Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#176 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 7:40 AM
I haven't had any response from the third judge, so I've been PMing around for an emergency judge. I'm tempted to simply post the results for both rounds from two judges, and add a third when they arrive. Would you guys prefer that over waiting?
Advertisement
Instructor
#177 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 8:26 AM
I know I would...it would make it much easier to work on this round's photos. You might PM boolPropped...she may be able to assist with locating an EJ or even sub as a judge temporarily.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wndy26
Michele, you should have two pictures from one play for the first half then the second half is two pictures from a movie of your choice.

So am I supposed to use the same play I did the picture from, Midsummer? Or I have to pick another one from the list TRIriana posted? I feel so stupid! I'm just not getting this for some reason I want to thank you for all your help wndy, it's very much appricated

I must say TRIriana, your contest is very challenging!

As far as the scoring goes, it really doesn't matter to me. However, I do agree with wndy. It would be nice to see where we stand with our pictures. This way we would know how much harder who have to work on the next rounds. It gives us all an idea where we stand at this point.
Scholar
Original Poster
#179 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:36 PM
Missroxr has graciously stepped in to emergency judge for us, so hopefully I should have the scores for both by tomorrow evening. .

Michele D: You choose one play and take two pictures from that one play, .
Scholar
#180 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 1:23 AM Last edited by Deatherella : 21st Nov 2009 at 6:58 AM.
Default PHIL McCRAKKEN - ROUND 3
MacBeth : Act 4 Scene 1

MacBeth returns to the witches' cavern. They conjure apparations with prophesies. The second, a bloody child, promises MacBeth none born of woman shall bring him harm.

MacBeth : Act 5 Scene 7

The field outside Dunsinane, MacBeth and Siward, the younger, cross words then swords, ending in Young Siward's death.

The Cat from Hell

I must say that landing a leading role in MacBeth was like having your cake and eating it, too. It was like studying Shakespeare in college with ten times the pizzazz. You're wondering why I tried out for a role in MacBeth? Well . . . um . . . I'm a Scot. It was hard work and fast-paced, but I loved every minute of it.

Shortly after the theatre job, I heard a film company was working on some stories by my favorite author. I was so-o-o-o-o-o there for that one. The Cat from Hell is about a hitman (me) who gets a call from an old man that needs a job done. Turns out the sweet purring kitty beside me on the couch is actually a "killer cat" according to Old Man Drogan. The second shot is from later in the movie when "sweet purring kitty" pounces . . . . .and I'm not going to tell you anymore than that -- wouldn't want to spoil the movie for you.
That was so much fun working on the killer tomato and then the killer cat movies that I'm thinking I just might have myself a back-up plan if things don't work out for me in this exciting contest. There just aren't enough cult movies in this world, nope, nope, nope. Make room, Tarantino!!!! Bruce Campbell, here I come!!!

"The Cat from Hell" is from Just After Sunset by Stephen King. You can find out what the sweet purring kitty does by reading it.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
Original Poster
#181 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 7:39 AM
Yes, both your play shots should appear as though they are on stage. .
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
Yes, both your play shots should appear as though they are on stage. .

Well I hope mine appear as though they are on stage! Because I'm not doing them over and thats not how I read it, and I read it three times lol. I would have made a stage and put correct lights up. Oh well
The other one
#183 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:26 PM Last edited by missroxor : 19th Nov 2009 at 2:26 PM.
Gah! I got up early today (well, as early as I do get up on a day off!) to work on this but I didn't expect the servers to be down for 3 hours . I think I can have round 1 in in the next couple of hours but I'm now getting worried about round 2. I only have this afternoon to work on it since I still have to pack my bags for flying to Scotland tomorrow I'll try my best and keep you updated. It might mean only limited comments.

EDIT: Wow, I was accurate with my timings to the minute

Just posted my round 1 scores to TRIana. I'm off to get some very delayed lunch then I'll start on Round 2.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 4:47 PM
Thanks missroxor - you really save us here. Can't wait to see the scores and the comments.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
The other one
#185 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 5:44 PM
MY round 2 scores are in.

My hubby is gonna kill me when he realises I spent all day doing this instead of packing a suitcase but it was worth it, I had fun

Good Luck everyone.

PS No probs Aba

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Field Researcher
#186 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 6:32 PM Last edited by wgroome : 19th Nov 2009 at 11:30 PM.
Act 1, Scene 3
Where Macbeth is told the
witches' prophecy in their cave.

Act 3, Scene 4
Where Macbeth sees the ghost of
the friend he murdered out of fear.

"It was great working in a real theatre company, and getting the lead was unbelievable! I was amazed how quickly the scenes changes in the play, so rather than having large bits of scenery, they just add a few objects... everyone in the cast has to help between scenes (they dim the lights!) It was really difficult, especially with English being my second language, but I think my performance wasn't too bad... although I've not read any reviews yet!"

The First Date

The Proposal

"We've just finished shooting my first film, a romcom called "Coming Up Next". It's about a handsome guy (hello!) who moves to the city to pursue his dream of being a news presenter. He quickly falls in love with his co-host, but they try (quite unsuccessfully) to hide their romance to keep their professional images. Eventually they give up trying to hide their love, and their happy ever after carries on from there... It's a great film that will hopefully show people that there can still be romance in the world, and hopefully make them giggle... I won't say anymore except look out for the fountain scene, it's hilarious!"

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Scholar
Original Poster
#187 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 6:34 PM
Round One Results

Judge One

Wgroome: Demetrios Rodos
Beauty: 6
Pose: 5
Picture Creativity: 6
Overall Creativity: 6
Total: 23/40
Your magazine cover was definitely the better out of your pictures, and it looks like Demetrios was having a lot of fun! Your writing reflected that as well, which was very good. I would have preferred to see your evening shot front on, but the thought of him having gone into the sea whilst a little tipsy was amusing.

Intrepid Llama: Avaleigh O'Hara
Beauty: 7
Pose: 6.5
Picture Creativity: 8
Overall Creativity: 8
Total: 29.5/40
Your first two pictures look very serene and relaxed, which was very nice to see for beach shots and I liked the addition of other revellers in the background in your evening shot. The blurbs on the magazine also made me chuckle - overall a really good entry.

Wndy26: Bailey Loftner
Beauty: 5
Pose: 5
Picture Creativity: 5
Overall Creativity: 7
Total: 22/40
I do like the magazine front cover - "Santa Bailey" rocking out on a guitar was amusing, and his expression looked really into it. I'd like to see more expressions from him in the next rounds, as in the Beach shots it looked a little too similar.

Deatherella: Paul McKrakken
Pose: 6
Picture Creativity: 5.5
Overall Creativity: 6.5
Total: 24/40
The writing on youe magazine shoot was a very good choice I think, and the colours worked really well to provide that festive air! It would have been nice to see more of the actual beach in the background of the first two shots, but posing with a surfboard was a good idea. It was nice too, to see more of Paul's personality coming through in the writing.

Pai.Kea - Amanda Reese
Beauty: 8
Pose: 6.5
Picture Creativity: 7.5
Overall Creativity: 7.5
Total: 30/40
The close-up you took for the first beach shot was a nice take: crystal clear sea water does give the impression that a beautiful beach may lie beyond! You magazine was quite stunning, however I don't think you quite captured the Rock! aspect, though it did look very Christmas-y. The layout of the magazine worked very well too - realistic!

Michele D: Noelle Winterton
Beauty: 8
Pose: 7.5
Picture Creativity: 8
Overall Creativity: 7.5
Total: 31/40
Your photographs were wonderful! I like the first beach shot especially. Capturing the seagulls in the background gave an edge of reality to the shot, which was nice to see. I would have liked to see a bit more rock! with the Christmas in the magazine cover, but that's a rather small thing. Again, I'd like to see more expression but overall a superb entry.

Aba23: Luke Ster
Pose: 6
Picture Creativity: 6
Overall Creativity: 7
Total: 25/40
I like your second beach shot the best; it looks mysterious somehow, with him being partially hidden behind the tree. The glare on the third picture unfocuses the picture a little bit, which is a shame - Luke seems to be having a lot of fun juggling! I like too, how much Festive spirit is in your magazine, however there isn't much Rock! there.

Judge Two

Wgroome/Demetrios Rodos
Beauty: 8.5/10
Pose: 9.5/10
Picture Quality: 9/10
Overall Creativity: 9/10
Total: 36/40
Comments: The evening shot really tied in with your story, he even somehow looks a little unsteady on his feet and the spontaneity conveyed with his rolled up trousers and discarded shoes hints at his party induced tipsiness. You portrayed a nice clean beach but it looked a little plain to me. Could have done with a bit more decoration. I like the concept, story and image ‘primping’ for the rock shot but the overall feeling I got from it was boy-band rather than rock star.

Aba23/Luke Ster
Beauty: 8.5/10
Pose: 9/10
Picture Quality: 8/10
Overall Creativity: 8.5/10
Total: 33/40
Comments: Aba was a bit naughty since he/she didn’t include the full phrase, “Christmas Special Edition” but luckily we’re not judging rules followed on this round. The Rock pic is a little dark but nice touch incorporating the tree into the writing. Day shot: Luke doesn’t seem to be happy about ‘relaxing on the beach’ lol. I like that you’ve tried a creative angle for your shot but I also would liked to have seen more of the beach.

IntrepidLlama/Avaleigh O’Hara
Beauty: 9.5/10
Picture Quality: 9.5/10
Overall Creativity: 10/10
Total: 38.5/40
Comments: This is the sort of thing I pictured when I read the round theme. This beach really does look like it has been cleaned up and beautified. A pic like this would make me want to check out that beach. The evening shot shows the more elegant side of the beach, you really set the scene perfectly. Although night time shots can be difficult Intrepid got the lighting just right. I also liked the structure and composition; there were no big blank spaces but at the same time it wasn’t too fussy or busy. I loved the rock shot. Nice work on the magazine lay-out, the headlines were funny too. You’ve managed to capture a more edgy, rock look but the theme is blatantly apparent in the colours, decor and even the font which oddly reminds me of Christmas cards. Your text really showed Avaleigh’s personality.

Wndy26/Bailey Loftner
Total: 37/40
Comments: The day shot is very pretty and depicts a friendly relaxed atmosphere. I was a little disappointed with the evening pic. There was nothing to suggest he was at a party and the shot could just as easily have been a day shot. I liked the story behind it though. The Rock shot made me giggle a bit; he looks really into whatever he’s singing. You definitely nailed the Christmas magazine cover theme.

Deatherella/Phil McCracken
Beauty: 9/10
Pose: 10/10
Total: 37.5/40
Comments: The day pic is simple and beautiful. I don’t know how much of it is touching up the image but the colouring you have achieved really works. I love colours that contrast in a pleasing way and your turquoise, blues and pink are really pleasing to the eye. At the party Phil looks happy and a bit sexy at the party in his beach bum chic apparel. It could do with a little more soft lighting though and neither shot really shows off the new and improved beach. Rock Shot: Wow, that’s a lot of green and red, lol. I love his expression and pose, maybe a little more folky than rock but you definitely nailed the Christmas theme and it looks great.

Pai.kea/Amanda Reese
Comments: Amanda looks quite relaxed in the day shot but there is not really any atmosphere in the image. You have portrayed ‘sun-drenched’ very well though with the use of clever lighting. I know you don’t have BV but it would have been nice to see an attempt at recreating a beach type scene like you did on the night shot. I really love your evening shot. Her expression and the sparkler really portray a happy party atmosphere. I loved your magazine cover design, very original. Ice Queen with a heart and winter wonderlands make a nice change to the more traditional themes of Christmas time. You do seem to rely on the text to tie in with the rock theme and the image seems a little dark but I love the effect you have on the title where it looks like it’s made of ice. Overall very nice.

Overall Creativity: 9.5/10
Total: 38/40
Comments: Your day shot is very bright and happy. You’ve done some really nice touch ups to the image but it’s in danger of perhaps looking a little over-shopped. The party shot was fab. I love the nautical themed clothes and it really looks like my sort of party: heaps of booze! Pretty stars too. The rock shot is very busy like she’s in Christmas hell (bah humbug!) but Noelle looks fierce like a rock diva with real attitude!

Judge Three

wgroome-Demetrios Rodos
Beauty: 7/10
Pose: 8/10
Picture Creativity: 9/10
Total: 33/40
Comments: Your pictures are really clear and well thought out. I had to dock points for beauty and pose because I can barely see his face in the day shot and he's posing from the back in the night shot. I think the picture would have worked better if you had him coming out of the water so that we could see his face. Your magazine cover would have been perfect had you added the little details to make it look more like a magazine cover. The creativity and picture quality is definitely there. I just think you need to present larger pictures that show Demetrios off more.

Aba23-Luke Ster
Beauty: 10/10
Pose: 7/10
Picture Creativity: 7/10
Overall Creativity: 8/10
Total: 32/40
Comments: Luke looks great on the cover and in the beach shots. I love his new hairstyle. I think you should stick with that. I understand that you were a bit rushed this round since you had some issues with your game. Although you explained that the magazine cover was a raw copy, I think you should have given the final copy of how it would have looked. I also think for future rounds you should try bringing Luke more to the front of the pictures. If you need help with this please feel free to ask.

IntrepidLlama-Avaleigh O'Hara
Picture Creativity: 10/10
Total: 39.5/40
Comments: Avaleigh is gorgeous as you already know. There was obviously a lot of effort put into your settings. I docked a half point from the pose though because you used the pose in the beach day shot for your application. You should try looking through those links that Michele D posted for the pose boxes. Your pictures are a little larger but just as I said for Luke Ster, you should try bringing Avaleigh more to the front of the pictures so that we can see her beautiful face more clearly.

Wndy26-Baily Loftner
Total: 40/40
Comments: I don't think you could have done a better job if you tried. My biggest thing is large, clear pictures and you've nailed that! Also, you can definitely see the work put into his face sculpt especially in the magazine cover. It's too bad that I didn't see those angles in the application. Also, Baily seems like such a great person. Who knew he played guitar for sick patients? Beautiful work this round and thanks for the bonus pics. Please keep doing what you're doing.

Deatherella-Phil McCracken
Picture Creativity: 8/10
Comments: You can really see from Phil's pictures that he really is a happy, go lucky guy as you pointed out to us. I love your beach shots! My only critique is for the magazine cover. It would have been perfect had Phil been more visible. He is lost in all of the clutter around him. It's almost like he's a prop just like the guitars and they seem way out of proportion.

Pai.kea-Amanda Reese
Total: 40/40
Comments: I just LOVE your magazine cover. It's so professional! Great work but, I have to reiterate what I did for the application round, bigger pictures please. I think the bigger the pictures are, the more clear they tend to be and they also look more professional. :D

Michele D-Noelle Winterton
Picture Creativity: 9/10
Total: 38.5/40
Comments: The day shot is absolutely perfect! I deducted a half point from the pose just because of the night shot. Noelle is stunning in the night shot however, the pose looks really stiff and unnatural. I deducted a point from picture creativity because I think more could have been done to achieve the look of a magazine cover such as headlines, a proof of purchase, etc. Also, I don't know what was done but the image also appears really pixelated. I know it wasn't that way before but it appears to have happened when you resized it. If you can show what you are doing to resize your pictures I may be able to offer some advice.

Round One Overall Results
IntrepidLlama: 107.5
Michele D: 107.5
Pai.Kea: 106
Wndy26: 99
Deatherella: 97.5
Wgroome: 92
Aba23: 90
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 8:39 PM
Very nice comments! I did not show much of the beach because he Beach Lot that I downloaded for the shot wrecked my game so I had to improvise on that. And for the magazine - I have to admit I had simply no idea how to bring text nicely on a picture. And since I was in a rush there was not enough time to learn.

For all that I am happy with the score. Am not falling to far behind. Thanks

Contest results so far:
Scholar
Original Poster
#189 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 8:47 PM
The Round two results will be up presently. Great Round three's so far!
Scholar
Original Poster
#190 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:11 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 19th Nov 2009 at 11:52 PM.
Round Two Results

Judge One

Pose: 6/10
Creativity: 7/10
Advert Originality: 10/10
Outshine Factor: 2/5
Rule Adherence: 4/5
Total: 29/40
Comments: Now, I know this seems really harsh but overall you did not do what the host asked of you. You were supposed to outshine the star in the first three pictures and none of them show you doing that. In fact, in the first and last, you can't even see Demetrios. Also, the host asked you to write about how you came up with the idea to outshine the star and you just said what was in each scene. I also think that there should have been some hint that the first three shots were from the Killer Tomato Movie. I didn't get that from any of your pictures. Had you done what was asked of you, I think your score could have been a lot higher. Your pictures are of superb quality! I think you still need to make your pictures bigger and do what you did for your advertisement, that is, bring Demetrios from the background. Even in the previous round he's really small in the pictures and barely noticeable. Demetrios has a lot of potential.

Aba23-Luke Ster
Creativity: 7/10
Outshine Factor: 3/5
Rule Adherence: 1/5
Total: 29/40
Comments: You lost the most points by not following the rules. However, I also took points from your outshine factor because had you not said which one was Luke, I would not have known. In your second picture I was like, which one is Luke? Then I read the text. I do love that Luke has many faces and he is like a chameleon however, his face should still be recognizable. Also, I would have liked there to be more of a hint that the movie was for Killer Tomatos. I deducted points from rule adherence because I think that you had to BE the diver, the police officer and the Possessed Tomato/hybrid. Your advertisement was really original! I would not have thought to advertise a car. Great job there! For the next round I would just say to pay closer attention to what the host is asking for. If you don't understand then you could always ask because that's what she's there for.

IntrepidLlama-Avaleigh O'Hara
Creativity: 10/10
Outshine Factor: 5/5
Rule Adherence: 4.5/5
Total: 39.5/40
Comments: I loved your entry and she did a great job outshining the star! I loved that you could tell she was an extra but you could still tell that it was Avaleigh back there. It seems that you made all of the other characters with dark hair on purpose... if this is the case, great strategy because unfortunately being an extra you can't exactly be in the forefront so you have to make your character stand out in a different way. Her bright red hair served her very well this round! I didn't deduct points for this but next time you should make sure that the thought bubbles are turned off when taking your pictures. I did deduct a half point from rule adherence though because you did not say how you came up with the idea to outshine the star. Your advertisement was brilliant! I believe that Avaleigh is really going to go far for this competition.

Wndy26-Baily Loftner
Rule Adherence: 4/5
Total: 37/40
Comments: WOW!!!! I absolutely loved your advertisement. That first picture is so original and creative. I deducted 1 point from outshine factor though because for the first shot it took me a minute to get which one Bailey was and for the last picture I had no clue which one he was. I also deducted a point from rule adherence because the host asked that you explain how you came up with the idea to outshine the star and to explain how the star felt about that. You didn't really do either one so I had to deduct a point. In my opinion, there isn't anything you can do better. Your storytelling skills are great and your pictures are great! Overall, great entry and Baily's looks are really growing on me.

Deatherella-Phil McCracken
Advert Originality: 8/10
Rule Adherence: 5/5
Total: 35/40
Comments: Your entry was so funny! I loved it however, it seems that your images weren't from the movie at all. I get this idea because had the main actor been that drunk and had he fallen in the water, the director would have more than likely redone those scenes. So, because the images don't seem to be from the movie that made it to theaters, I have deducted a point from "rule adherence" and 2 points from "outshine factor". The idea behind the advertisement is great however, the execution needs a bit of work. I had no clue what he was advertising and Phil seems like a prop instead of a model. I don't know if the intent was for the cup to be that huge but I don't think it worked out too well in Phil's favor. Other than that, great entry and I think when photoshopping your images you should just watch out for your proportions.

Michele D-Noelle Winterton
Creativity: 9/10
Outshine Factor: 4/5
Rule Adherence: 3/5
Comments: I know you were having a hard time coming up with something for this round but I think your pictures turned out beautifully. Great way to improvise. I think the second picture, of Noelle as a cop should have been a little more serious. It seems that the main character is modeling instead of acting so he's really outshining you in that one. The last picture for the Killer Tomato Movie, I think you should have left the text out because it makes her seem more like the star of the movie than the extra. Had you left the text out I think your goal to outshine the guy on the bench would have been a acheived. I deducted 2 points for rule adherence because you did not explain how you came up with the idea to outshine the star, how the star reacted and why you chose the product that you did.

Judge Two

Pose: 8.5/10
Creativity: 8.5/10
Outshine Factor: 2/5
Rules: 3/5
Total: 32/40
Comments: You portrayed the diver and policeman themes very well but I don’t think you quite grasped the ‘outshine the star’ aspect of the round. Your text doesn’t mention how you came up with the idea for outshining the lead or how they reacted. Your third shot portrays you as a bad guy nicely and I like the composition but there’s not even a hint of tomato. I really like the concept and look of your advert, top marks for that. You gave good reasons for choosing it too. I can just imagine it up on a gym wall.

Aba23/Luke Ster
Advert Originality: 8.5/10
Rules: 1.5/5
Comments: I like the set design of your diver shot, very fishy. Luke is more noticeable as we can see more of him but there’s no mention in the text of how or why you tried to out shine him or how he reacted. I’m guessing your second scene is relating to the “Possessed tomato/Human Hybrid” scene as there’s plants and a plant sim though you don’t seem to be the bad guy here. Also I think Luke is straying from extra to co-star when you take into account your text. I don’t really get pic 3. I can’t see the relation between this and any of the scenes mentioned in round 2s brief. For your scene shots overall I have judged as normal for visuals but I have deducted a lot of points for rules followed and for where I thought you didn’t outshine the star. I really like your pose and set-up for your advert, looks genuine.

IntrepidLlama/Avaleigh O’Hara
Outshine Factor: 4.5/5
Rules: 5/5
Total: 39.5
Comments: Wow, you showed a very clear understanding of the task at hand and worked your story around it perfectly. Your set designs were really well planned and I just loved the story progression with every new scene. Your advert is really original and very well done. You’ve done a great job of capturing the Irish countryside too.

Wndy26/Bailey Loftner
Creativity: 9.5/10
Advert Originality: 9/10
Outshine Factor: 5/5
Comments: I love the story progression and the way you make it personal by portraying Bailey’s competitive side and little details about the shoots. You did a great job of outshining the star and showing him up. I loved your hybrid shot, very scary in a zombie horror kind of way (though I’m not saying they are zombies), lol. Your advert was simple but elegant and sexy, nice photoshopping too. What will Danielle think?

Deatherella/Phil McCracken
Creativity: 9.5/10
Advert Originality: 9.5/10
Outshine Factor: 4.5/5
Comments: I love your set designs. The concept behind each shot is well thought out and executed. You did a great job of outshining the star and I like Phil’s funny captions for each pic, like he takes pleasure in seeing Dirk make an ass of himself. He'll be hoping that first scene is only in the deleted scenes. Phil seems really passionate about his advertisement, what a good idea. I personally don’t find it particularly visually pleasing but that’s largely down to the team’s unfortunate colour scheme which I doubt you can do anything about, lol. He gives excellent reasons for doing it though.

Michele D/Noelle Winterton
Advert Originality: 9/10
Outshine Factor: 2.5/5
Rules: 4/5
Total: 33.5
Comments: You did a great job of portraying all the themes but I think you could have done a lot more to outshine the lead actors in the first two pics. You didn’t mention it in your text either except in pic two where the lead actor outshines you! I liked the set designs and explanation behind each scene, your 3rd pic was particularly good and I love your props in the first. Nice photoshopping. For your advertisement shot Noelle looked stunning which is exactly what’s needed to sell a beauty product. Her hair is unfathomably shiny in that way that only hair models seem to achieve but you forgot to mention in your text why she wanted to advertise this product. Nice photoshopping again.

Judge Three

Pose: 6/10
Creativity: 6/10
Outshine Factor: 2.5/5
Total: 22.5/40
Your advert was definitely my favourite - it was very creative and original, so kudos for that one! Your "outshine" factor was a little low for me, because Demetrios didn't quie stand out. He did in the first shot, as the scuba diver falling over the side but in the others not so much. Your idea of using a "Grim" creature feature was inventive, however because the woman was fully in the shot and in such an obvious colour it detracted from him. I did like Demetrios' reasons for using the advert that he did though, but it would have been nice to see his thoughts on the others shoots as well.

Aba23: Luke Ster
Pose: 5/10
Creativity: 5/10
Advert Originality: 6/10
Outshine Factor: 1.5/5
Rules: 1/5
Total: 18.5/40
I like you pose on the car for the advert; this one was a very good effort and it's quite obvious that Luke is having a blast! Your writing was descriptive, but a lot of points were lost due to the other pictures. The first was on the correct track - you had Luke portraying a Scuba Diver, and I liked the octopus although it detracted from your model. Your other shots, though creative, were not related to the round as per the rules.

Intrepid Llama: Avaleigh O'Hara
Total: 34/40
Your advert was so darn original, I love it! I especially liked how you turn the sky into the flag of Ireland as well. It was super, really. :D

Wndy26: Bailey Loftner
Creativity: 8/10
Advert Originality: 7/10
I absolutely adore your first picture and it made me LOL the moment I saw it - very creative! Your creature feature scene was great as well, and I think Bailey looked the best he's been so far in the advert. You're doing great in the contest, keep up the good work. :D

Deatherella: Phil McCrakken
Pose: 7.5/10
Creativity: 8/10
Total: 31.5/40
I liked your advert a lot, particularly the pose that you had him using. The way it was written was creative also, but from the writing that accompanied the pictures, it sounded as though the shots were the "outtakes" so to speak - stills from what happened when the main act fell off the dock while he was drunk, for example - and not a scene from the actual film. This made it a little bit confusing. The first shot was good however, but I think in the second the "Kung-Fu Maids" detracted from Phil and my eyes immediately crossed over to them.

Outshine Factor: 4/5
Total: 34/40
I LOVE how you've added little additions of evil looking tomatoes in the photos, particularly in the bag the man is holding in the park and most definitely the tomato in the police car! The expressions in the shots are very well used, from the crazed expression of Miss Hybrid to the man's terrified expression. It's the little touches that can really make a picture, so well done with that!

Round Two Overall Results
IntrepidLlama: 113
Wndy26: 106
Deatherella: 104.5
Michele D: 103.5
Wgroome: 83.5
Aba23: 78.5
Field Researcher
#191 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:24 PM Last edited by SolidGoldFunk84 : 19th Nov 2009 at 11:40 PM.
Deatherella's total is wrong for judge 1. It should be 33

EDIT: Actually, I only meant to take 2 points from outshine factor and not 3 so Deatherella's score should be 34.
Field Researcher
#192 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:27 PM
Thanks for my lovely comments and scores on my advert; I found the Outshining the Star bit very difficult so I tried to make my advert as original as I could! Thanks again, judges!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:32 PM
I have a problem with this comments that I lost points because my Sim did not BE the diver, the police office etc...
As far as I understod it and in the explanation from Triana it never said that my Sim had to be the police officer and the hybrid. It said it had to be clear that I am the diver. And thats what I did...:-(

Quote:

Photographs

(a) One Deep Sea Diver Note: If you don't have Bon Voyage you don't have to be dressed in the actual diver suit. Just make it clear that you're a deep sea diver, how you do this is entirely up to you.
(b) One Police Officer Note: Where the police officer is, is up to you.
(c) One Possessed Tomato/Human Hybrid Note: Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires are not allowed. The more inventive the better!

There must be a secondary "main actor" in each of the shots to pose with your model - your model just has to stand out more.

Contest results so far:
Scholar
#194 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SolidGoldFunk84
Deatherella's total is wrong for judge 1. It should be 33

You're right. It does add up to 33. Unless the scores numbers are incorrect. I'm sure TRIriana will straighten out.
Thanks for the comments, judges. In the ad, the Stanley Cup was that big -- I downloaded it here to use. And they did use those clips in the movie -- it was a low budget wonder so they didn't do more takes.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#195 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:44 PM
Aba23, TRIriana read all of the comments and scores before they were posted. The scores that were wrong she asked me to change so I believe that you were supposed to be those characters. If you were not supposed to actually be those characters then I will give you 2 points back for rule adherence.

Deatherella, if that's the case as far as the scenes being from the actual movie then I will be happy to give you the 3 points back. :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#196 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:59 PM
Deatherella, your score has been amended and the points have been added back. Thank you for pointing out the descrepency!

Aba23

Quote:
Now their budget is...slightly limited, so you'll have the opportunity to be in the background of three scenes in all. You'll be a different background person in each shot and these are as follows.

(a) One Deep Sea Diver Note: If you don't have Bon Voyage you don't have to be dressed in the actual diver suit. Just make it clear that you're a deep sea diver, how you do this is entirely up to you.
(b) One Police Officer Note: Where the police officer is, is up to you.
(c) One Possessed Tomato/Human Hybrid Note: Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires are not allowed. The more inventive the better!

The bolded points are for extra clarification, your model was to portray each of the [bolded] people in the picture descriptions I gave. You did the diver correctly, but the other two you gave were incorrect.
Scholar
#197 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SolidGoldFunk84
Aba23, TRIriana read all of the comments and scores before they were posted. The scores that were wrong she asked me to change so I believe that you were supposed to be those characters. If you were not supposed to actually be those characters then I will give you 2 points back for rule adherence.

Deatherella, if that's the case as far as the scenes being from the actual movie then I will be happy to give you the 3 points back. :D

Thanks. I thought you guys would catch on that they used those clips when the big star stomped off in a tantrum at the end because they made him look like a fool.
Now, I know better to make things more clear on my last entry. My movie shots are not coming along good at all. Keep having to do them over. I guess I can't make myself happy.

Field Researcher
#198 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:31 AM
Wow! Thanks, judges! I'm glad ya'll like Avaleigh.

TRIriana, I haven't abandoned the contest, I swear! I'll have my Round Three application in tomorrow. What time does the round end?

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Scholar
Original Poster
#199 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:32 AM
Round three should end tomorrow, however as the round went up slightly late it'll end on the 21st at 7PM, instead of the 20th.
Scholar
#200 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:54 AM
Thanks for the extra day.
I have a question for the next round, since some of my comments from the last round say that Phil gets lost in the shot, should I take some new pics and center them onto Phil (and somehow making it obvious he's on a stage)? I just want to do better and if I go by comments above, Phil is getting lost in all the action of the scene where the witches call forth apparations so that one would be already counting against me in that respect. Or should I go for the shots where the whole stage is showing? Just looking for some helpful hints of what you'll be looking for while I get my game fired up.

Page 8 of 11