Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 3:46 PM
Default Clone Tool Crash
Has anyone else noticed that the clone tool will hang and not esc or progress when in build mode?

I think that both times I had deleted the front door, but tonight it hung and all I could do was f-5 to sky mode without saving and cross my fingers that I had not just lost the best mod to Classy Crib I have ever done. (I always forget that you have to delete the second floor stairs to add a kitchen porch roof and ummm well after tearing half the house down and then just putting it back up, I got to the front door, clicked to clone it and it hung... the game hung with no mouse function.) After many bad words I did manage to get it saved, but that can be quite frustrating.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 7:05 PM
Was it a custom door? There was an issue with all custom windows and doors pre-some patch (LN I think)... where something about wall masks had changed... and using custom ones would hang the game when they were focused or highlighted or even just in camera range.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 9:25 PM
I am fully patched unless there is a new one, and its not custom it comes with Ambition's Classy Crib, the first one might have been customized, but this one is unquestionly EA. Thats why I mentioned it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Kestie Freehawk : 27th Apr 2011 at 9:59 PM.
Here are some screen shots of when it happened because I wanted the floor plan to recreate it if I had to. Some keystrokes worked. In the first photo I tried F1 to live mode, esc to cancel action, and then tried any keyboard controls because the rotate arrows didnt work either nor did zoom. The second shot was when I got pageup and down and the comma and camera. The third shows the finished job. I learned how to make a firepole work. Is there a keystroke save to do a save before skymode, because skymode says that you will lose any unsaved changes and you cant save.