Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 10:44 PM
Default Create new homeless sims?
I know there are about 50+ homeless sims in my neighborhood. Btw, homeless here in TS3 is not exactly poor and pitiful, they simply are not assigned a lot in the neighborhood.

I wonder if I can add my custom made sims into the list of homeless? Or after I split a household, and I don't have a lot to place the evicted sims. Sort of just add a sim and send him away into the darkness of the night. But occasionally can still "Invite over" or meet him at work or at a random venue.

I know I can create an empty 5x5 lot to put those sims in. But it would be easier just to make them truly homeless. (I also wonder if these sims are subject to termination by TS3 or any Story Progression rule?)

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 11:06 PM
I believe you can make sims homeless using MasterController using the household -> evict option.

It is possible to set Overwatch to delete homeless sims every night, but it's not the default setting. I don't think StoryProgression will delete/kill/emigrate them by default either.

I wouldn't turn on EA progression as that would most likely result in them randomly being deleted at some point.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sanati
I don't think StoryProgression will delete/kill/emigrate them by default either.

The mod *will* outright delete homeless sims if no other possible choice is available to handle them (role sims exempted).

However if you have the "Enable Progression" turned off, that particular cleanup operation is not performed.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.