a sim will want to have, not the number they are allowed to have.

I suggest that the OP continue the discussion at NRaas. They have already opened a thread there about emigration, to which I have responded, but it's on a sub-board that doesn't get much traffic. This one would be more visible to more of our members.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

Thank you for your replies! I made a post in the chatterbox on the nraas site.

Icon made by me!