Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 6:24 AM
Default The Little Miss Sim Beauty Pageant - WHO WON?!

Beauty

Welcome to the first Little Miss Sim Pageant. I'll be your host Babson McFee. Thank you for taking a look at this contest. This contest is all about your sims' little ones. Your children will go through various tasks, while you'll be the "pageant parent." If you have any questions about the contest's rules, please keep the thread clean and send me a PM. Thereafter, the questions and answers will be posted in a FAQ type post.

Requirements:
-Sims must only be a child.
-Sims must be female.
-Sims should be human, but can be any type of creature
-No aged down beauty contest sims.
-Custom content is allowed.
-Your creativity and imagination.
-Photoshopping is fine, but not required (just don't overdo it please.)
-No Text on Images.
-You may enter 2 sims, but in seperate apps.
-If the child sim is living with a single parent, please name the parent she is staying with.

Dropping Out:
It's really important to me that everyone who participates do so for all rounds, so please make sure you can commit yourself to this contest fully before deciding to enter.

Rounds, Scoring, and Eliminations:
-Applications: Getting to Know About Your Child. (Ends Sunday Jan. 8 @ 6PM EST)
-Round 1: Festive Wear and Pajama Party (Starts Jan. 5 Ends Jan. 12 @ 10 PM EST) - Ext. January 15th @ 10 PM EST.
-Round 2: Cultural Wear. (Starts Jan. 16 Ends Jan. 21 @ 10 PM EST)
-Round 3: Weekend Fun! (Starts Jan. 22 Ends Jan. 27 @ 10PM EST) - Extension - Jan 30th @ 10PM EST
-Round 4: What do you want to be when you grow up? (Starts Jan. 28 Ends February 5 @ 10PM EST)

KEY: Current/Past/Future

Judging Criteria - Tasks 1 & 2
Creativity - 10 Points
Beauty - 10 Points
Style - 10 Points
Effort - 5 Points

Judging Criteria - Bonus Task

Style - 5 Points
Creativity - 2.5 Points
Beauty - 2.5 Points
Total Possible Points: 80

Each Task is Judged Seperately bringing a total of 70 points without the mini task. The Mini Task Adds 10 points to the score, making the highest possible score 80 points. Eliminations will be held after the application round, starting with round 1.

Application Template
Parents' Name(s):*
Name of child entering contest:*
Child's Date of Birth:*
Personal biography about your child:*
Portfolio
1 Baby Photo (infant or toddler)
2 Current Photos (1 headshot and 1 freeshot)

Prizes! - Grab Bag

Emile - By Me

Celeste - By TLAWBLIQUE360

Thanks everyone for reading, please join if you can
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 11:04 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 1.1.08
Ends 2.9.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 11:05 AM
Default Lmsbp Faq.
Woo! Finally, checking in. Let's get those apps ready kiddos.

FAQ
1.I have a question about your contest, can one of the parents of the kid be a sim that I downloaded, or do they have to be sims that I made? Thanks!
Just to be safe I wouldn't make them the parents. I was thinking of having a task where a shot with the parents and child. The contest rules state that you can't use other people's Sims. Now you can use the same skintones etc., but don't recreate the sim. And the children can be born in CAS if you start out fresh.

--
2. Just a quick question. I know we're not supposed to use other people's sims, but are Maxis sims OK? ie. can I clone a couple of townies or downtownies with SimPE, throw them into my game and breed them together to make my child?
Technically that's not anyone's sims But I don't think the folks from EAxis willl come storming in and saying "OH NO WE DON'T WANT YOU using our sims for your contest" Sure if you want. I suppose EAxis won't care since all they care about is revenue.

--

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 11:06 AM
Default Contestants and Judges.

Round 1 Information - Round 1 Results
Round 2 Information - Round 2 Results
Round 3 Information - Round 3 Results
Round 4 Information - Round 4 Results

Contestants

9. Vasco and Maria Júlia Gonçalves, parents of Yanca Gonçalves (Nyane) APP; R1; R2; R3; R4
10.Jiro and Marie Aixinjueluo, Parents of Yuki Aixinjueluo (sa+gil) APP; R1; R2; R3; R4
11.Cecilia and Xavier Donovan, parents of Kylie Donovan (Engram) APP; R1; R2; R3; R4
12.Salvatore and Magdalina Maselli, parents of Ava Marie Maselli (Bree2Kool) APP; R1; R2; R3; R4

Gone, but not forgotten...
1. Melissa and Alan Roberts, parents of Megan Roberts (MissTech) APP NO ENTRY
2. Melanie and Cedric Diggory, parent of Stephanie Diggotry (melandocchi) APP NO ENTRY
3. Melissa and Alan Roberts, parents of Melody Roberts (MissTech)APP NO ENTRY
4. Spencer and Layla Jeane, parents of Vanessa Jeane (PolkaDotFox)APP NO ENTRY
5. Tracy Swan and Kelly Swan, parents of Rebbecca Swan (bs624)APP D.O.
6. Eddie and Laura Leigh, parents of Christina Leigh (miniaussielover) APP NO ENTRY
7. Judy McCalvern, mother of Essa McCalvern (Gwenn83) APP NO ENTRY
8. June Bovel, parent of Atrina Bovel (spiffyriffic) APP NO ENTRY
13.Anastasia and Briah Tyler, parents of Leanna Tyler (sugarapple22) APP NO ENTRY

--
Judges

1. FurryPanda
2. tubegal1988
3. midnight05
Emergency Judges
4. TLAWBLIQUE360
5. x_iiLy_x

Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 11:38 AM
can i use a sim who was on the same kind of contest at a different forum? If so, i will have to age her down to toddler because she is a child right now. is that okay too?

check out my story Faking It
Casting call for Eve's Apple currently going on PM me!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 11:48 AM
Respectively, I don't think it would be fair to the others, but I say It's fun to make different sims. I would suggest not putting her in the contest because you already made her for one contest. You should do something different.

Instructor
#7 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:28 PM
Default Megan Roberts
Parents' Names: Alan & Melissa Roberts
Name of child entering contest: Megan Roberts
Child's Date of Birth: March 21
Personal biography about your child: Megan is a happy child, full of spirit and spunk. She has a great love of the outdoors (garnered from her Dad who is an adventurer), and loves living at the beach with her parents, older sister Meredith, and twin sister Melody. Meg is an outstanding student, but she had better be with a college lecturer for a Mom! She is unsure of what she wants to do 'when she grows up' because as she puts it, "There are too many adventures to be had, and too many things to learn out there! To try to pick just one thing would be way too hard!"

Toddler Photo:

Child Photos:

(Melody took this picture... not bad Mel!)

(Me & Melody sittin` on the beach at home)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 7:33 PM
Hi all, FurryPanda, checking in as a judge. Can't wait to see everyone's entries. Oh and happy new year!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 9:49 PM
Great App MissTech I've added you to the list. Thanks for joining :D

Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:46 AM
Default my app
Parents' Name(s):Melanie and Cedric Diggory
Name of child entering contest:Stephanie Diggory
Child's Date of Birth:March 25
Personal biography about your child:Stephanie is a strong compassionate little girl who like her parents loves the sims 2. She also likes to watch Grey's Anatomy. She has 3 brothers and 3 sisters, Nick,Cedric Jr., Brad, Jen, Nicki, and Kate.Nick is her twin brother, Nicki and Kate are twins, and Brad, Cedric Jr., and Jen are triplets. She loves her family very much.
Toddler Shot:

Head Shot:

Free Shot:
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 6:31 AM
Thanks for joining melpandocchi. I'll add you to the list. Just make sure you add the images before the application process has ended.

Instructor
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Great App MissTech I've added you to the list. Thanks for joining :D

Thanks very much. Just wanted to ask since I didnt see it... Can I enter more than one sim?? Because Melody is a little jealous that Meg is getting all this attention!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 10:32 AM
Sure, then they will both be happy. Just make sure their apps are seperate.

Instructor
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:51 PM
Parents' Names: Alan & Melissa Roberts
Name of child entering contest: Melody Roberts
Child's Date of Birth: March 21
Personal biography about your child: Melody is a bit more reserved than her very outgoing twin, but also enjoys the outdoors- mostly for tanning. Also an outstanding student (college lecturer Mom and all), Melody would call herself a 'girly-girl' in comparison to her more adventurous counterpart. She gets along very well with her parents & older sister Meredith, and her hope for the future is a career in music, movies or television.

Toddler Photo:

Child Photos:

(Hanging out on the beach.)

(Fooling around with Meg. Dad liked this picture so much he made it our Christmas card! LOL!)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 2:05 PM
Thanks for entering her MissTech. I put her on the list now

#16 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 6:27 PM
Parents' Names:Spencer & Layla Jeane
Name of child entering contest:Vanessa Jeane
Child's Date of Birth:August 20
Personal biography about your child:Vanessa has always been the calm,relaxed one of the family.She loves spending time with grandma and grandpa,playing with our pet cat Midnight,and talking with friends.

Headshot:

Freeshot:

Toddler:
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 6:46 PM
Nice Job PolkaDotFox. Thanks for joining, I'll add her now

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 1:19 AM
Default Rebecca Swan - Application!
Parents' Name: Tracy Swan (Yes, the Dad) and Kelly Swan (Deceased)
Name of child entering contest: Rebecca Swan
Child's Date of Birth: July 8
Personal biography about your child: Rebecca is the youngest of her sisters (Isabella and Selena.) Did I mention that she and her sisters are triplets! Rebecca and her sisters where a surprise and the young couple had a hard time for most of her life. Rebecca's mom use to enter in contest all the time and she wanted her kids to continue the tradition, but her sisters flat out refuse. Rebecca's mom just died like 3 days ago and she has decide to pay tribute to her mom by winning this contest (or at least trying her best.) Some of Rebecca’s hobbies are anything that has to do with snow, she loves to snowboard and have snowball fights. Also most days Rebecca will be found wearing her pjs. She is very serious about school and she doesn't have many friends outside of the family, but that only becasue of her shy nature.

Toddler:

Head Shot:

Free shot:

Rebecca and her two sisters (Isabella and Selena) just lazing around the house. You can't see him, but their dad is sitting on the couch (Tracy.)

I am not sure why my name is now bs624_SC or why it thinks i joined in Dec. 1969, any ideas pm me. Thanks!

You can call me bs, bs624, or just Becky :)

I enter contests, but I haven't won yet, so don't be worried.
#19 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 5:38 AM
Parents' Names: Eddie and Laura Leigh
Name of child entering contest: Christina Leigh
Child's Date of Birth: June 1st
Personal biography about your child: Christina just LOVES to have fun. She always has a smile on her face and if she has to, takes it off and puts it on others. She has a love for gymastics, which she practices for everyday. Modeling agents have come to Christina's gymastic lessons saying they would like to have her as a customer- and we accepted. Christina is just getting into it, and so far she's been on the cover of SIMGIRL and LIL'GIRL.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 10:40 AM
Thanks for joining guys, I'll add you both to the list

Miniaussielover, you may want to keep in mind of the picture dimension sizes for the forum. I'd suggest posting seperate pictures of Christina so you won't get in trouble.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 7:51 PM
Default Essa McCalvern - Application
Parents' Name(s): Judy McCalvern and Billy-Bob Bore (They never married, Judy is currently raising Essa as a single mom)
Name of child entering contest: Essa McCalvern
Child's Date of Birth: April 22, 1997
Personal biography about your child: As a toddler and only child, Essa was very ordinary. She giggled, laughed, played, slept, and enjoyed her toddler years. As she grew older she became extremely shy for reasons unknown to anyone but her. As far as hobbies are concerned, Essa enjoys anything that she doesn't have to do in a large group of people such as painting, reading, and playing the piano.

Toddler:

Current Headshot:

Freeshot:
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 7:55 PM
Thank you for Joining Gwen. I'll make sure to add her to the list.

P.S. To all who joined thank you again, and I think you all have some great entries! Can't wait to see more

Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 8:48 PM
I want to join!Can I still post it?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 9:02 PM
Of course you can, I just used those asterisks as placeholders (it's for nobody in particular) It's the way I keep organized. So post away

ETA: I removed the asterisks beause people might be getting confused about them :D

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 9:10 PM
Haha, you're welcome!

Page 1 of 7