Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Apr 2017 at 4:19 AM.
Default Just your opinion about things to add like gas / petrol car Station
Well lately I been tripping about my Sims driving around without needing gas, actually member Rosebine post about things that is annoying got me started on this trip.
More and More it bug me with asking why Maxis why no gas, to be honest never have anything about the Sims have and have not ever bother me so much.
Lately I have been looking at every gas station near my area where I live to get ideas. I said to myself ok Maxis I will give my Sims what you did not.

So yesterday I began building a Sims Gas stations thanks to the wonderful creators objects from other Sims player namely,
PureElements ( TSR ) and Suiryuue ( TSR ) I added a very small convenience store named ETC ( I use that name because I could not think of one. lol )

Inside is a functional vending machine for chips, soda, also I added coffee and just one small table and two chair also one display freezer with food.
A very small Ladies and men restroom right next to it, I also added a small somewhat garage for car repairs or change of tires or change of oil. ( lot is 2x2 ) Deco Cars by creator Quinndominion at Tumblr.com

I had fun building this gas station for my Sims and now with using another creator mod name "Driving Cost Money" by jfade at DJS I can pretend my Sims are paying for gas or car maintenance.
Below are a few pictures, sorry for the size, I have never learn how to use window 7 Paint program I try but no. Click on Pictures for a better view.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 12:54 AM
None of my Sims needs gas (or petrol as we usually call it in our side of the pond) for the same reason as I don't need gas myself: none of us has a car! If I can manage without one, I don't see why they would need one -- especially since they live in a place with a free taxi service!

I do like the look of your petrol station though.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Link Ninja
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 1:22 AM
It never bothered me that sims didn't have gas for their vehicles. I chalked it up to cars have the same game magic where we don't need to worry about their fuel or if they breakdown. For all I know, their cars run on sunshine and happiness :D

However, that being said. I like the look of your gas station, and agree that thanks to custom content makers it is possible to build something that resembles one.

I needed one actually for a scene in my story so I had to build one recently too. Mine was more of a gas station/garage just to give it more content and I still need to find some more CC to do the inside (it's a home business but I can't access the magazine racks, or food freezers for some reason to make it look more interiorly like a convenience store). So right now the interior consists of postcards and coffee...kinda lame. The business owner is in for some hard times unless he can make a living out of refurbishing and selling cars.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 1:24 AM
Very pretty dear

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:01 AM
The gas station is nice! No harm in having one in the hood, I think, even though my Sims also walk everywhere (and I actually do have a car :D). However, I don't like to use all that space for a car; I prefer a hobby room or a game room or a dance studio instead for my richer sims (all better for parties than a car).
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:13 AM
Never bothered me about not needing gas (or petrol where I live) for a car that the Sims barely use, if they have one. Unlike fridges - Sims need food so it's natural that they have to restock the fridge. A car, on the other hand, is a luxury.
Your gas station looks good.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Simonut : 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:47 AM.
[QUOTE=Charmful]It never bothered me that sims didn't have gas for their vehicles. I chalked it up to cars have the same game magic where we don't need to worry about their fuel or if they breakdown. For all I know, their cars run on sunshine and happiness :DHowever, that being said. I like the look of your gas station, and agree that thanks to custom content makers it is possible to build something that resembles one.
I needed one actually for a scene in my story so I had to build one recently too.

@Charmful I like your Gas Station it seem to have a 50's or rural area look about it ( very nice ) I also use the post card rack it is one of my must have in my Sims businesses.
It make the place look very busy the Sims love those cards and it keep the cash register ringing.

@ AndrewGloria So funny when you said I don't use a car so why would my Sims ( something like that you said ) lol anyway there are so many great mods for Sims 2.
The Sims do not have to ride in a taxis without paying, there are mods for that. most of my Sims can afford to have their own cars.
The one that are still working hard may sometime get a taxis to go to community lots on their day off. Even my Hermit Sims have a truck

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 4:43 AM
I don't have a service station, I should probably build one. Sims in Coral Bay don't have cars as there is simply no room, a couple have motor bikes and that is it. If you live there you walk, catch the ferry or bus. I'm trying to add Chris hatch bus stops where I can. Sims over in a couple of the sub hoods will have cars though. I want a car wash at mine though and I can't see very much cc for that, just an old blue one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 7:50 AM
I have Cyjon's Bigger Bills mod and several of Dickhurt's mods that make things cost money to use (cell phone, taxi charges fare, maintenance cost for using the family car). Sims have it way too easy in a vanilla game. They should have to watch their money just like me.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 7:50 AM
That car hack mentioned in WCIF has a car washing option. If a sim has enough cleaning points, three I think, then they can wash their own car (they use the spray painting animation) and it asks you if you want to assign that sim to wash that car. So I'd imagine that in a car wash sims could drive their cars in and you make the owner selectable and assign him/her to wash the car and then charge for it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 8:35 AM
That's a great idea. Toss my idea of making a deco automatic one and make it hose and bucket. I don't see any thread on car washing though. never mind I found it, unfortunately simnut changed the title.

@Simonut Can you change the title on your WCIF thread from 'maybe not' to something car related so people can find your thread. There is useful information in the thread and it would be a shame if no one could find it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 9:49 PM
Love the gas stations Simonut and Charmful, very nice! i know this isn't a wcif, but I know of some really great cc for gas stations/garages that is basically unknown ( at least I never see anyone use it) and thought I would share the links. The vehicles may need other meshes from Fresh Prince, Sims2Carsource etc it's been awhile and I can't recall if they do or not, but the other stuff is stand alone. There are pics for most, if not all of the items available also

https://www.mediafire.com/?2yfkq5m1rhhna#ole1moxgvp7pp

The main folder, that this car and chopper folder was located in is here in case anyone is interested in any of their other items. I'm pretty sure they also made some deco car wash stuff, but I didn't hunt through all the folders to see if it was there.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2yfkq5m1rhhna

Sorry to spam the thread, but simcoast , simscoast, simcoast2, sim tech ( not sure of the space or lack thereof on any of these names and all were the same site with name changes that eventually moved to Sapphire Sims before it closed) made some really cool cc, none of which is at the graveyard, and I hope others can get some use from it. Happy building and may your car repairs be cheap !

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 11:05 PM
Thanks. I don't see anything labeled car wash but I did grab a tire rack.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#14 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:03 AM
Those are cute. I just thought Sim cars ran on electricity and charged while sitting in the driveway - the one essential service in SimCity was always electricity, not water.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's a great idea. Toss my idea of making a deco automatic one and make it hose and bucket. I don't see any thread on car washing though. never mind I found it, unfortunately simnut changed the title.

@Simonut Can you change the title on your WCIF thread from 'maybe not' to something car related so people can find your thread. There is useful information in the thread and it would be a shame if no one could find it.

@joandsarah77 Not a problem done, I also added more to the title on this post.

Scholar
#16 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 8:17 AM
The Curio Shoppe is the only gas station in my game. just the shop is functional. the garage is simulated using Moghughson's decorative car parking spaces .Oscar is often found talking to Mambo and thus infuriating all their potential customers. That is not (to my knowledge) the way to run a successful garage or gas station minimart
Mad Poster
#17 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 6:42 PM
I have a rural gas station in my vacation hood. It's been a while since I played it, but I believe I had SOMETHING that attracted Sims ... either a magazine rack or a small convenience store or vending machines. A bit of Sims catnip is useful on a community site. Unfortunately, someone is filling out job applications on the computer with my Sims 2 game, but when he finishes, I'm now curious to see just what I made again. I've also been a bit bad, playing quite happily with Sims 3 as well. Time for Sims 2 to have a turn.

That tire rack would be perfect! I have a deco car on the side that the owner's son works on from time to time and an old tire or two on the ground, but it would make sense for Jr. to have tires on a rack. Thanks for the link, MOOKIEBLAYLOCK!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 10:57 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 5th Apr 2017 at 11:27 PM.
I can't get that was car mod to work, nothing shows up. I might run HCD but my bet is either it will show nothing or show a conflict with something that I can't remove.

I knew it, it clashes with Community Lot Time, a mod that I can't remove. *sigh*

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I can't get that was car mod to work, nothing shows up. I might run HCD but my bet is either it will show nothing or show a conflict with something that I can't remove.

I knew it, it clashes with Community Lot Time, a mod that I can't remove. *sigh*

@joandsarah77 Not sure what mod you are referring to, Is it creator MogHughson Deco Parking cars that Randomly park it self ? I don't use that one ( it always gave me white cars )
I use this one here you place from the neighborhood view http://quinndominion.tumblr.com/pos...-at-are-a-bunch
Jo's I can't wait to see your Petrol station I know it will be nice.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 1:03 AM
No the car option mod, the one that adds wash, repair, refuel etc to it, it's clashing with Community Lot Time, a mod I can't play without unfortunately.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 1:42 AM
To be off the immediate subject but still related, here's a lot that I've had in the game (a gas station, of course) before from TwoFlowers:

Apple Grove Gas Station

There was one other one by Chris W at GOS, but it's very CC loaded, and I could never get it to load properly..lovely one but not for playing.

I also grabbed those tire racks that Mookie posted the links for. I'm going to rebuild a gas station and they'll be handy!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 9:28 AM Last edited by gazania : 7th Apr 2017 at 7:26 AM.
Here is my rural one. It's based on an old station I saw while Googling. Of course, I got the pumps and sign from the download where most people get these.

Turned out that I had some old tires that I got from a grunge set on TSR. I have a whole lot of tires now! I did stick in a couple of things from the downloads that MOOKIEBLAYLOCK linked. This isn't a garage, though.

And yes, I realize I should have moved the station a little more off the road because that turn going out of the station would be really tight, but oh, well. The station is nestled pretty snugly in that small lot, and I don't have any leeway to move the store back (maybe get rid of the awning). Inside are vending machines and "local souvenirs" on the shelves (mostly Maxis deco). If I were to make this a store, I have a little room to move the registers away from the souvenirs and let Sims browse to their hearts' content. It's fully playable ... I have it in a few hoods. Maybe it's boxy, but it does the job in those small spaces that scream for you to put something in them.

I'll see if I can't locate those tires. I find they fit better if someone's working on a junker. The Sims Tech ones look a little TOO new

EDIT ... they were the tires from here: https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...sims2/id/251104

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Simonut : 7th Apr 2017 at 12:03 AM.
@gazania Nice station you have. Today I added a few more items to my Gas Station, a motorcycle it also need gas, a bicycle also need air in it's tire, and a window cleaner.
Sims need to drive and see clearly, so a window cleaner is needed. Most Station always have it, the "blue stand" alone objects is for cleaning the car windows.

Pictures of Objects I added today click on for better view.

NOTE: It is ok to disagree, but why would anyone click disagree about a motorcycle needing gas or a bicycle that may need air in it's tires or a car window cleaner at a Gas or Petrol station. LMAO
Screenshots