Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2016 at 12:46 PM
Default 3t2 Clothes transparency issue.
I've run into an issue while converting TS3 clothes to TS2. I had an issue where I couldn't remove every piece of 'skin' from the mesh without ruining the outfit, and so I was told that there was no need to remove everything because the parts without texture or alpha will be invisible anyway.

Long story short:

The mesh consists of two groups, one with the neck and hand parts named "top" and one with the shirt itself, simply named "shirt". This is what the comment looks like:
ModelName: shirt
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 3

This is what the property set looks like:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2016 at 6:21 PM
The Property Set looks okay (as long as you've got the right numbers for your override1resroucekeyidx values). You probably need to be looking at the TXMT. That's where you can set the mesh parts as transparent or opaque. It doesn't look like that's been done here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2016 at 7:17 PM
I'm still a newbie at this, so excuse my ignorance, but I really have no idea what the override1resroucekeyidx number is supposed to be.
I found a tutorial about how to create an alpha editable skirt, and I found that you're supposed to change 'cMaterialDefinition' > 'SimSkin' to 'SimStandardMaterial'. I tried doing that(but only for the shirt group) and the shirt is no longer skin-coloured, but instead black where it should be invisible.

This is what the 'shirt' group properties look like:
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2016 at 9:57 PM
stdMatAlphaBlendMode shouldn't be set to "none". If I recall correctly, it should be set to "blend".

I'm not sure what tutorial you're using, but I like to direct people to CatOfEvilGenius's tutorial for problems like this. I've directed you to the relevant section, which is building the recolour package and getting all the alpha stuff working properly. If you follow those instructions, you should end up with transparency for the neck of your shirt.

I'm a bit concerned that, once you get the alpha working, your shirt is going to look very strange. If there's no body underneath the shirt, then the lace is going to reveal that (and your Sim will look hollow and invisible). Let me know how it goes, though; I don't know what's under that shirt, so I can't say for sure what's going to happen.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2016 at 9:33 AM
I'll read through the tutorial and see what I can do!
Also, I changed the stdMatAlphaBlendMode to 'blend' and you were right, some funny things did happen. The lace isn't supposed to be see-through so that's no issue.

Suddenly I can see the arm through the shirt! But at least the neck part is fixed(aside from some clipping). Funny, Im currently struggling with this same issue on a hair I'm trying to convert. I haven't seen this happen to any hair I've converted before and I've repeated the very same steps I do on every other hair.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2016 at 4:21 PM
Okay so I've read the tutorial you linked quite a few times now, and step by step made sure that I haven't missed anything - I even created an underside to the shirt, as per the tutorial. Now that I opened BodyShop, the shirt looks the same as it does in the picture above..except for the fact that I can't find it in the bin, but my sim is wearing it.
Either I've done something horribly wrong or I'm just overlooking something really simple.
I just can't figure it out.
If you or anyone can be bothered to take a look, I've uploaded the files here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k...9eol/blouse.zip
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th May 2016 at 6:28 PM
I had a look, and I can't see anything wrong with what you've done. Textures are linked, mesh groups have the correct opacity (I thought that might've been the issue, but I guess not), and all the TXMT stuff seems okay. I know I've had that weird opacity problem (like in your picture) happen to me, but it was with accessories... so I'm really not sure what's going on here.

Hopefully someone else has some ideas!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2016 at 6:54 PM
Well thank you so much for bothering, you've been really helpful! =) <3
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 11:41 PM
Oh this is really late! I'm so sorry! Well it's not like I'll be any help haha. Have you found the solution?

It's just I had a problem like this, I think it can be for many reasons but this was mine, it was because the joints were either not assigned properly, or the curvy and normal morph don't have the same joints in the same places
that's what worked for me! I really hope you can solve it

It sounds very strange because why would the opacity appear with the joints? I honestly don't know. It's just what worked for me! The joints were different to the curvy morph. Do you even have a curvy/pregnant morph though? Hmm...