Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:02 PM
Default Neighbourhood and the Professions...
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section...
If you have some Sims (not the active household one) that have Ambitions professions, will there any job for them?
Example, if there is an inactive ghost hunter, will there some houses that have spirits in it? Or will there any fire or earthquake if there's a firefighter? But no mods, just pure game only...
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:37 PM
As I understand it, inactive sims with professions cannot undertake work for your active sims (for example if you have a house fire, the sim putting it out will still always be an NPC fireman). So at a guess I would say the game would not generate scenaria for an inactive professional to deal with.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
As I understand it, inactive sims with professions cannot undertake work for your active sims (for example if you have a house fire, the sim putting it out will still always be an NPC fireman). So at a guess I would say the game would not generate scenaria for an inactive professional to deal with.

It would be nice and interesting if EA creates those things for us to watch, it's much more natural and interactive. :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 12:18 PM
Apparently twallan's StoryProgression achieves something close to that. Inactives will pursue their professions observably, but not in your active household, however.
I'm quite glad that this is not enabled by default, because seeing how EA handles such things (look at how parties of inactives are done), you'd get these events randomly no matter whether they make sense or not. Imagine your Sims coming home and meeting the ghost hunter and fire squad at the same time and then marching in comes the stylist and forces you to accept the makeover she is now bound to perform on you. She won't accept a no, even if the rest of your family has turned into ashes and been eaten by some monster spirit.