Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:52 PM
Default Teach to talk » » » glitch afterwards?
Three days ago, I was playing TS3. My baby grew up to be a toddler. His mother taught him how to talk. The event comes up: awww, Tagor has learnt how to talk! Next up, to have him stop talking.

I never knew I should take that literally: both the toddler and the mother were 'stuck' in the teach to talk interaction. I thought my game was messed up again, so I deleted it and restarted from scratch.

Three minutes ago, I had the same thing. New game, new family, new toddler. Again, the message comes up to tell me my toddler had learnt how to talk. I wanted the mom to go into the kitchen so I lined up some interactions: go to kitchen, prepare food, etc. She just got stuck in the teach to talk interaction again!

I didn't take a screenshot, but I can tell you that the teach to talk icon was still in the queue, but with a red cross (meaning it is cancelled/finished, right?) for both mother and toddler. Neither of them could move or do something else...

Is anyone else experiencing this glitch and even better, does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Amy
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:55 PM
Yeah, I've had it several times. Ctrl + shift + C will bring up the cheat box, then just type 'resetsim' and then the name of either the mother or toddler (either works). ie - resetsim jane smith.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 1:15 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

-virtual hug-

I think you just saved my virtual life, or whatever is left of it
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 1:42 PM
No probs. That cheat (if you want to call it that, although it isn't really) can be used for most glitches where sims and/or objects get stuck. I dunno if you've noticed the guitar one yet, but I get that quite often too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:56 PM
What is it? Guitar-glitch?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 1:08 AM
They'll stop playing guitar and it'll get stuck to them. Get them to shower and it'll still be there. Send them to bed and it'll still be there. But as I said, resetsim fixes it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Maffers87 : 26th Jul 2009 at 1:41 AM. Reason: oops...forgot some words :)
The guitar one happened to me! I finally got it to go away when he disappeared under the covers while woo-hooing.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyMercury1
Three days ago, I was playing TS3. My baby grew up to be a toddler. His mother taught him how to talk. The event comes up: awww, Tagor has learnt how to talk! Next up, to have him stop talking.

I never knew I should take that literally: both the toddler and the mother were 'stuck' in the teach to talk interaction. I thought my game was messed up again, so I deleted it and restarted from scratch.

Three minutes ago, I had the same thing. New game, new family, new toddler. Again, the message comes up to tell me my toddler had learnt how to talk. I wanted the mom to go into the kitchen so I lined up some interactions: go to kitchen, prepare food, etc. She just got stuck in the teach to talk interaction again!

I didn't take a screenshot, but I can tell you that the teach to talk icon was still in the queue, but with a red cross (meaning it is cancelled/finished, right?) for both mother and toddler. Neither of them could move or do something else...

Is anyone else experiencing this glitch and even better, does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Amy

I have this problem right now! Sorry I don't know the answer, I left the game and didnt mess with it, hopefully i'll find the answer online on how to fix it. I went into help also in the cheat code box, but found nothing. Maybe tombstone of life and death will help. Either way im so frustrated, and just waiting for my sim to die, except he's the grim reaper and he cant! But the toddler will D: AHHHHHH
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 3:42 AM
What? Read the rest of the thread, I just SAID how to fix it.

Also, there IS not tombstone of L&D.
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:27 AM
I had the same thing yesterday after the learn to talk message. Resetsim worked just fine. It must be random, because I've taught toddlers to talk with no problems in the past.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:25 AM
No need to get rude haylz320, misreading is quite common.

Tagarela, I think you have your games confused; We are talking about the Sims 3, not the Sims 2 - and the tombstone of life and death only exists in the Sims 2.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 8:03 AM
Misreading, yes, but not reading it at all? That's just silly. And quite honestly, my original post was two lines long...pretty hard to misread.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:51 PM
Yeah, true, but give them a break
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haylz320
Yeah, I've had it several times. Ctrl + shift + C will bring up the cheat box, then just type 'resetsim' and then the name of either the mother or toddler (either works). ie - resetsim jane smith.

the exact same thing happened to me as it did to amy!!! and my ctrl + shift + c doesnt work on my computer. i used it for about a month on the sims 3, and suddenly one day the whole ctrlshiftc thing just stopped working when i try it. i STILL try it everyday just hoping it will work, but it never does. I dont want my sims stuck like this forever, just sitting and dieing!! please help!!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:59 AM
is it your keyboard? that seems really strange. Or maybe you've changed a setting on your computer so it means something else?
Instructor
#16 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 5:41 AM
Hmm, it may be a patch complication. I haven't taught anyone to talk since, but my ugly sim challenge has a toddler right now and I'll check it out.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chloeeannjohnson
the exact same thing happened to me as it did to amy!!! and my ctrl + shift + c doesnt work on my computer. i used it for about a month on the sims 3, and suddenly one day the whole ctrlshiftc thing just stopped working when i try it. i STILL try it everyday just hoping it will work, but it never does. I dont want my sims stuck like this forever, just sitting and dieing!! please help!!

I don't use ctrl-shift-c often, but I do use ` {Pause}, 1, 2, and 3 VERY often.

There was one day when the {Pause} key just stopped working. I could use 1, 2 and 3 to adjust the speed, but, the Pause key just wouldn't work. What I did was just save the game, restart, and that was that. All was well again.

I take it from your comment that since this has happened over a period of a few days, that you've done the standard save, quit, reboot, restart the game? Have you tried starting a new game to see what happens?
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 2:33 AM
I just wanted to say thank you. I got this glitch after slaving away for OVER an hour on a house for my family and it glitches not 5 minutes in. This saved my long efforts.Thank you so much
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 2:43 AM
I thought I just saw a ghost. Haylz320 had been gone since 2009 and I saw him posted here. Not sure how moderators think about resurrecting such old post.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.