Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2017 at 7:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Super Patch not working
So ever since I had to install the 1.69 patch I've been having lots of problems that makes my game unplayable. I downloaded the super patch to try and downgrade back to 1.67.I go to install the patch and it tells me "the setup has detected no version of The sims 3 installed.This update requires that a previous version of the application to be installed." I'm on a windows pc. I tried using CCleaner to cleanup the registry but it didn't work.
Edit: I only use Origin

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 9:26 PM
Umm... I have some bad news for you. If you use Origin, you are stuck with 1.69. There are ways (although not necessarily very easy ones) to revert to 1.67, but Origin cannot be involved at all for that. So if you only have Origin downloads you are kind of stuck unlesss you want to buy everything all over again on Steam.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69 has more information

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Umm... I have some bad news for you. If you use Origin, you are stuck with 1.69. There are ways (although not necessarily very easy ones) to revert to 1.67, but Origin cannot be involved at all for that. So if you only have Origin downloads you are kind of stuck unlesss you want to buy everything all over again on Steam.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69 has more information

That's unfortunate for me,since it was the last idea I had to fix my game from crashing.I can't seem to get my game to be playable at all with this patch.
It crashes for no reason.Thanks though.

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2017 at 12:25 AM
Even if you were successful in getting the Super Patch to run on top of 1.69, you would probably find that it would break your game install and the Launcher would be showing up as version 0.0.0.0 (and then not work either), which you have pretty much already experienced from one of your prior threads.

While 1.69 most certainly makes the game more difficult to startup than without, it shouldn't be any more crashy than 1.67. The game files, once it's actually up and running, are exactly the same in both patches except for the final build number.

Maybe it's worth taking a look over here to see if there's anything you can do to make the game perform better for you?
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2017 at 4:30 AM
Thanks for the link,do you think it's possible that my game is messing up because not all the files in the sims 3 folder were deleted when it was previously uninstalled?
I just had the idea to check the sims 3 folder in the program files,some of them are still from 2015 from before patch 1.69 [I think]
Some are also from 2016.I never had problems until just now because this is my first time uninstalling after patch 1.69 which forces me to update.I've always been playing on 1.67 until now.

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2017 at 5:45 AM
Honestly, I have no idea and am not sure anyone else will either (even at EA, it's not like they actually know what they are doing here or anything). The only way to tell for sure would be to uninstall everything sims related, clean the Registry as that's meant to be done before a reinstall not after, and everything else you can with a tool like CCleaner, start over, and see if the game behaves any better. But that's awfully extreme and may not really solve anything in the end.

Does the game run at all or does it crash after a long game session, under a heavy load, only on certain worlds, etc.? Can we get some specs on the computer you are working with?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2017 at 7:12 AM
Here's the other thread I made where I explained it better http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595001

Where do I find the specs at?

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th May 2017 at 7:33 PM
In your TS3 user game folder in Documents, there will be a file called DeviceConfig.log. If you have the display of document extensions suppressed, it would show up as just DeviceConfig. If you copy/paste the first 40 lines or so here, behind a spoiler if you could, that should give us a good starting point. You can stop when it gets to the long lists of game options, we don't need to see those.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:18 PM
Okay here's what I got,hope it's the correct thing
Edit: Sorry I don't know how to post things behind spoilers

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 2 RAM: 2 CPU Speed: 2094 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2392 RAM: 2014 Adjusted RAM: 1502 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 1
OS SP major ver: 1
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz
Family: 6
Model: 7
Cores: 2
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 2014MB
Free memory: 375MB
User: --
Computer: --
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M
Name (database): NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0429, Board: 20d817aa, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.2702, GUID: D7B71E3E-4769-11CF-947E-D5001CC2C435
Driver version: 2702
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 864MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:34 AM Last edited by igazor : 28th May 2017 at 12:49 AM.
Okay, glad I asked and yes that's the right info. This is not a Patch 1.67 vs. 1.69 thing. Yikes.

You are on a computer whose components are from 2007. That doesn't quite match where you said you have had this laptop since 2013, was it used when you acquired it? It has 2 GB of RAM total, which is barely enough to run Windows 7 let alone anything else alongside of it (Win XP back in the day used less in the way of resources). Your graphics card is far too weak to carry TS3. I would not recommend playing TS3 on that computer, even the base game alone, as you run the risk of overworking and damaging the device which I am sorry to say is very much on borrowed time already. The experience, even if you could get it to stop crashing, will never be a good one.

Now TS2...maybe it would take to that, but I would still be concerned about the lack of RAM. You basically have none to work with there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:07 AM
I've never had a problem playing TS3 on this PC till patch 1.69. 2013 is when I got the PC I'm using,It was used when I got it.I've never had any graphical problems that were super bad.I've even played TS2 on it but didn't keep it around too long cause I prefer TS3.Glad I finally know how old my PC really is.
Until patch 1.69 I haven't had any problems being on my game.I'm supposed to be getting another PC next month,if I do,hopefully that will fix my problem.

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:30 AM
I would say that you have been extremely fortunate with that PC up until now, then. Hope your next one works out better for you though, perhaps you might have someone check out its specs before acquiring it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I would say that you have been extremely fortunate with that PC up until now, then. Hope your next one works out better for you though, perhaps you might have someone check out its specs before acquiring it?

Yeah I guess I have been. Unfortunately which one I get isn't really up to me since I'm asking for it as a gift from my parents.

No Blood No Bone No Ash!