Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 2:58 AM
Default Vampire sim gains skill really, really fast...??
So I have a second generation young adult vampire who gains skills really fast...like in 5 sim minutes he has a skill maxed out. I have absolutely no skill mods the only mod I even have is the bars and clubs open 24hrs. I know vampires are supposed to gain skills faster at night but I tried it during the day also and it's the same. I also had a different sim try building skills and they go at the regular pace. I've also realized that handiness, cooking and gardening move at the reular pace with him...can anyone tell me why he has super skill building capablities?!?!
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 3:25 AM
I gather there's a bug with vampire skill gain where it gets faster, and faster, and faster. Which AwesomeMod squashes... don't know if there are other fixes or workarounds.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 4:03 AM
I figured it must be some bug but I just wanted to make sure I didn't get a weird trait from the vampire dad. Also another weird thing with him is his energy and his hygiene never go down. I'd download the AwesomeMod but i downloaded it once and somthing must not have been compatible because my game wouldnt load after so I try to stay away from core mods as much as possible thanks for the suggestion though.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 1:18 PM
There's a hidden trait which is "vampire", I found that out when I used Twallan's Master Controller to look at my baby's personality traits - I wanted to know whether or not it was a vampire. This hidden trait could cause the fast skill gaining. Personally, I dig it. I love how my sims gains skills incredibly fast, without even using cheats. She'l fulfil her lifetime wish in no time (I ususallly fulfil it while being a YA anyways).

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 2:58 PM
I've had a couple of vampires gain skills really fast, but a couple that didn't. No apparent rhyme or reason to it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jennydb91
There's a hidden trait which is "vampire", I found that out when I used Twallan's Master Controller to look at my baby's personality traits - I wanted to know whether or not it was a vampire. This hidden trait could cause the fast skill gaining. Personally, I dig it. I love how my sims gains skills incredibly fast, without even using cheats. She'l fulfil her lifetime wish in no time (I ususallly fulfil it while being a YA anyways).

That's a bug. They're supposed to gain skills at 1.5x rate but instead they gain them with like 15x-150x. So, you love a bug. Bug exploit = cheat in my book.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 8:06 PM Last edited by LivingDead : 20th Nov 2010 at 2:29 PM.
Ive had two 2nd Gen vamps that gained skills really fast... which meant the first one completed his skill-related LTW really quickly... which meant I had nothing to work for... so i dont like this bug..
None of my sims who were normal sims turned into vamps have had really fast skill building though...
So is it just sims that are born vampires?? or have i been lucky so far?
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LivingDead
Ive had two 2nd Gen vamps that gained skills really fast... which meant the first one completed his skill-related LTW really quickly... which meant I had nothing to work for... so i dont like this glitch..
None of my sims who were normal sims turned into vamps have had really fast skill building though...
So is it just sims that are born vampires?? or have i been lucky so far?

Yeah, I guess so. It only happens with my 2nd gen vampires, not with their parents. It's so fast that they can go to level 10 in some skills in a couple of minutes!
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:05 PM
FYI, if anyone wants to test this out, just play as Belisama Morrigan (well, age her up to a teenager first).
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:55 AM
same here. my vampire can max it out in like 30 min!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#11 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 3:34 AM
Vampire skill gain is bugged: The more you save and load your game, the more it accumulates. In fact, the entire skill-gain-rate system is pretty bugged, because of the horrible way EA applies effects to accumulator variables with absolutely no accounting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.