Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
PSDuckie, you can do the testing yourself. Get a testing sim and get them the job and use some cheats (or not if you have more time) to get them to each job level. Try to send them to work on each level at least once, be sure that the carpool arrives and is the right one and that any uniforms are working correctly. You may use CFF if you want suggestions on anything, but please don't upload your actually career file there unless someone volunteers to test it for you. (something you shouldn't ask for until YOU"VE tested it and it runs perfect on your setup.) You will also need to remove it after they've gotten the file.

joandarah, the Multicultural theme IS a competition, and we will be awarding prizes to our lucky 1 in 10s. The competition will run longer because we've had the upload wizard closed.

porky, thanks

How much longer? :lovestruc

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
Advertisement
Inventor
#77 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 2:34 AM
PSDuckie, you can do the testing yourself. Get a testing sim and get them the job and use some cheats (or not if you have more time) to get them to each job level. Try to send them to work on each level at least once, be sure that the carpool arrives and is the right one and that any uniforms are working correctly. You may use CFF if you want suggestions on anything, but please don't upload your actually career file there unless someone volunteers to test it for you. (something you shouldn't ask for until YOU"VE tested it and it runs perfect on your setup.) You will also need to remove it after they've gotten the file.

That part I can test myself, yes. What I would need help with is tuning the difficulty - I want it to be hard for a skilled player, but not impossible. With my intended difficulty, even getting to level 4 would be a challenge.

Since I am just one person and also not the best Sims player, I can't do a valid difficulty test on my own.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 9:46 PM
Hey there I won the calender competition and got a blue ribbon, which surprised me, but I have some questions.

Quote:
What's in it for us you say? Well, all winners (the 24 lucky calendar winners are our first) and whoever earns a spot as a winner of the Multicultural Create Competition will receive 3 fantastic prizes! Behind door number one is a pretty little blue ribbon icon for their avatar, the second prize is a purple achievement badge on their profile page (participates who do not win receive a red one as our thanks) and the final prize is a fantastic in game trophy item! It doesn't just look snazzy, but it helps your sims out with skilling. Winners will receive the version for the game they submitted to.

I didn't get a purple achievement badge or the in game trophy item (or link for it). I was wondering when I would receive this since I got the blue ribbon a long time ago, and the competition was in November.

Also for the calender contest download could you make a zip. version?? I can't download rar. and I would really like an in game calender since I won.

Lastly, is the multicultural create competition over?? It's just for January right, because it's February. This month you should an activity or competition involving Valentine's Day. It would be cute :lovestruc and something I would want to make clothes or take pictures for.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#79 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 10:07 PM
The multicultural theme isn't over, because uploads have been turned off for most of January, and it would seem a little unfair to end the theme without letting people upload their creations. The other questions, I can't answer straight away.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#80 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 1:46 PM
This sounds really interesting. I would like to take a part in it with Turkish Sims. What is allowed?

VISIT: doasims3.blogspot.com
Instructor
#81 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Turkish_Sims2
This sounds really interesting. I would like to take a part in it with Turkish Sims. What is allowed?

People or things that are around today.
There are Turkish people around today, that means you can.
Be sure to give us a history lesson with is.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#82 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:35 AM
ok i voted for you joandsarah77
Test Subject
#83 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:35 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#84 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 4:00 AM
Voted? Where? *hunts around for a voting booth*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 4:47 AM
I would just love it if someone were to make a hijab for the sims 3. it's basically perfect for this challenge.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 4:12 PM
In a contest promoting cultural diversity somebody "disagrees" with the post suggesting a hijab ... way to go, bigot.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sojourner
In a contest promoting cultural diversity somebody "disagrees" with the post suggesting a hijab ... way to go, bigot.

Possibly they maybe just disagreed because these contests aren't really supposed to be opportunities for people to make requests. That's my take on it, anyway... Why don't you try and make one?
#88 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 2:24 AM
Heya MTS Staff! I want to know when will this Cultural Diversity Competition be ended? I'm thinking to submitting one of my work, maybe due on middle of March. I need time to make my creation perfect. As long as the banner is placed on top of page, the competition is still going on, right?

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 4:40 AM
I also had a question on this topic:

Quote:
I didn't get a purple achievement badge or the in game trophy item (or link for it). I was wondering when I would receive this since I got the blue ribbon a long time ago, and the competition was in November.

I have not yet received the badge or the lamp reward, and I was wondering how and when these would arrive. Thank you.
Inventor
#90 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Heya MTS Staff! I want to know when will this Cultural Diversity Competition be ended? I'm thinking to submitting one of my work, maybe due on middle of March. I need time to make my creation perfect. As long as the banner is placed on top of page, the competition is still going on, right?

I'd also like to know when it's going to end. Thanks!

Forum Resident
#91 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 4:12 PM
I have a question about the calender picture contest.
I participated and it was stated:
'And all entrants will receive a red participation sticker as well'
Does this still have to be done? Because I can't find it if I did receive it.
I know, it is a small thing, not a big deal. Just wondering, and I would like to have it for myself as a nice reminder that I participated in something.
Thanks in advance for a reply.
Site Helper
#92 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 7:07 PM
I don't see it either. I was assuming that it would be done once the dust settles after the revamp of the Uploads.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 8:05 PM
The dust from the upload revamp is actually only from the upload revamp, the badges were back-burnered till that was completed, but we are working on it still.
Forum Resident
#94 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 12:30 PM
Okay, thanks for answering.
Then I hope it will come as soon as there is time to do it.
Inventor
#95 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 7:15 AM
The Entrepreneur career that I created for this competition is up in the Downloads section.

Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 1:51 PM
can it be british culture
Test Subject
#97 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 2:02 PM
if i make a Lot then can i have downloaded content from this site in that lot
Test Subject
#98 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 10:18 PM
I don't know if the culture still has to be alive, but a good Roman Toga would be a sure winner.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#99 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmperorAugustus
I don't know if the culture still has to be alive, but a good Roman Toga would be a sure winner.
This is the answer I got to a Roman Bath house suggestion:

Halie, no fantasy stuff for this theme. We do fantasy themes a lot (and karen lorraine, historical stuff too) so this time we are doing current or barely recent past cultures.
Page 4 of 4