Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Cheesie : 16th Dec 2011 at 10:23 PM.
Name: Alex Vaughn
City and Country of Origin: Berlin, Germny
Heritage: German, a little bit Italian
Bio: My friends and family often describe me with one simple word: weird. Other words that have come to define me are: spontaneous, dramatic, unpredictable, and just plain awesome. I've also been well known for my fertile imagination. I presume this all sprouted by my love of the arts, espicially literature. As a young girl, my family tranferred to the US for both educational and occupational reasons. After college graduation, I moved straight back to Berlin. I've been working as a model since, while writing my book in my spare time.
What do you love about your country?
Everything in German culture just fills me with wonder. Germany is known for being "Das Land der Dichter und Denker," the land of poets and thinkers. Ever since I was little, I had fallen in love in Germany's diverse styles of the arts and their representation of art. I also love the variety of cuisine there, everything from Italian to Japanese. Many important and historical figures have originated from Germany, such as Albert Einstein, Johann Sebastian Bach, and more.

Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world?
It was a little shocking to me when they announced that I was chosen out of so many other applicants to represent Germany. If I were to guess why, it was most likely because of my love for German culture, and I did have a bit of an advantage from my modeling experience.
Many people look down upon Germany with scorn and contempt because of World War II and Adolf Hitler. Others often forget that the Nazis invaded their own country first. I want to show the world that Germany has a lot more to offer than living under Hitler's horrendous shadow.

Head Shot

Body Shot

Creative Shot
Advertisement
The other one
#77 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:36 PM Last edited by missroxor : 16th Dec 2011 at 12:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
PLEASE GET IN APPLICATIONS BY FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16. Late applications will not be accepted past Friday, December 23 under any circumstances.

Hey, I was just discussing the deadline with some people in #create and realised I might have the wrong end of the stick D: Can you just clarify, are we allowed to still submit applications up to and including 23rd Dec if we can't make 16th?

Edit: We just saw the bit about PMing you

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
lipglosschaos, will we be allowed extensions for some rounds if needed?
Yes, but you *need* to PM me before the round due date with a valid reason, and they should be in one week after due at the latest. And try not to get too behind!

Quote: Originally posted by waterjay
Wait a sec.... I don't understand! White Background Or NOT? I thought I read somewhere that it doesn't necessarely have to be on a white background! =S
It should have a white/grey background, but some people did not know this before submitting. So, as a blanket announcement for all who have yet to submit, YOUR HEADSHOTS AND BODY SHOTS SHOULD BE AGAINST A WHITE OR GREY BACKGROUND.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#79 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:14 AM
Default Miss Russia
Name: Yesenia Azarova

City and Country of Birth: Irkutsk, Russia

A Brief Description of your Heritage: A mixture of Siberian nations: Russian, Buryat, Siberian Tatar

A Short Bio: Born and raised in the city of Irkutsk, near the famous "Pearl of Siberia" - lake Baikal. Since my early years I was in a local folklore ensemble, I sing Russian folk songs and played three traditional instruments: Domra, Balalaika and Svirel.
After graduating from school I started studies in Irkutsk State University and I'm currently on the way of getting my history degree.

What do you love about your country? The beauty of its nature. There are so many beautiful wild places, untouched by humans and covered with their mystery. Lake Baikal is only one of them, but as we say here - if you haven't seen Baikal, you haven't seen Siberia.

Question: Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world?
Answer: I believe I was chosen because of my rich heritage, as a mixture of many ethnic groups I can represent my country as the most exemplary person. Since the media has distorted the image of the Russian nation, I wanted to show the world our real face. We are honorable and strong people with thousands years of history behind us, our unique culture may be a mystery to outsiders, but we are proud to be who we are.

Face shot

Body shot

Creative shot

NOTE:
The background is not Photoshopped, I used a CC wall painting. You can take a look at it here.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Field Researcher
#80 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheesie
Name: Alex Vaughn

Cheesie dear, you have to upload your pictures somewhere and link to the uploaded image, not the one on your hard drive... Try modyourpanties.com
Scholar
#81 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 4:26 AM
I can be an emergancy judge if you wish, I'm better with judging/reviewing stuff then actually being judged myself
Anyway, if not, I understand. What beautiful sims guys! Good luck with entries and judging!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 1:28 PM Last edited by lipglosschaos : 17th Dec 2011 at 4:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
Cheesie dear, you have to upload your pictures somewhere and link to the uploaded image, not the one on your hard drive... Try modyourpanties.com
Yes, I also am not able to see your pictures. I look forward to seeing your entry, though! xx

Thanks for all the wonderful entries, everyone!!! Please try your very best to get them finished up or submitted today, and if you can't, you shouldn't have them in any later than Friday, December 23rd (one week from now). Remember: Your entries will not be judged until they are finished. Scores should be posted Monday, but if you turn your entries in late, they will be posted ASAP. xx

The other one
#83 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:38 PM
Hey, I'm working on my entry but I've changed my mind about the country, hopping over the water to Egypt so can I please reserve that instead

Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar

Fixed it. Thanks :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 4:58 PM Last edited by lipglosschaos : 17th Dec 2011 at 5:17 PM.
For those of you who have already submitted your entries, your scores should be up by Monday, December 19th. Those of you who are turning in your applications late, please try not to get behind. I'd really rather not see every single entry being submitted a week late, it messes up the whole time table.

I will be posting the Round 2 information sometime this weekend, so stay tuned!

A quick note about Bonus Rounds: There will be Bonus Rounds in rounds 2 and 3. In order to make them more challenging, NO late entries will be accepted for bonus rounds, whether you have an excuse or not. Because of this, however, bonus rounds will only add a few points to your scores and will not be able to completely tip the scales.

We still need a few more Emergency Judges! And judges, if you will be too busy to score a Round, be sure to PM me the Friday that round is due, otherwise we'll have to scramble at the last minute.

Field Researcher
#86 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:12 PM
Default Miss Scotland
Name: Kimber Wallace

City and Country of Birth: Moray, Scotland

A Brief Description of your Heritage: I’m kind of a Heinz 57. I have Germanic, Roman and Briton ancestory.

A Short Bio: I am currently a student at the University of St. Andrews. I am studying foreign languages and history. I intend on joining the RAF after graduation where I plan to put my knowledge of languages to good use as a translator.

What do you love about your country? I love its rich history and language. The people are warm and welcoming. Scotland is where you’ll always find a hearty fish and chips meal and a spot of tea.

Question: Why do believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world? While Scotland is part of the UK there are distinct differences as in our own culture and language. I want the world to know how much Scotland has been a part of shaping the world as we know it today and what it has to offer today. I believe they chose me because I am a good representation of today’s youth in Scotland and it helps that I have red hair ;P.

Head Shot

Body Shot

Creative Shot

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 11:56 PM
Hey everyone! You may have noticed the changes I made to the original post and to my post laying out the rules for the application round. I'll be finishing up the banner for Round 2 soon, and once I'm done with that I'll be able to release the information!

I'm also cooking up a little surprise for all the contestants, so keep checking back in!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 1:50 AM

Round Two - Culture

This entry is due Friday, December, 24th, but late entries will be accepted through the end of the competition.

Your second round will be all about honoring your culture and respecting others. This is your opportunity to take pride in your heritage and choose how you want the nation you represent to be portrayed to the world.

Note: This may require a bit of research on your part.

Please provide:
-A full-body picture of yourself dressed in modern style from your country. This can be against any background but must be in color. Explain how the youth of your country dresses and how important fashion is there.
-A headshot of yourself that represents the makeup and hair that is common in your country. This should be against a plain white background. Explain how the stylish people of your country like to look and how important image is to most people.
-A picture of yourself that depicts culture from any different period of time in your country. Explain how your picture matches the culture of that time period. (Note: Because of limited CC, there is quite a bit of leeway on this one. Just do your best.)
-A picture of yourself that depicts you doing something you like to do that is very common to your country or your general cultural area.
-Answer the following question: What do you love about your country? What do you think is a large problem in your country?

This entry is due Friday, December, 24th. No late entries will be accepted under any circumstances.

This round will be a snapshot of one day in the life of each Miss World 2011 contestant. Participation in this round is optional, and scores will be tacked on to your final total. Each of these challenges will be considered as a whole. You can earn up to 5 bonus stars in each bonus round (this is to avoid skewing the results).

Provide the following:

-A picture that shows your work. Briefly describe what it is that you do and why you love it.
-A picture that shows what you do to let off steam and have fun. Briefly describe how you got interested in this and why you love it.
-A picture that shows what you do in your community to give back. Briefly describe how you got started and why you love it.
-A picture that shows a special talent you have that you work to refine. Briefly describe how you got interested and why it is important to you.
-Answer the following question: What do you love most about the daily life you live? What makes your life happy and special?

The other one
#89 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 4:33 AM
Default Round 1 - Egypt
Name: Anippe “Ani" Sadat

City and Country of Birth: Cairo, Egypt

A Brief Description of your Heritage: 3/4 Egyptian, 1/4 Turkish

A Short Bio: Born and raised on the outskirts of the city I later moved to downtown Cairo to live with relatives while I studied History and English at Cairo University. I graduated this summer with honors and have recently taken a position as a junior curator at the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities. It was a colleague there that first tried to convince me to apply for the Miss Egypt beauty pageant. My initial reaction was not positive but I came to realize that it’s not all about dressing up and looking pretty. I hope to use the attention to advocate causes I feel passionate about and highlight the beauty and culture of Egypt.

What do you love about your country?
With over 5000years of recorded history, Egypt has possibly one of the longest and richest histories on Earth. It’s not only a source of great national pride but has also captured the attention of enthusiasts and scholars the world over for centuries. Of course, with the good comes the bad but combined, it’s what made Egypt what it is today: our history formed our cultural identity. I am proud of our roots but the thing I love most about my nation is our ability to put so much faith in honoring the traditions and customs of our ancestors, without allowing ourselves to become complacent in our ideals. We’re not afraid to look to the future, to challenge ourselves and to make history by daring to shape our own future.

Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world?
I believe I was chosen to represent my country because while I have a deep appreciation and respect for Egypt’s vast history and traditions I am a progressive thinker and prime example of what it means to be a modern Egyptian woman. While I enjoy many of the freedoms of Western women such as the ability to vote, to educate myself and to earn a living I, like most Egyptian women, am also a faithful and virtuous Muslim who understands the importance of living a clean lifestyle.

In entering this contest I hope to show the world that Egypt is more than what’s written in the history books, that we are a constantly evolving nation with an eye on the future. I also hope to use this opportunity as a platform to highlight women’s rights, to show the world that it’s possible to be a good, religious woman without restricting women’s freedoms and rights.

Head Shot:

Swimwear (modest swimwear as classed by the store):

Creatve shot - Remembering our history as we look to the future:

Forum Resident
#90 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 5:17 AM Last edited by LadyAwesome : 18th Dec 2011 at 5:51 AM.
[Edit] I am pulling out. - contests are ment to be fun. This seems like a lot of research, time and effort. Too many rule changes.

Plus its christmas, there is TOO MUCH stuff to do before then, and I have a 50 hour week ahead of me.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
The other one
#91 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 5:26 AM
I’m a bit worried about the second round too (so much so I almost considered not submitting an entry for the first). It seems like a lot of work and I think it might scare people off continuing. Especially since it’s over Christmas: more work = less fun.

To illustrate my point I did a quick count and in total the round requires 1body shot, 1 head shot and 6 creative shots (I define creative as requires a set to be designed and maybe props) so 8 images total. 3 of those need descriptions that will require time spent on research and in addition there’s 4 other short descriptions (no research) required and 4 questions to answer. I know the bonus round isn’t required but there are those who’re in it to win it so will always attempt the bonus round.

I hope this doesn’t come across as rude, I’m only hoping to help you out and hopefully prevent any loss of contestants.

Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#92 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 5:38 AM
I must agree on this with previous posts, it really seems like a lot of work right before one of the most important holidays.
Most contests on here usually ask for 2-3 images per round which seems more manageable. Also, some of the pictures require to show events (charity, common activities in your country) which are almost impossible with such limited possibilities we have in Sims 3. Moreover, some countries have quite big list of CC made for them while others have none at all.

P.S. One of the round 2 questions (What do you love about your country?) is already asked in round 1.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
#93 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 6:28 AM
Right now i'm jumping for joy I didn't choose a foreign country since I chose my home country it's easier to answer questions about Australia. And I do agree Christmas is coming soon and I have to leave in two days to celebrate it at my mothers so it's alot harder to finish rounds I decided to do rounds at night especially because I suffer from insomnia and often play Sims when I can't sleep I believe you should take out the bonus rounds it's way to much and kinda unfair on the people who are way to busy to do them.

P.S I love your entry missroxor since I was 6 I studied Egyptian history I found it the most interesting I love your model to she's gorgeous.
The other one
#94 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovelydia101
P.S I love your entry missroxor since I was 6 I studied Egyptian history I found it the most interesting I love your model to she's gorgeous.

Damn! I was hoping nobody else would know much about Egypt so I could get stuff wrong without people noticing thanks for the compliment though Your Jessica is very cute too and by some weird coincedence, I'm also Scottish and she has the same birthday as me!

Test Subject
#95 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:44 AM
Round 2 Culture

Explain how the youth of your country dresses and how important fashion is there.

Fashion is very important and were you live has alot of impact. The young females are more into natural colors and making fashion comfortable and stylish. Right now in Australia it's summer and it can get real hot so nice breezy clothing is the best as you can see with my shirt plus mini shorts are always fashionable here also I gave the shorts a bit of a distressed worn out look which is also popular. And not to forget the famous converse which really goes with the outfit. As you can see the nice natural look is very popular here.

Explain how the stylish people of your country like to look and how important image is to most people.

Image is also important and just like clothes the natural look is the most stylish. Girls these days try to go for long hair with either blonde or brown color. Having a lazy hairstyle (not that much work went into it) is also popular plus having straight hair is very fashionable

Explain how your picture matches the culture of that time period.

This picture shows a girl who is a convict and the sadness of the period having that she was young and alone like so many others. As you can see the sun is rising on her face this represents the future is bright for all that suffered during this time.

A picture of yourself that depicts you doing something you like to do that is very common to your country or your general cultural area.

As you can imagine my options are pretty limited so most of the things we do in the outback is outside when you live on a farm (or in my case a cattle station) having a nice ride on a horse is a lovely way to spend a hot summers day (or a swim in your local creek).

What do you think is a large problem in your country?
Racism though Australia is very multicultural the racism can get really bad. We often call people from other countries names that are very rude. The worst thing that ever happened would have to be a couple of years ago on Australia day there were these huge rampages were many young Australians bet or nearly killed people from other countries and the sad part is small rampages often happen on Australia day every year.
Test Subject
#96 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Damn! I was hoping nobody else would know much about Egypt so I could get stuff wrong without people noticing thanks for the compliment though Your Jessica is very cute too and by some weird coincedence, I'm also Scottish and she has the same birthday as me!

That's awesome i made jessica as much like me as possible so just like me i gave her my birthday and heritage.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 12:53 PM Last edited by lipglosschaos : 18th Dec 2011 at 1:04 PM.
Note to everyone:

Before you just go pulling out of the contest, you should know a couple things:

-"Research" mostly entails Googling one or two things, and because of the Holidays you have almost halfway into January to get everything done (except the Bonus Rounds).
-The creative shots don't have to take a ridiculous amount of preparation...
-As for description, I say *briefly* and I mean *briefly* You don't have to write a paragraph, just 1-2, MAYBE 3 sentences.
-Bonus rounds are just that, Bonus Rounds, they don't add that many points so there's not pressure to do them.
-PLEASE voice your concerns before you just drop out randomly! It doesn't really help anyone to just leave.

EDIT: A note specifically about Round Two:

This is probably the most difficult round in the contest, but the round that is over Christmas Week is easy peasy (no pun intended, EasyPeaze) lemon squeezy. You have as much time as you need to get it done, and the Bonus Round really isn't required. I understand that some of you might have finals, grades closing, cleaning (ew), and other things to do, I myself have to pack and be in Columbus, OH on Saturday. This is why you have the whole length of the contest.

I also think some of you are overcomplicating things a bit. These "Creative Shots" do not require you to build a whole set- you could take some of them anywhere, in Sunset Valley, inside a house, etc.

If you'd all like, since scores don't come out for another day or so, I can change the requirements for Round 2 if most of you/us do not think it is doable. I would suggest snapping a Creative Shot with the aforementioned in mind today before you automatically assume it's too difficult. Lemme know how it works out xx

Field Researcher
#98 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 5:50 PM
I should hopefully be fine with Round 2 - with the bonus round I presume with 5 pics and 5 points we could just do 2 for 2 points or 3 for 3 etc? Or is it all or nothing? Also do we need to put the round and the bonus pics on the same post as that could be quite lengthy? I guess with each point in the bonus round being 1 picture/answer they don't have to be as 'perfect' as those in the main round anyway. Might not be so bad:-S
Although I agree with Elexis about not repeating that same question.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#99 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Elexis : 18th Dec 2011 at 7:54 PM.
Lipglosschaos, many people enter contests because they want to win (that's why all of them have a winner), and stating that they can just submit a bunch of not well made pics in a hurry isn't the right way to motivate them.
Then let me ask something, if bonus round won't add many points, isn't the 4 pics a bit too much? The first round had only 3 pics, 2 of which didn't require the background scene. I can assure you, that setting up the right scene is probably the most time consuming process. The quality should be more important than the quantity.
Your post is just screaming with words "either you want to win this contest, or have Christmas". I see that it could end up as a big train wreck.
As the member of this community I highly recommend you to review your requirements and consult with contest mods or more experienced contest hosts.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
I should hopefully be fine with Round 2 - with the bonus round I presume with 5 pics and 5 points we could just do 2 for 2 points or 3 for 3 etc? Or is it all or nothing? Also do we need to put the round and the bonus pics on the same post as that could be quite lengthy? I guess with each point in the bonus round being 1 picture/answer they don't have to be as 'perfect' as those in the main round anyway. Might not be so bad:-S
Although I agree with Elexis about not repeating that same question.
Did I repeat a question? I didn't mean to... I'll change it today. And yes, you could just do part of the round for that many points, if you wanted to!

Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
Lipglosschaos, many people enter contests because they want to win (that's why all of them have a winner), and stating that they can just submit a bunch of not well made pics in a hurry isn't the right way to motivate them.
Then let me ask something, if bonus round won't add many points, isn't the 4 pics a bit too much? The first round had only 3 pics, 2 of which didn't require the background scene. I can assure you, that setting up the right scene is probably the most time consuming process. The quality should be more important than the quantity.
Your post is just screaming with words "either you want to win this contest, or have Christmas". I see that it could end up as a big train wreck.
As the member of this community I highly recommend you to review your requirements and consult with contest mods or more experienced contest hosts.
Contests are meant to be *fun*, and as there isn't really a prize the goal to me is just to do your best, though everyone has their own agenda.
The bonus rounds are optional, so I don't see why there is so much speculation about them. You can do them if you want, but if I made Bonus Rounds equal to regular rounds, scores would get ridiculously skewed.
I never said it was Christmas vs. the contest. You have until January 13th to get all the rounds in, so there should be time to do so, and though I don't encourage you half-do anything, you don't need to be extravagant. Middle ground is always best.

Page 4 of 8