Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 6:57 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 16th Dec 2014 at 9:00 AM.
Default Extracting those simmies.
(Forget about No character file, seems to be fixed. Ran Hood Checker after a little play session, and all was fine. Go figure.
Changed my thread title totally.

So! As I was asking....
is there a way to extract Rod Humble, the Therapist, or any of them to clone and maybe use their physical appearances in game?
They do not show up in Sim Surgery, of course.
I know there is a Therapist for download somewhere, but I want to know how to do this myself.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 2:42 PM
OK - well that's good.

The reason universals like the Therapist don't turn up in SimSurgery is because they are not in your neighbourhood - or at least their character files aren't. They are in the game files somewhere - sorry can't tell you exactly where just now. The therapist was a base game universal, so I'm guessing (and it is a guess) that he's in the base game folders somewhere. You should be able to extract the information about his facial features and DNA from there. The body and hair will be available, I think, in Debug Mode in CAS.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 5:30 PM
Good.
But i would not know where to find them...and extract their DNA & facial features. And once extracted...how do i turn that into a sim?
Must be a very silly question huh

Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:01 PM
If you have a lot of time... you could back everything up, then use cheats to add them to a family, impregnate them with a self-clone, when the clone is born, extract that sim using SimSurgery. Save the extracted sim file (it turns up in SavedSims), uninstall your entire game and reinstall, since you've now corrupted your installation.

Now you can bring your backed up neighbourhoods back in, bring the savedsims clone in (it will just be a clone, nothing game breaking) and hey presto, you can now access them in CAS by clicking on the "template sims" button.

It's a really long winded way to go about it though!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:16 PM
Tell me about it! lol
Yeah..if only it would corrupt the Hood alone..it would be easy. Of course I thought about doing something B.A.D....but reinstalling everything you know what? me does not feel like it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:26 PM
Oufff..seems like I need to sit down and read more.
First attempt = crashed Bodyshop.
I am not giving up. Rod Humble has interesting face features.

Scholar
#7 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:30 PM
I extracted a Humble using a neighborhood in a to-be-wiped computer It involved use of a simchanger mirror.

Hang on, let me find the link:
https://app.box.com/s/wsm3k7u7zsauo7rh7nt0
(He's packaged with a basegame hair, since I extracted him for use in my non-FT main 'hoods)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:48 PM
Ahah! I wish I had a dummie computer. All I really need to install and ruined, lol is the base game for the therapist, and Free Time for Humble.
Thank you.
I grabbed it. But I'll still try to fiddle with stuff. This is too interesting to just give up

Scholar
#9 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:28 PM
Oh thank you! I've loved Rod Humble's face and I've been sad he wasn't a playable NPC.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 1:51 AM
I've heard that the reason he was untouchable was because the guy he was based on didn't want players to have the ability to do bad things to him lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:46 AM
Hey, if I shipped with The Sims 2, I'd probably make myself a universal NPC so people don't go boxing me into a room with no doors and then forcing me to light a fireplace with a rug in front of it. Cruel, cruel players... I'll give you a taste of my own medicine if you dare make me selectable.... MUHAHAHAHAHA! Ahem.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:18 AM
The Therapist, Pollination Technician, and Mrs. Crumplebottom's exact replicas can be downloaded here. http://www.mediafire.com/download/s...4/SavedSims.rar Many of the replicas of Sims that can be downloaded here are not exact, but the replicas of the three universal NPCs that I mentioned certainly are.

I really wish I knew how the person managed to extract the faces of The Therapist, Pollination Technician, and Mrs. Crumplebottom. Pollination is quite easy to replicate because all you have to do is download this mod http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9028.0.html which unlocks the hidden alien face template, and reduce the size of the ears as far as you can reduce them.

I've been looking for Rod Humble's facial structure data in the FreeTime objects package file, but so far I have not managed to find the data I'm after. I've been trying to do the same with ideal plantSim from Seasons, but I haven't found his facial structure in the Seasons objects package file, either.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th May 2016 at 12:50 PM
Hey! Thank you C.Syde65.
I already have Mrs. Crumplebottom that I was dragging along every time I reinstall my game..lol.

Theorist
#14 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I've heard that the reason he was untouchable was because the guy he was based on didn't want players to have the ability to do bad things to him lol.

Oh but whyever would I want to do that? Only because the git not only inflicted his self-insert Marty Stu character on us, but also has him stalk our households, announcing his approach with a stupid, annoying popup, only to dump a computer onto our Sims' doorstep? Because he inflicted the hobby zombies on us?

Yes, if I could I would do horrible things to that Sim because of all those reasons.

(we need some sort of emoticon that's like one emoticon stabbing another)

Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
I extracted a Humble using a neighborhood in a to-be-wiped computer It involved use of a simchanger mirror.

Hang on, let me find the link:
https://app.box.com/s/wsm3k7u7zsauo7rh7nt0
(He's packaged with a basegame hair, since I extracted him for use in my non-FT main 'hoods)

hahahaha.....hahahahahahaa.....mwahahahahahahaa.....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

....I think I need sleep.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 4:23 AM
I think you do need sleep because the last post before yours was almost a year ago...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 1:04 PM
But, how old is too old? When you go to make a new thread, one of the first things you are told is to read carefully through all the threads for make certain there isn't already on addressing that topic. But resurrecting a thread is also frowned upon?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#17 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:23 PM
A year? How did I even find to this thread?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
But, how old is too old? When you go to make a new thread, one of the first things you are told is to read carefully through all the threads for make certain there isn't already on addressing that topic. But resurrecting a thread is also frowned upon?

It does say in the guidelines:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...stingguidelines
12. Do Not Bump Threads/No Threadcromancy: Do not post to an old thread just to bump it up to the top of the forum if you have nothing new to add, or to get it more visible (especially if it's your thread!) Don't resurrect old threads unless your comments are relevant and would be seen as a important addition to a thread. Continuing on a conversation dropped months ago is not a good idea - check dates

(my emphasis)

Personally, I think a post on a year old thread merely to gloat about what you're going to do to Mr Humble comes under that condition (not that I don't agree with you Orphalesion).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
#19 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It does say in the guidelines:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...stingguidelines
12. Do Not Bump Threads/No Threadcromancy: Do not post to an old thread just to bump it up to the top of the forum if you have nothing new to add, or to get it more visible (especially if it's your thread!) Don't resurrect old threads unless your comments are relevant and would be seen as a important addition to a thread. Continuing on a conversation dropped months ago is not a good idea - check dates

(my emphasis)

Personally, I think a post on a year old thread merely to gloat about what you're going to do to Mr Humble comes under that condition (not that I don't agree with you Orphalesion).

I already said it was by accident. I was very tired last night, couldn't sleep and have no idea how I even got to that thread. I didn't use the search function, I wasn't looking for any threads dealing with that subject. All I remember is clicking on the title and writing.. I honestly have no idea how it even happened, I was at the time under the impression that it was a current thread from page one.

It's also mostly posters that are currently active (rosebine, Charity), so I thought was current

Edit: If it helps I'm alreate if you guys delete/remove the messages, I don't know enough about how forum softwear works to tell whether this would put the thread back into the archives.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 4:28 PM
Hey I wasn't criticising - happens to us all. It's not like you're a persistent offender. I just posted because Smorbie asked.