Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 9:21 PM
Default Body Types?
Good afternoon,
How do 'body types' such as Warlokks work, and how do I apply them to sims? Can my sims wear other clothes?
Thank you very much. :D
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 9:36 PM
Body types are simply meshes with different bodyshapes. Your sims can wear what they like (or what you like rather).

If you want to have a, let's say, busty sim - what you can do is get a skintone (the ones called showerproof) for the sim which uses the bodyshape you want and then collect a set of clothes for that bodyshape too. The sim will wear the skintone all the time including in the shower. You can then dress them in the clothes which reflect the bodyshape too. If you don't - say you dress them in a regular-sized swimsuit - they will lose their boobs when they go swimming or sunbathe. They're just regular skins - any sim can wear them. There's nothing about the skintone that has an effect on the clothes they can wear - you have to set that up.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 10:41 PM
Thank you!
Are bodyshapes compatible with default replacement skins?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:44 AM
From my understanding, in Sims 2 ''body'' meshes are simply clothing.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 12:59 PM
Yes, they totally are. This is why you'll need every category clothing for that particular..new shape you want. Not a big deal if it has been done. But if you are among those people who change their sims everyday, 3 times a day..good chance, you'll run out. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Thank you!
Are bodyshapes compatible with default replacement skins?

No, they're a separate skintone - you use the base mesh (the modded bodyshape one) for the sim with a matching skintone. The skintone calls the mesh and hence gives your sim the bodyshape you require. Understand it's the skintone you give your sim that controls the situation, not the mesh.

Ah - terula explained it in detail.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc