Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#201 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 4:07 PM
Round 5 CLOSED!!!!

Memory Games A Sims 3 Thriller Mystery
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 3:25 PM
Story Title: Anne Arbor
Genre: Fantasy
Round Element: The Final Battle
Word/Picture Count: 2,779 Words / 19 Pictures
Synopsis: The Garrets are a family of sorcerers living in Anne Arbor, a town that's well known for its rich history with the supernatural. Like every family, they've had a lot of problems that they've been able to bounce back from. But how well will they be able to stick together in wake of a terrible tragedy?

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 3:31 AM
This contest has been more fun than I think I've ever had with a sims contest, at least in the last 5-6 years or so, and I'm not ready for the fun to end! Let's play a game!

Any outtakes/trivia/deleted scenes from your stories you'd like to share? I KNOW you have them...

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Test Subject
#204 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 12:41 PM
Default Outtakes
Here are some of my fun outtakes.

Mad Poster
#205 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:01 AM
Well since we're all sharing:

Site Helper
#206 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 4:47 AM
My favorite outtake:

I was trying to get the picture of the Lord Emperor implanting the monitoring device. I got them both posed, lined up the shot, and the Lord Emperor started thinking about wanting to become the Emperor of Evil.
I thought I had headlines off... so I turned them off again. Nothing changed. Ok, let's leave it unpaused for a while...
They are obviously off because nobody has a plumbbob. But that thought balloon is still there....

Then I get a pop-up. Connor wants to invite Amara out on a date. Oh, good. I'm going to need him, and I forgot which silly spot the game decided to put him when it gave everybody in that household a job. I sent Amara on the date so she could drag him back to the lot, and since Vladimir was still not shutting up about Emperor of Evil I switched to her to find out where Connor was. It's 2:30 in the afternoon, so I'm sure he's going to be someplace inside, right? Wrong! He was passed out, smoking, in the park. She cured him with the moodlet manager, which woke him up. He freaked out, announced that he had to leave now, and ended the date. Then he had the gall to complain that this was the worst date ever. (Ironically, I have a vampire in Sims 2 who thought that being saved from death was a Dream Date, although the saving had to happen by beating the Grim Reaper in his "which hand" game. )

And after all that, and Antoine dying of hunger on the lot because I had forgotten to either put a fridge in or make motives static, the Lord Emperor was STILL reminding me that he wanted to become the Emperor of Evil. So I took the picture with him in it anyway. Then I used Master Controller to make him Emperor of Evil long enough to quit without saving.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#207 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 10:57 AM Last edited by Qnshr5 : 21st Sep 2015 at 11:57 PM.
Hello everyone! I am behind in getting all the scores and everything together. I wasn't able to sit down and judge most of them until the weekend as I had a busy week. I will try to get them out later today, but it may not be until tomorrow. It will be less than 48 hours! It is worth the wait. Not only will you have comments on your round 5, but judges have also given their thoughts on your stories overall. BTW, LOVE the outtakes/bloopers/drama-horror "making of..." you've posted. These are great!!! :lovestruc

EDIT: Scores will sooooo not be out until tomorrow. I've got round 5 taken care of, but still need to finish the final scores section. I forgot about the tech I have at my fingertips and spent a lot of time calculating with a calculator instead of simply letting the spreadsheet do it for me. So, now my brain is overflowing with math & memory loss and I'm taking a break that will likely last until tomorrow morning!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#208 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 9:53 PM
Round 5 & Final Scores!!!!
ROUND 5 SCORES

Below you’ll find your final scores for both Round 5 and the Contest. In the spoilers is the averaged score rounded to the nearest decimal of each of the main criterion and the judges comments which are mixed up so they aren’t in any order. (If you add these points up they will not equal your final score as they are rounded up averages. Please see the Scores Breakdown for raw points.) For a breakdown of the raw points from the judges plus averages, click here for the score sheet: Scores Breakdown

Please note that while the scores on the spreadsheet are listed as per the contestant list, the judges have again been mixed so they do not reflect the list on the first post.
If you have any issues, questions or concerns with your scores or feedback, please PM me. Do Not Contact the Judges! You do not know which judge did what so speak with me privately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#209 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 10:24 PM
Congratulations everyone! It's been so much fun reading your stories and seeing them develop week by week! You all did a great job and I'm so glad that you chose to participate.

*runs around to assign achievements and ribbons*

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#210 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 11:41 PM
Great work, everyone! Thank you for giving me a good summer's read, and congratulations for a job well done.
Site Helper
#211 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 1:42 AM
Thank you for a fun contest, and thank you to everybody for your wonderful stories. Congratulations Freelala.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 4:00 AM

Oh man, I shouldn't have looked at that just before going back to work. I had a client ask why I was shaking so much.

Thank you to everyone who made this contest possible. This was a story I've wanted to tell for a long time, and one way or another I knew Sims was going to be my outlet for doing so. I've really enjoyed these stories; it's always a joy to see the creativity in our community and the fantastic work that gets done when we come together like this. Time for a party!

Mad Poster
#213 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 6:31 PM
Congratulations Freelala! You truly deserved the win. And congrats to everyone who participated.I'm so happy I decided to enter this contest and I can't wait for any more that might come up in the future (though whether or not I continue to use TS3 for my stories is still up in the air. It's the best one to take great pictures but it runs soooo ridiculously bad on my computer. It's actually made me think about moving Anne Arbor to TS2)

Mad Poster
#214 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Well since we're all sharing:

I FOUND THE PICS! Behold: What Anne Arbor almost was

Lab Assistant
#215 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 11:28 PM
Oh daaaang...that burning scene is intense!

Test Subject
#216 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 1:56 AM
Heyyy. Congrats to Freelala and to all of you who finished, you guys are great. I'm trying to catch up on all of your stories but I hope you guys know you're awesome.

Sorry I kind of vanished. School, moving, health issues, financial aid problems, and a number of other things have consumed my life at the moment. I wish I had been able to finish but... Yeah. It did not happen. So sorry for not filling you in on that.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the fun contest, I really enjoyed it for the time I participated. And thanks to all the judges for your helpful comments and encouragement, it really makes me want to give this story another go when I have the chance.
Mad Poster
#217 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelala
Oh daaaang...that burning scene is intense!

Yeah, looking back at these pictures, part of me regrets not going through with this story.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#218 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elphaba2
Heyyy. Congrats to Freelala and to all of you who finished, you guys are great. I'm trying to catch up on all of your stories but I hope you guys know you're awesome.

Sorry I kind of vanished. School, moving, health issues, financial aid problems, and a number of other things have consumed my life at the moment. I wish I had been able to finish but... Yeah. It did not happen. So sorry for not filling you in on that.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the fun contest, I really enjoyed it for the time I participated. And thanks to all the judges for your helpful comments and encouragement, it really makes me want to give this story another go when I have the chance.

I hope that those real life issues are getting easier for you, especially the health and financial ones. Those can be tough, especially combined with the other stuff you mentioned.

I'd love to read your story if you post it elsewhere to finish it!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#219 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 5:21 PM
Thank You All
@elphaba2 Glad you're ok! Sorry about all the stuff going on in your life. Why everything seems to pile one on top the other all at once, I'll never know. I second heaven, I'd love to read your story if you finish it, too.
@lilbag2 Don't regret the story you submitted. It was very good. However, now that you can, you could rewrite it from whatever angle you choose. You could even do some kind of mash up of the two stories. lol. idk. But you're free to re-create the story as your heart sees it. I really do believe that all the stories in the contest, with room to breath and grow, would be phenomenal after a rewrite.

@tsyokawe, @heaven I know I thank you two every round, but I want give a public shout out and thank you to our judges. There's a lot to consider and keep up with in this contest. It's not easy being both objective and thoughtful, but you rose to the challenge graciously. Thank you so much for taking the time and putting in so much effort.

@Everyone: I want to thank everyone who participated-- contestants, judges, even readers & lurkers! This is a big contest with a lot to it and it can be easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated, but I'm happy that we all kept out wits about us and everyone came together (no one was rude, all were helpful), and created something(s) beautiful. I had a wonderful time and it wouldn't have been possible without all of you! :lovestruc So, keep writing! Keep taking pictures! Keep playing with your imagination! And, keep leaving a creative legacy behind you (no matter the role you choose)! Love you guys! Have a great autumn or spring in your neck of the worldly woods!

Page 9 of 9