Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 8:51 PM
Default Combined Mesh looks fine in MS and Simpe. Explodes and floats in Bodyshop.
Hiya! So I've been taking a crack in franieken meshing, mostly using Synaptic's werewolf's legs along with a dress I want to have them. I follow the tutorial, but It seems that it..uh explodes and floats with the head in between the legs in bodyshop, but lookin fine in MS and simpe. I have some pictures attached. I'm not sure whats causing it. It's werid, since I did a similar thing by replacing the a hands of an outfit with something else and it worked fine..Hm. Any advice?
Screenshots

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 8:57 PM
When my meshes explode, it's usually when I've tried to combine parts in the fat morph... which has no bone assignment information. So... I'm wondering if you accidentally used the werewolf legs from the fat morph rather than from the regular morph.

I have NEVER been able to Frankenstein fat morphs; it always results in an explosion. I have no idea why. I have to make the regular morph and then clone it to make the fat morph from scratch. You could try doing that and see if it works. Sometimes it's easier to do it that way; at least if you get the regular morph working without exploding, you'll know where things went wrong if you get explosions later.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
When my meshes explode, it's usually when I've tried to combine parts in the fat morph... which has no bone assignment information. So... I'm wondering if you accidentally used the werewolf legs from the fat morph rather than from the regular morph.

I have NEVER been able to Frankenstein fat morphs; it always results in an explosion. I have no idea why. I have to make the regular morph and then clone it to make the fat morph from scratch. You could try doing that and see if it works. Sometimes it's easier to do it that way; at least if you get the regular morph working without exploding, you'll know where things went wrong if you get explosions later.

Hm the werewolf legs have no morphs at all. Should I try to just get rid of the morphs from the dress then?

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 1:08 AM
Something has morphs, based on that picture in MilkShape. You've got two groups called "dress", along with two morphs. I assumed the legs were part of one of the "dress" groups, and each of those has a corresponding morph.

Save your work with the morphs (in case you want to go back later once you've figured things out), then delete the morphs and save your project with a new name. Then import it into SimPE and see if you can get it working in Body Shop. If it doesn't explode, then something was wrong with the morphs. If it does explode, then we'll have to take a closer look at those werewolf legs.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 3:29 AM
This looks to me like when I accidentally moved or resized the skeleton of the mesh. Try _first_importing any good mesh of the same age category and then importing your mesh (say no to adding additional whatevers if asked). Then delete the fist mesh, export your mesh and see if it's better. Don't forget to delete the cache files before testing.