Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:39 PM
First Group Movie (brainstorming session!)
Okay, if we want to make movies, we've gotta start now! First thing's first...we need an idea.

I think we should start with a few random small ideas that we can roll together into one. It's too hard to think of one BIG idea by yourself. Also, this way leaves a lot of room for suggestions and mixing things up.

If you have an idea for a movie theme, that's also welcome. I find comedies are a lot of fun to write, and we probably won't get as bored writing them. Once we get a bit better, we can attempt some 'serious' stuff as well.

Music videos, although fun, aren't as creative. It's also pretty hard to agree on music we all like.

Just throw some ideas around. Don't be upset if we don't use your idea - we might keep it for another time.

Go nuts! We want to have the best movies on the net!

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:54 PM
Erm... I haven't done a movie before, and I don't really know how it's done, but I would like to see a Star Wars parody. Something like Space Balls, you know.

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 8:02 PM
That would be great fun!

We could make a sort of Sim version of a sci fi film, with a little crew on a constantly beeping, insanely chrome-covered space ship.

Banned
#4 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:09 AM
That would be really cool!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 6:06 PM
It seems like a reasonably fun project, but we'll wait for some more opinions.

I'd love to make fun of sci-fi languages and technology. The ship could have some sort of engine or something with an incredibly long name...

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by feefifofum
It seems like a reasonably fun project, but we'll wait for some more opinions.

I'd love to make fun of sci-fi languages and technology. The ship could have some sort of engine or something with an incredibly long name...

I think you're referring to the Ultra-Mega-Super-Giga-Time Warping-Space Travelling-Energy Consuming-Cool Looking Engine, right?

Banned
#7 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 8:45 AM
make sure you throw in some sort of creature for the hell of it. Vampires, maybe?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 5:34 PM
@vlad: I lol'd.

Yeah - everyone loves vampires! Well, at least EVERYONE can agree on the classic ones...

ihatetwilightihatetwilightihatetwilightihatetwilightihatetwilightihatetwilight...

We shouldn't use the aliens in the game - it's fun to make our own freaky beings with Body Shop.

You've also got to have romance on the ship - preferrably between a male captain and the 'totally-hot-but-also-really-intelligent-and-useful female crew member. We should have a gay guy on the ship who likes the captain too and has to fight with the THbARIaUFCM for his love.

THbARIaUFCM? That's a pretty good name for some sci-fi-hi-tech junk!

Theorist
#9 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 5:38 PM
Cool ideas
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:16 PM
Yeah - seems like a good first project. There don't seem to be any objections from anyone.

Now all we have to do is RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT!

We need all the help we can get!

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:31 PM
Like I said, I'm not really good at "making" stuff, but I'd like to help with a few idea every now and then.
And about the characters: why have just one gay guy? Let's have 2. And they'll be brothers. And engineers.
And maybe a drunk dude, who is actually very smart, but doesn't give a sh*t about life. Or about anybody else.

EDIT: The engine name above was just something I made up on the spot. I'm sure I can come up with something a lot more funny.

Alchemist
#12 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:31 PM
I think we should make a good, romance film, like, an imitation of the Titanic!
But without the names and looks that are in the film, it should be our own names for everything, even the boat name. Or maybe it can be a plane? or something?
Who likes that? It's only a suggestion, I'm only the sims' stylist

EDIT: and add a little twist, like eg. the captain secretly loves so and so,
I <3 films like that!

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:34 PM
If we were to make a romance film, let's try to add a few comic elements. Like Beata said, we could use the Titanic, but rename it to "TicTacnic"

Alchemist
#14 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:37 PM
YEAH! *likes the idea of comic bits* Like, when the rich beautiful lady runs away from someone, the someone slips on some spilt water or something. That's only a suggestion, it doesn't mean the lady should be running away or anything

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:39 PM
Yeah, and after the TicTacNic sinks and Jack and Rose are on a board waiting for rescue, Rose tries to speak to Jack and he starts snorring But I think we're going too far here. I don't know if we could make ALL of the ideas.

Alchemist
#16 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:42 PM
no, the snorring is a bit too much. That bit is a really serious one, as you have seen in the film and I think we should keep it romantic.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:45 PM
*giggles*

Alchemist
#18 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:47 PM
What?????????

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:48 PM
When it comes to comedy, NOTHING, and I do mean, NOTHING is too much. Okay, maybe a thing or two...

Alchemist
#20 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:51 PM
Well, the main genre is:Romantic.
Sub-genre: Comedy (only a few bits).

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:52 PM
It's not like we already decided on a genre.

Alchemist
#22 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:56 PM
Yeah I know but IF we're doing a film on a boat, the genre I vote for is: romantic, with a few comedy bits. Ok, now the others need to vote. *hopes it will be romance*

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 7:02 PM
*crosses gingers to get to make a 100% comedy film*

Banned
#24 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 7:06 PM
lol. I thought it would be funny the "TicTacnic" idea. I like comedy. Romance is ok if it isn't too "Oh, daaaarling!!" soppy.
Alchemist
#25 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 7:07 PM
*shakes vlad and hypnotises him so he wants to make a romance film too*

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve

Page 1 of 5