Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 8:42 AM
Default Is it possible to be the owner of a custom community lot?
I own until Ambitions, btw.

I wanted my sim to own a bakery/cafe and I wanted to build it. I could just download a custom lot and try it out but my game crashes when I have CC. Has anyone tried to do this? I've searched and maybe I'm not using the proper keywords because I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

check out my story Faking It
Casting call for Eve's Apple currently going on PM me!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 9:15 AM
Your Sim can own the lot but its not like OFB. You can build a bakery cafe place and put in a food register?RH rug to generate income on the lot and have your Sim own it.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 9:51 AM
I figured it wouldn't be like OFB but I'm glad I could at least build one and have my sim own it. Thanks suzetter!

check out my story Faking It
Casting call for Eve's Apple currently going on PM me!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 3:21 PM
The income depends on what is in the cafe rather than how much you sell. I really am sad that we don't have a similar action as OFB. Even if they made it a little simpler but still allowed our Sims to actually work at their businesses and make money based on how many people visit I would be happy. Actually, the consignment shop replaced with our sims behind the register would be a big step. Of course, now they work like MMO shops..not surprising.
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 6:40 PM
The consignment shop register does seem the most flexible of the registers as the objects that can be included are so varied but I'm not as interested in the commerce taking place as I am in watching my Sims --so the fact that they don't pick things up and examine them or try clothes on is a bit of a let down. Still, people are creating some interesting community lots with what we have now -- like Guardgian's lovely Flea Market for example (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=421444). Now if only we could have the sims react more to those environments. Maybe one day Sims will walk up to a produce stand, grab a tomato and sniff it for freshness.

Bakeries were my favorite store to build in OFB because of all the cookable CC pies and cakes and the gorgeous deco available for abkeries. Rght there isn't a lot of TS3 deco food out there at the moment but you can find some things at ATS (Around The Sims), Sims Marketplatz, TSR, and OneMoreSim for starters. Have fun building the bakery!

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com