Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#901 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:32 AM
Hehe those who sleep...
I'm known as that woman who always does her shopping past midnight in Tecos

It's been so hot this year generally in England in my opinion. Not very sunny but just kind of heatwaves where you sit and all of a sudden get hit by a wave of very warm for a few minutes!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#902 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:36 AM
I agree, I can't remember it being this warm for this long before. In England we tend to just get little patches of 'a real summer' interspersed with rain lol, don't we?

As for sleeping, this weather has made what is already a problem for me ten times worse..I rarely get into bed before 3 or 4am these days, sometimes 5 or 6. I wish I was just turning nocturnal but I still wake up early!
The other one
#903 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:44 AM Last edited by missroxor : 16th Aug 2010 at 1:17 AM.
I don't think the host has to judge but from what I've seen they generally do. Bear in mind that if you are the host then you set the judging criteria...if you don't want it to be about building technique then say that in your contest plan/write up thingy. You could say for example that the emphasis should be on decor or landscaping or even photography,...whatever. Or alocate different amounts of points for different categories like the judges should mark decor out of 10 but technique out of 5...if you make a contest then you make the rules

Also, I've seen in contests in the past arguements over judges comments or disputes over how they were judging (ok, I admit it, it was me somebody had a go at me for saying something negative that they felt I shouldn't be judging on). I would suggest as the contest host it's important that you not only set rules for the contestant to follow but make sure the judges are all singing off the same sheet too.

I really hope one of you does do a contest (I doubt I'll have time), I'd love to see another one on here :D

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#904 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:56 AM
Well, that is a definitely good idea. Again, I haven't done too much in depth thinking about it, and the only judging I've done is on videos over on YT, so if I decided to go for it, I'd definitely think about what I want and such. It also really depends on if anybody would want to be a contestant to my contest, if enough people would find it interesting.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Instructor
#905 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:58 AM
I noticed at the top of the page you discussing how quiet its been. For me, I have had a burst of building ideas since this contest. I have one upload I submitted the other day, and have been working on a water park for a few days now. Running out of room to do cfe....lol. But I'm having fun.

As far as doing a contest...my daughter is in school now, so maybe. I really just lurk most of the time. I'd definitely judge if one of you did one, though.

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Forum Resident
#906 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:08 AM
Well, that's at least one judge. Who knows who'd want to judge when they could compete, though?

The other one
#907 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:22 AM
I've been mega busy on the simming front too. First the tutorial and now I'm trying to teach myself what rustic Italian houses are supposed to look like so I can build one for CAW group ...but I'm having fun too

Lifeslover I can't imagine you having problems getting interest, I mean there was only 70 people in this contest because that's when they decided they had to cap it (although they did have advertising I suppose)...but it is a lot of work so I wouldn't blame anyone for being aprehensive about doing one.

Forum Resident
#908 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:24 AM
Well, the reason why I'm wondering if there'd be interest is that the ideas I've got swimming in my head right now are a lot more specific than just build whatever you want on a foundation I give you and that might turn some people off. And it won't have the official site advertising like this one did, like you mentioned.

The other one
#909 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
Well, that's at least one judge. Who knows who'd want to judge when they could compete, though?

You'd be surprised. I think a lot of judges do it because they can't compete, like if they only use TS2 but like your TS3 contest. I guess the others just have a God complex

The other one
#910 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
....it won't have the official site advertising like this one did, like you mentioned.

Strike while the iron's hot then. People are still checking the contest threads regularly because of the foundations contest, or ask anyone who's interesed to advertise it inc a link in their sig block.

If you're worried wbout it being too specific have a look in the TS2 contest threads. There's all sorts in there. In fact, when they first posted the foundations thread I was surprised at how unrestrictive it was, I expected to have to work to a theme or something.

Forum Resident
#911 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:34 AM
You know, the more I think about it, the more I want to go ahead and do it. I guess I'll go check out the rules and see what I have to do in order to get one started.

Forum Resident
#912 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 2:26 AM
I am trying to set up a ts2 contest with another girl... It's a beauty one she set it all up and I am going to push it through for her, I hope I can still judge in it lol. I judged in another contest and the host just vanish's.. Some people are so crude lol.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Forum Resident
#913 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 2:39 AM
Good luck with that, I hope it all works out.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#914 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:08 AM
I would love to be a judge! I think it would be a lot of fun. I really like the contest and being a participant but I also would love to be a judge. I always have an opinion.

I do miss building though. If I didn't have company, I would still be building now. I think you should definitely do it. If you need a judge, I would be more than willing.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#915 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:47 AM
Yeah, I think judging would be a whole lot of fun. Of course, I will probably amend this statement once I'm actually judging and realizing that it's quite stressful.

Forum Resident
#916 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 7:47 AM
PM me if you want to Im not aloud to make a thread about it. But only if you know for certain your not going to pull out. I want all judges before I submit it. Even if your an Emergancy judge would be nice(sorry for the irralavance by the way)

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Inventor
#917 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:24 PM
@Yogi Tea - lol thank you so much I'll give that a go sometime soon. Just now saw it cause I wasn't able to get online over the weekend.

On another note I got past my building block long enough to come up with a house. I'm going to try to submit it here in a bit.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#918 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:58 PM
I submitted one a couple of days ago and got a 'changes required' back yesterday -not about the house but about my pictures and had forgotten to add the price in game. So... fingers crossed. Better than the last 2 that just got rejected straightaway lol. See, maybe this contest has helped me :-)
Inventor
#919 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 2:30 PM
I just got to looking at all my screenshots and I forgot to get a daylight street view shot of my lot lol so it'll probably be tomorrow before I submit it lol

Forum Resident
#920 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 4:36 PM
I wish I had something worth submitting. Hopefully this new house I'm working on will make the cut.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#921 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:25 PM
Keep on trying. It's the only way to perfect your skills. :0)

this contest and my problems with installing store content - YES, I've PAID for it! - The EADM is incompatible with Windows 7 Home Premium. grrrr.. Anyway. ... It has given me reason to start meshing for TS3. So.. if I am successful.. you may see a set of Bonsai, Ikebana, stone lanterns and water features and low seating, etc. We'll see what I can manage. I haven't played with TS3 meshing yet. :0) Of course, if I ever complete them, I'll upload here. :0)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#922 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:28 PM
has anyone been able to get into create chat? I have not been able to load it for a few months on any computer I use.

Have the R3 scores been posted anywhere? I've looked but haven't seen them yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#923 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:31 PM
I shall try.

The scores has been posted in the R4 thread I think. Just on one of the last few pages

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#924 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:34 PM
I just managed to get in to the create chat. Never used it thought so don't know if it's actually working but connecting seems fine at least.

Inventor
#925 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:51 PM
When I first started trying to get into chat it wouldn't let me until I chose No instead of Yes on the box that came up. Now I get in fine lol

Page 37 of 39