Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:24 AM
Default What don't you like about certain games of the Sims series?
As the title says. Well, for me, since I've only played the Sims 3 it seemed as if everything was focused on 50s junk and stuff like that until I got the expansion packs.

Everyone lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 10:46 AM
I think that unless drastic action is taken, the developers want to go down a route where we cannot customise our game. Late Night was the most forced EP of all time, and it could have potentially have been the best.
They don't seem to care that this game is a tool for our imagination, its all about what they want.

"What do you mean you want to change hairstyle? The one you were given is absolutely fine!"

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#3 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 11:21 AM
I completely agree with tizerist. You'd think EA would let us tweak the opening hours for bars and clubs. Nope, you need modding experience for that. At least half of Late Night feels like it should have been included in the base game and it's all retreading old ground. Although I like saying Late Night is still the best TS3 EP so far, Ambitions is the most innovative.

With Ambitions, I don't understand why as a firefighter you have to fight fires by yourself unless you happen to have another firefighter in the same family. It's like EA is forcing those "Oh, you're the main character which means you and only you can slay the dragon" type of storylines on us.

With World Adventures, France looks good but it doesn't seem to be as exciting as China and Egypt. Maybe adding accordions and fencing would have made France feel less empty. Adding clubs helps a bit but...meh...
Alchemist
#4 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I think that unless drastic action is taken, the developers want to go down a route where we cannot customise our game.[/I]

I agree, as well. They should have given us a bodyshop along The Sims 3 base game. They also should've given us a same kind of program for creating objects (first time in sims history). Create-A-Pattern just doesn't cut it. It's almost as they fear that if they would give us all that, no one would probably buy/need stuff packs anymore.

I also hate the fashion styles in all the sims games from Sims 1 to Sims 3. There are a few nice pieces but the most is like straight from the fifties, sixties and seventies. The young adult/adult female everyday clothing selection in Sims 3... eww... They're more fitting for a grandma.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:05 PM
It's difficult to create custom content without getting several other applications.

And yes, the EA default fashions suck. TS3's clothing isn't as horrendous as it was in the original, but I have to download custom content in order to make my Sims look remotely attractive in what they're wearing. And if the Teen/YA/Adult clothing is bad, the elders' choices are even worse. I can't stand playing elders. ><,
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 7:15 PM
The clothing in Late Night is a million times better than anything they've ever made before. I just wish they'd made more stuff for the other ages!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:38 PM
I was unhappy about the total lack of weather or seasons. Even though weather came in an expansion for the last game, I really expected by now that at least rain would be something that came included in the base game. That's just silly- a world that never rains, in such an advanced game?
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 2:31 PM Last edited by suzetter : 11th Jan 2011 at 2:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I think that unless drastic action is taken, the developers want to go down a route where we cannot customise our game. Late Night was the most forced EP of all time, and it could have potentially have been the best.
They don't seem to care that this game is a tool for our imagination, its all about what they want.

"What do you mean you want to change hairstyle? The one you were given is absolutely fine!"

Yeah, absolutely. The game needs to open up to the player more and not be so directed/controlled by EA. As for those EA hairstyles -- we have a name for hair that gets cut like that in NYC -- they're called "lawsuits". LOL.

Also, the Sims need to lighten up. They're rather joyless. People may like their work but rarely is it considered the best part of life. TS3 Sims are not only too serious but they're behavior is false--like how kids think adults are supposed to act as opposed to how adults do act. People don't become automatons of perfection just because they age up--they still have their stupid or irrational moments. It's part of being human and Sims need to be more human and less robotic in their little cartoon reality.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Theorist
#9 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 5:26 PM Last edited by tizerist : 11th Jan 2011 at 5:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pax
I was unhappy about the total lack of weather or seasons. Even though weather came in an expansion for the last game, I really expected by now that at least rain would be something that came included in the base game. That's just silly- a world that never rains, in such an advanced game?

...and remember in TS2 where you could customise each hoods weather, making it winter all year round in one hood, and mainly rainy in another hood, and so forth?
When weather comes to TS3, you can kiss goodbye to any thoughts that there will be that level of control. It will probably just be the weather changes, and thats it.
You don't want it snowing in Egypt? Tough. You wanted weather, so there's your weather.

Or even worse, the weather features will only be functioning in one particular town. Don't laugh, this is what they're like.
Without cheats/mods, its actually still not possible to make a nectary, a dojo, or have fast food trucks in a town of your choice. Even though they're in the game, if you don't play in that particular hood, you can't use the features.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 4:52 AM
Yea Im not to keen on a lot of things in TS3... I miss so much that should have been a no brainer in the base game. I dont like how one member of the family goes to work and you still have to watch/control them while playing the others in the household as well. Its like theres no break, going to work was kinda nice you didnt have to worry about that sim for awhile. Im getting bored with all the base furniture and there just is not enough paintings. I hate when they spin too. lol. I LOVED creating CC in Sims 2, Sims 3 - just forget it. Its to complicated. Agreed there just isnt enough interactions with other sims as well. Especially babies/toddlers.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 5:42 PM
What I don't like is that you have to stick to just one family! (at least I haven't figured it out if you can play with more of one family in the same hood) in SIMS 2 I could play with many families and have big family trees, but with Sims 3 I just have to stick with families having one or two kids and wait for grandparents to die to have more kids!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nápoldë
What I don't like is that you have to stick to just one family! (at least I haven't figured it out if you can play with more of one family in the same hood) in SIMS 2 I could play with many families and have big family trees, but with Sims 3 I just have to stick with families having one or two kids and wait for grandparents to die to have more kids!!!

To be fair, I do not really blame EA for this. While I like to be able to switch between households like Sims 2, in Sims 3, it is a lot harder to do since in Sims 2, you are only concern with one lot.

I think they could at least made it where the player can select more than one house hold at a time. While this would playing the game a challenge, at least it is left to player to choose whether they want to do this or not. After all, it is not really that different between controller 4 sims in one house and 4 sims in 2 house. We are still controlling 4 sims overall, which is the main factor.

I have played house holds with 12 Sims and I am sure many players are veteran and controlling more than 8 sims is a challenge, it is not impossible for them.
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Also, the Sims need to lighten up. They're rather joyless. People may like their work but rarely is it considered the best part of life. TS3 Sims are not only too serious but they're behavior is false--like how kids think adults are supposed to act as opposed to how adults do act.

This is what I loved about TS1. In TS1 you got crazy hot pink heart-shaped beds and raccoons that knocked over your garbage at night. In TS3 everything is prim and perfect and really the only way you can get a little excitement in is by having an insane Sim. And really, the insane Sims get boring after a bit.

I miss my crazy heart-shaped bed.

Also, wouldn't it be nice if they got a lifetime wish that was "have a fun life" or whatever. I don't know how it would work but it would be much more sensible than people's entire point of living being to have ten boyfriends.