Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Ownable Limousine: the "Transatlantic" by Numenorean Engines

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 2,744 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 290,124 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 26th Oct 2005 at 12:48 AM
Updated: 14th Sep 2009 at 9:34 PM by -Maylin-
THE "TRANSATLANTIC" BY NUMENOREAN ENGINES
Ownable Limousine - Nightlife only - by Numenor

-----------------------------------------

06 FEB 2006 - Added Italian and Spanish translation for the catalogue description. (Thanks for the Spanish translation to HarlotBoy).

-----------------------------------------

I bet you all have recognized the Limousine from the secret society

Many people have made new ownable cars, and I wanted to experiment something new: a car having dimensions completely different from the standard ownable cars. I had to solve many problems (and other are not solved, yet, see below); moving the bones, dealing with the fog effect, adding a "slot" to accomodate the fog...
It was harder than I thought But the result, in my humble opinion, is astonishing: when you'll see your sim driving such a gigantic vehicle, you'll be surprised, too :D

All the car functions are fully functional, including making out and woohoo-ing.
Only, if you plan to build a garage for it, remember its dimensions! It needs three additional rows of tiles to the front, and two row to the left side (to allow manouvring).
The "Transatlantic" is recolourable: I look forward a pink recolour from a good-willing user!

Check the 5 new recolours that MaryLou has created and posted on her free site! [EXTERNAL LINK]

Known Bugs
1) For some strange reason, the footprint of the car is determined by the underlying driveway (when you place a car on the driveway, they become a whole object...); therefore, sims are allowed to pass through the front part of the car.
2) Due to the heavy bones translations, when you drive to a community lot, the loading screen depicts the Limo, but without the front wheels.
3) Since it's not possible to edit the game effects (FX files), I couldn't create a custom "fog" effect for the Limo; instead, I had to use one of the existing ones. I tweaked its position at best, but if you look closely you'll find that the fog doesn't cover exactly all the windows.

Beside this bugs, I hope that thare aren't any more. Please report if you find something strange.
I enjoyed very much this car, and I hope you'll do the same