Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Maxis "Lost & Found" #1: Floral modern sofa

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 549 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 65,159 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 12th Dec 2004 at 9:35 PM
Updated: 20th Mar 2009 at 1:45 PM by -Maylin-
First of all, sorry for the AWFUL decor of this sofa, but don't blame me: it's a floral decor originally created by Maxis for the modern steel-frame sofa, and then just left behind (look at the picture and you'll understand why... ).
I just created a new MATD to go with it.
I'm sharing it NOT to help players to better match their furniture :eek: but to test it in order to know if it creates conflicts with other modded or original pieces of furniture.

I had many problems with this particular sofa, maybe as it's a 2-parts object (the frame and the fabric).
I've found into the materials.package TWO sets of MMATs, almost identical but related to different Object GUIDs.
For example, there are the following MMATs:
Instance 0xADDB5F0C - Name: sofamodernsteelframe_fabric_stripe - GUID: 0xB8DB30F0
Instance 0x4E1A5051 - Name: sofamodernsteelframe_fabric_stripe - GUID: 0xFB94682F

The 1st package I created was based on the first GUID, and it didn't even show at all in the decor selector; then I changed the GUID in my package and magically the sofa appeared in the game!

Does anyone know why these MMATs are duplicated? It seems that it happens for many 2-parts objects, like all kitchen counters (made by top and finish), the rectangular bath tub (the tub itself and the water), some living chairs (chair+pillow), and so on...

This is driving me crazy! :mad: