Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#26 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 4:22 PM
1. Yes, but that's pointless as I want BOTH of the lots to have an underwater border.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st May 2006 at 7:46 PM
Wow Great!!!

XOrange CountyX
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd May 2006 at 6:02 AM
Yes, just be careful that you don't flood the basement- if you do this, you need to make sure that your lowest floor is above the water level as well.

At least one story above, if you are going to do a realistic design, because most towns will require something like that.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 3rd May 2006 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
. . . I was dreaming of an urban beach promenade kind of thing, you see --

Do it - Do it - Do it!!! PLEASE!!!

I'm dreaming of a neighbourhood round a river with soft sloped riverbanks - and then a lot of small houses side by side with gardens / back yards reaching to the river.
In Germany you have something like that at Marburg or at Heidelberg or at Bamberg or at Hamburg . . . Oh, I would love to have the knowledge to do something like that!
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:08 AM
Does this only work with nightlife? I have just the base game, and I found that in the neighborhood view my lot will flood but once I actually get into my lot, the water is gone. Also, can someone give me a link for an ideal low-terrain neighborhood or one that I can get a nice slope (for my beach lots) on a hill with? Thanks so much!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:30 AM
In my limited experiences so far, it seems so...it seems it needs NL or probably above to have this phenomenon... This phenomenon seems to come with the way of how the neighbourhood is shown in live mode.

But, as I said, my experiences are not much still, so I can be wrong.

Duds, who posted in post 17 had made a neighbourhood for that purpose... Also, may check out the download section for the neighbourhoods You may find some...
Forum Resident
#32 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 8:19 AM
I have no problem placing 2 lots next to each other and then have the waterflow into the lot. (Altho' I have all EP's) I do not use any cheats, I simply use a lot where the lot slopes downwards away from the street. Without building on it, I then move the lot to the coast (Bluewater neighbourhood is ideal, also Cape Town and Lesvos by Patul works great) - the lot will be partially submerged - I simply use the elevation to to expose the land I want to build on.

See images of my lot placed alongside Nengi's lot - see how the water flows into t he lot.

Neighbourhood view

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:04 AM
I havn't used a slope cheat....I wasn't even aware that there was one untill I read these posts!
I recently made a lot and uploaded it here....
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=172291

Called Shark Bay!

I secided to place the lot with the rear of the lot backing on to neighbourhood water, as I thought it would just look nice I was intending in building this lot high off the ground with a large arched bridge connecting the 2 living blocks of the home. But when digging down, I found the neighbourhood water appeared on my lot. Soooo I left it there as I thought it looked good and went with the theme of the home.
Also whilst taking screenshots of the lot for uploading, when I zoomed out a little, the water would dissapear. I made a note in the upload so if people wanted the water in the back yard, to place the lot with the back close to neighbourhood water!

fev

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:26 PM
Default You just need to reach the level 0
I read eedgan post(thank you ). That made me think that nbh that it quotes are created with a ground lowered compared to the default level of simcity4. It was to improve the beaches width.

I tried to redo this effect with a 3 clicks lowered nbh, a 4 clicks flat lot under the road level.

It is just a matter of altitude like in the reality !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#35 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:38 PM
With more more tests : lowest altitude to be able to build a road (thus to place a lot) in SimCity is around 13 clicks. It's not very easy to do in SC4 because even in max zooming you cant see the difference, you can place the road... or not !
the beaches of my next nbh will be with this height

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:27 AM
patul,
so you mean you're finding outthe min height for neighbourhood-making in SC4 for making neighbourhood for beaches, lakes and sea in TS2...?

That's a good news... Thanks....
I know I don't know much on SC4 coz I haven't played it... Cool... good works... :clap:
Mad Poster
#37 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 8:45 AM Last edited by patul : 1st Aug 2006 at 8:57 AM.
It's that i found, it may be more or a little less than 13, it is impossible to count exactly .
I think you can change the value of the beach width in the neighborhood.ini. An other thing, water do not seems to appear after near to 8 ts2 squares from a seaside.

When you are at the 1st click under water it not seen every time, depending to camera angle and zoom, idem in the nbh view. At this level you cannot place "water objects" but ground ones, I will show you all this evening (for me its 10am now)

a+

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 9:46 PM Last edited by patul : 1st Aug 2006 at 9:51 PM.
Default the nbh maker point of view
I looked some aspects on this subject. I discovered things which I was unaware of.
First in the .SC4 file
I was mistaken, the minus level for a road is 1 click. But i spent one hour to lower and lower the ground in a small area. It is a blind job you see nothing in SCity4. An other thing, for the nb4 makers you can't see where the water will be exactly, and the level brush do not level the same on each place ( in ts2 it is about 2 clicks -perhaps because i have a smoothtalusangle of 35) .

Second, in TS2
- To have a beach. You must have a lot with the limits under the level of the road, depending of the road height, you don't need a slope cheat like my 89 !
- In TS2 the ocean is not made of water ! I think it is because you can't use it in the pastis So you can build under sea without cheat. And the sims do not consider this a water (underwater houses already exist)
- There is a graphic bug : the 1st time you reach the water in a lot here is a limit beyond which is no more water (i must say waterpaint). This limit (about 6nbh squares) disapear after ( I don't think it is my graphic card, a 7800 GT), it was funny
- The default level of the ground in SimCity4 = 9 stages in TS2 ! So if the nbh maker don't lower the level you never have these problems !

2 images to illustrate my remarks:

I hope i help you a little, as you help me a lot in this forum.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#39 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 7:22 AM
Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 12:44 PM
Default Placing lots together
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Duds: Did you ever succeed in putting 2 beach lots directly next to each other? Whatever I try, I always need at least one lot tile space inbetween or the game won't let me place it if any part of the lot borders (that I want to join seamlessly) is underwater.

ETA, as well: I have NL, no Uni.

Something i found?

Quote:
Baeu: it might still be useful though, because normally it's not possible to have beach lots *directly adjacent* to each other. With this hack, one could put down the lots first so that they're still out of the water (then it's no problem to put them next to each other), and then install the hack to make the water level rise ... voilà, seamless beach.

This is only a hypothesis, of course, since I haven't tried it yet.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#41 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 10:31 AM
As a utility, I have created a set of terrains with fixed even slopes of various angles, as somewhere to pre-create sloping lots that can be flooded. You just make your lot, put it in the bin (after entering it briefly in order to save it) and then place it on your beach neighbourhood near the water.

I have also created one island/beach terrain and one lake terrain with roads suitable for water's edge lots to be built on.

Get them at: http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php?board=6.0
Mad Poster
#42 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 5:04 PM
Thank you for the pre made lots Inge they will be useful for lazy simmers like me but for the terrain there is a list of 9 MTS2 "lowered neighbourhoods" in this thread http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=184564 post #8.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Ellatrue : 31st Aug 2006 at 5:09 PM.
thank you inge and patul these neighborhoods are perfect for what i am trying to do!

Now we just need a way to get them to swim in it!
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 7:57 PM
Okay, guys, I need a little filtering here... I've apparently downloaded a custom hood with a high water table. In game now, basements, etc. are flooded if they even approach the very high water line (appears as the "grapic bug" patul cites). Gameplay is normal, but low floors are covered with a blue hue that makes them annoying beyond the retinal telling. So how do I fix this? Can I fix it in game?

Thanks for the filtration.
~fleshapple

"IF you cannot love me, teach me. In my language, they are the same with only a difference of inflection." -Diane Ackerman
Mad Poster
#45 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 8:30 PM
there is a cheat somewhere here to change the water heigth by changing values in a text file... I dont remind where, but on MTS2... search !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 9:42 AM
mkay, does anyone know how to make the water actually look like water tho instead of that silly blue colored land? I mean really it looks terrible and fake. Any way to actually see the water glisten, reflect, sparkle, or hell even wave?

I'm Lookin to learn all i can about recoloring objects ESPECIALLY the base research book Any information would be HIGHLY appreciated!
Page 2 of 2