Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

More standard Pet names

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 677 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 52,068 Views
Uploaded: 2nd Dec 2006 at 4:54 PM
Updated: 10th Aug 2007 at 1:38 PM
This file changes the default list of names for pets and strays. My source is a series of lists by one Ellis Combs.

There are over a thousand names for both male and female Pets, hopefully this will avoid some of the repetition of names.

To install, just unzip anywhere in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\ or a subfolder.

Existing pets and strays should not be affected, but any new pets should now get the new names.

Note that if you start a new neighbourhood, you will still get all the default Pets: this is because TS2 imports them from the default neighbourhood always. To get around this, use the instructions given here to create a 100% clean neighbourhood.

This file has been tested with TS2+Pets as well as TS2+everything and works with all of them without any problems whatsoever.

Installation instructions
This file MUST be called "Live.package" for it to work.
If you are also using my "Altered default NPC and townie names" (TS2BetterNames) mod, get "Pets and Townie Names.zip", and replace the existing live.package with this new one. If you only want better Pet names just get "Pets Names.zip".