Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:53 PM
hmm, i guess not many of the players is having the same problem as mine. its not listed on the patch fixes.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:59 PM
Forget the patch, what is up with the Sims 3 site? Whenever I click one of the links posted, I end up on "Page Not Found". Someone mind copying and pasting the details?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Forget the patch, what is up with the Sims 3 site? Whenever I click one of the links posted, I end up on "Page Not Found". Someone mind copying and pasting the details?

That's usually the result of extremely high traffic.

So in this case all these people are bombarding the site trying to either:

A. Get the patch
B. Got the patch and:
1. Check to see if there's anyone else having problems with it
2. Rant about it breaking something

I haven't gotten the patch yet. I would LOVE it if CAW would work. It's something I've been wanting to mess with for a long time (but it never worked for me cause I downloaded it right before I got ambitions).
Mad Poster
#29 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 12:22 AM
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 1:59 AM
I'm having the same laundry problems. I was able to fix it for a bit by moving the effective sims to a new home but that even stopped working. I'm presently giving up on playing Twinbrooks because of laundry. >.<
Field Researcher
#31 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
Looks like they didn't fix the dig sites. Or if they did, it isn't listed.

Yep, the dig sites are still borked.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Test Subject
#32 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 4:55 AM
I wonder if anyone else has had their sims randomly start wearing clothing when they shower. One of my sims began wearing base game jeans into the shower after I installed Ambitions. Said sim does NOT have the never nude trait.

Watching my sims wave at dig sites is getting a little old. But EA broke those with Ambitions too. It seems like every leap forward in this game comes with a donkey kick backwards. :/
Eminence Grise
#33 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:00 AM
Patch notes are one of my favorite literary genres They're entertaining, engaging, easy to read (short paragraphs), and often pure fiction!

"Junkyards can no longer be purchased as Real Estate properties" wtf? why? I liked owning a junkyard.

Ah well, they fixed the inventor consignment bug that makes me happy.
Instructor
#34 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:06 AM
"Magical gnomes from Ambitions will now behavior appropriately"

lol

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Scholar
#35 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:06 AM
Optimized memory usage for complex Sim homes created with Buy Mode

What does it means? Huge houses will have less lag?
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simguy18
darn patch, its available now, and already, some of the mods aren't cooperating.

Just to be nosy, which mods?

~M~
Retired
retired moderator
#37 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:37 AM
I miss CAW so bad. So bad.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#38 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich
My launcher lies and tells me I'm up to date too, Drakon.

You can read all the promises and claims about the patch firsthand here Aya Alexa

patch-o-rama

This app will automatically identify what patches are available and which patches your install needs:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=124490

Just don't post it on EA's site because they hate programs that work better than theirs.
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:58 AM
There are Supercomputer and Story Progression updates already, for Twallanites
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:07 AM
I'm having to manually update my Base Game version (since the Maxis patcher apparently can't do it, stupid 0.0.0.0 version bug). But the update keeps getting hung up on Sims 3/GameDate/Shared/resource.cfg and won't finish the update. Can anyone post me a copy of theirs for game version 1.12.70.006001?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maeklos
I'm having to manually update my Base Game version (since the Maxis patcher apparently can't do it, stupid 0.0.0.0 version bug). But the update keeps getting hung up on Sims 3/GameDate/Shared/resource.cfg and won't finish the update. Can anyone post me a copy of theirs for game version 1.12.70.006001?

I had to uninstall/reinstall the base game. I used the autopatcher and it worked fine.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#42 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:53 AM
Remember, if you're having any problems with your game, please post in the Help section!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Magical gnomes from Ambitions will now behavior appropriately

Since when "behavior" became a verb?

Don't worry, their EA, they can make up what ever they want!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 10:30 AM
I think this patch is crappy
Test Subject
#45 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:49 AM
not had any problems with patch. I have all sims 3 games/packs. Never used CAW though!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FordGT90Concept
This app will automatically identify what patches are available and which patches your install needs:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=124490

Just don't post it on EA's site because they hate programs that work better than theirs.

Beautiful! It even managed to patch WA for me, which the launcher failed to do.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#47 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 3:44 PM
Man, I despise these little patches that only fix minor issues. Always takes ages to get the resources changed to actually do something with them in the compiler, and the final result is that nothing in the game code related to my mods got actually changed...

Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
No cure for Running Disease I see....
Players on another forum wrote that their sims got cured from the Forrest Gump disease. My own tests indicate that nothing got changed about it. Can anyone confirm either way? Should I upload my hotfix or not?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I have the great misfortune of not currently having internet at home. How can I obtain this patch without getting it through the launcher or is that possible?

Look up a few posts from yours. Someone already posted a solution for this.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#49 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:15 PM
But that still requires thre internet.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#50 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:19 PM
I can download it here where I am currently and put it on a flash drive and take it home.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Page 2 of 4