Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 5:46 PM
Default Mods recommendations?
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a list of mods that are (highly ?) recommended to have installed?

I am fairly new to Sims 3 but am a veteran Sims 2 player. I am starting to experience problems that many probably already have encountered, primary from WA.

Reading the forums, there are suggestions to install various mods so I wonder if there is a list of recommendation available, (with links please ). I have heard of mods such as Awesome Mods, there was one to stop and replace the story progression. I also like to try out a mod with additional sliders to have more body size options so I can to create a female bodybuilder!

So if any veteran Sims 3 players have any recommendation, let me know.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:28 PM
http://www.techno360.in/top-10-sims-3-mods/

http://asilee.com/2009/09/01/the-si...available-mods/

Here you go. Welcome to the world of Sims 3 mod downloads. Hope you enjoy your stay... And realize that the players are faster at getting rid of bugs than EA will ever be. *Hug* Good luck, God's speed.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:29 PM
The game is a mess without J. M. Pescado's Awesome Mod (here) which repairs a lot of lazy errors not fixed by the EA staff and revamps the horrifying story progression.

I presume that you know how to install package files (awesome is a package file). If not, check out the tutorial written by this site, it's how I learned.

Twallan's SuperComputer (here) does the same thing, I think. They appear to be pretty similar.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:52 PM
Awesomemod and/or a default story progression mod (I recommond Twallan's) and Twallan's MasterController and Overwatch which replaced the SuperComputer a while back. Basically just bookmark Nraas Industries and More Awesome Than You.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:06 PM
I use Awesomemod, Twallan's Story, Master Controller, Overwatch, Debug Enabler, and Decensor, and my own various fixes and Tiny Texture Replacers.

That Super Computer linked above is outdated and you shouldn't use it. It's also not a replacement for Awesomemod - Awesomemod is a core mod and has a lot of bugfixes that Master Controller (as el_flel said, the replacement to Super Computer) simply cannot fix due to not being core. And they have a different focus. Master Controller is more like the TS3 version of the InSIMenator. Awesomemod is an entirely different beast and works more on gameplay fixes and tweaks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qpldmff
Twallan's SuperComputer (here) does the same thing, I think. They appear to be pretty similar.

As el_flel mentioned, SuperComputer was replaced many moons ago.

That link you provided is to the Patch 1.7 version of the mod, and should not be used on up-to-date versions.

My mods are available via the link in my signature.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:56 PM
One of my favorites is Baileywll's Kid's can buy food mod. It allows kids to buy food from the food registers. So they can feed themselves when their sim parents ignore them on vacation or eat at any community lots that have food registers. You can find it at Pretty Sims http://www.prettysims.com/index.php...a=view;down=169

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 8:18 PM Last edited by kinneer : 21st Jan 2011 at 1:52 AM.
Thanks all for the recommendations.

Seems like this Awesome mod does not work for me. It complains about being not being compatible. Unfortunately, I have not found any other versions and the forums over there is not helpful.

Looks like I have to play without mods. Oh well.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 3:28 AM
No you don't. Use Twallan's mods. I have used both and while I still have one neighborhood I load Awesome mod to play, overall I prefer NRaas Story Progression, etc. Try it, you might like it!

Oh! And they are NICE to you in the forums.