Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Aspiration & Career Rewards for Lot Builders

by Sophie-David Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 7:04 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2021 at 12:49 PM by HugeLunatic : fix install instructions

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 5 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 7:45 PM
Thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#102 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 4:10 AM
You're welcome, Powder.
Test Subject
#103 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 8:53 PM
I feel like I might be just dumb... I have the UC and I downloaded the correct version of the file as directed in the notices; however, the surgical dummy from the medicine career track is missing. Anyone have any advice??
Theorist
Original Poster
#104 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
The surgical dummy or 'Trauma Time "Incision Precision" Surgical Training Station' should show up in the Hobbies/Miscellaneous section of the catalogue at a cost of §0. Are the other career rewards showing up there?

The surgical dummy or 'Trauma Time "Incision Precision" Surgical Training Station' should show up in the Hobbies/Miscellaneous section of the catalogue at a cost of §0. Are the other career rewards showing up there?
Test Subject
#105 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 8:13 PM
Yes, all other career rewards are showing as normal and are working fine. It is just the surgical dummy that fails to appear.
Theorist
Original Poster
#106 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zyoeru
Yes, all other career rewards are showing as normal and are working fine. It is just the surgical dummy that fails to appear.
Because all the other career rewards are available then the package must be installed correctly. I suspect that you may have a conflicting mod that references the surgical dummy.
Test Subject
#107 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 10:28 PM
You were absolutely right... I think that a lot I downloaded contained a faulty package file. I removed it and now it is showing up. Sorry!
Theorist
Original Poster
#108 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zyoeru
You were absolutely right... I think that a lot I downloaded contained a faulty package file. I removed it and now it is showing up. Sorry!
Wonderful! Thanks for getting back to me, zyoeru.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 5:45 PM
Sweet! Just what I needed.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#110 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 1:27 AM
Great - thank you Lelani.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 12:55 AM
This is a godsend for the very few of us that still play TS2.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#112 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 4:02 AM
Thank you Zoraki.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#113 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:45 AM
Anyone know which folder to put this file in if you have UC?

I read here that several people have UC and use this mod but no one has stated clearly which folder it goes into since there is no "base" folder in the UC>
Theorist
Original Poster
#114 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jtf04240
Anyone know which folder to put this file in if you have UC?

I read here that several people have UC and use this mod but no one has stated clearly which folder it goes into since there is no "base" folder in the UC>
Hello JTF

I don't have UC and do not know the name of the full path where the game data is stored. However, as long as you use a path that ends in \TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins you should be fine.

David
Field Researcher
#115 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:51 PM
Default Cannot place Career Rewards
Hello, this mod is a very useful idea for creating community lot!

Unfortunately, I am having issues getting it to work. I have all of the EPs on disc and I installed the SDpatchSims2_Rewards.zip and SDcollectionPetsAndLater_Rewards.zip following the installation instructions.
I am able to purchase and place Aspiration Rewards but for some reason, even with the unlockcareerrewards cheat, I am unable to purchase any of the career rewards - when I click them in the catalog, it just makes that 'out of bounds' noise so I cannot select and place them.

Any suggestions?
Theorist
Original Poster
#116 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabby2805
Hello, this mod is a very useful idea for creating community lot!

Unfortunately, I am having issues getting it to work. I have all of the EPs on disc and I installed the SDpatchSims2_Rewards.zip and SDcollectionPetsAndLater_Rewards.zip following the installation instructions.
I am able to purchase and place Aspiration Rewards but for some reason, even with the unlockcareerrewards cheat, I am unable to purchase any of the career rewards - when I click them in the catalog, it just makes that 'out of bounds' noise so I cannot select and place them.

Any suggestions?
Is the "unlockcareerrewards cheat" a different thing from this project? I am suspecting a conflict between these mods and some others that you may have installed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:33 PM
This is exactly what I needed, thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#118 Old 20th May 2018 at 4:30 AM
You're welcome, illyria.
Test Subject
#119 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 4:38 AM
Honestly, I have no idea what files to download. I have Nightlife, Family Fun, Glamour Life, Bon Voyage, and Apartment Life. Which ones do I download?
Theorist
Original Poster
#120 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrycenTheSimmer
Honestly, I have no idea what files to download. I have Nightlife, Family Fun, Glamour Life, Bon Voyage, and Apartment Life. Which ones do I download?
You have Apartment Life but no University, therefore you would install the contents of SDpatchNoUni_Rewards.zip in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins.
Test Subject
#121 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
You have Apartment Life but no University, therefore you would install the contents of SDpatchNoUni_Rewards.zip in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins.

Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#122 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 8:07 PM
I have all four Sims games but have recently abandoned The Sims 4 and reverted to playing The Sims 2. I was thrilled to find this mod, which makes my university buildings look so much more like what they should be. Thanks so much for making it!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#123 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 5:47 AM
You're welcome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 11:41 AM
awesome, 10 years on and it's still useful, TY
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster