Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 3:16 AM
Default Force Delete items?
With the testingcheatsenabled I am able to delete items placed in the world, usually.

But what I'm looking for now is something that can delete Items in my Sim's Inventory.

Very often I'm encountering bugs, among them are items becoming stuck in my inventory, and also me being unable to move any item until I reset my sim.

2 Examples of Items that are completely stuck in my inventories are Pet Food (Fish) and a Genie Lamp (Of which I accidentally deleted it's buggy Genie.)
Neither item can I move in my inventory at all, If I want it at the top/bottom of inventory for sorting, I have to move everything around it.
Speaking of the lamp, whenever I use the Lamp, it like deletes my character, and respawns him at the house,
I'd say it does what resetsim does, but whenever I do this, I think Needs stay the same, and the Bed set to that Sim is still set to his name, but not him.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 6:07 AM
With MasterController, you can try different things with stuck objects in the inventory:

1) You can try to unstuck your inventory: Click on Sim> NRaas>Master Controller> Basic> Sort Inventory.
2) You can try to sell items from the inventory: Click on Sim> NRaas > Master Controller > Basic > Sell Item
3) You can delete items from the inventory (you'll need the Cheats module): Click on Sim> NRaas > MasterController > Household > Object Stats > Inventory

There's more information on that in this page at Nraas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 6:28 AM
The Objects are stuck in my inventory, I'm unable to move them, unable to grab or pick them up, only thing I can do with either is the Genie Lamp,
the option is to Summon the Genie, but I explained above (Though not sure how understandable my explanation is..) how poorly that works.

I'm also just now Realizing I didn't have MasterController...

I'm realizing theres a lot of important Nraas I don't have.. Any suggestions on what I should get?

This is what my little list looks like rn http://prntscr.com/d1zkk2
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 7:11 AM
Well, as I explained, MasterController and its Cheats module is a good start with the problem you're having, if you try to follow the different methods detailed in my previous post.

1) With MasterController, sometimes, sorting the inventory can unstuck the objects, making them usable/draggable again.
2)-3) If that doesn't work, you'll have to either, try to sell the items from your inventory with MasterController or just delete them with Mastercontroller.

An other mod that could be helpful is Overwatch. It also has an option to "Clean up Inventory" that's enabled by default.
As I understand, it will automatically monitor Inventory items and make sure you're not actually seeing items that are, in fact, not in the inventory.

I don't personally use it, but ErrorTrap is another well recommended Nraas mod. It's a core-mod and will help protect your saves from corruption.

But you already have those, so I think, you're good on that front.

I also like using DebugEnabler, which will grant you access to various debug interactions.

The rest would depend on the functionalities you want to add in game.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BroodWarrior
I'm also just now Realizing I didn't have MasterController...
I'm realizing theres a lot of important Nraas I don't have.. Any suggestions on what I should get?
This is what my little list looks like rn http://prntscr.com/d1zkk2

Hello BroodWarrior - Here are some suggested NRaas Mods To Start With . Error Trap and Overwatch are pretty much "must haves" and you need do nothing but install them and let them do their jobs. There is more detail on this page in the Mods and Tools That Help Column.