Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 11:34 PM
Default My game is slowing down
I've been adding content but I've been careful to pick and choose but my game is just getting slower and slower. Anyone got any ideas?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 12:57 AM
I have no mods or CC and my game is slowing down as well. Moreso since the recent patch.
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 1:15 AM
When in doubt, delete your cache!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 3:09 AM
It's running much better today for me. I wonder if it slows down temporarily after an update, or I opened the game when my computer was loaded up much more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
When in doubt, delete your cache!

Thanks for replying, I don't have the files listed but there is one called a tmp...js.cache, I'll remove it to the desktop and see if anything happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
It's running much better today for me. I wonder if it slows down temporarily after an update, or I opened the game when my computer was loaded up much more.

That gives me hope
Instructor
#7 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 5:21 AM
Also, do note that loading screen times will get noticeably longer when you put in ~30 hours of gameplay on a single save.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
Also, do note that loading screen times will get noticeably longer when you put in ~30 hours of gameplay on a single save.

Yes, my main game has had quite a lot of playtime.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 1:40 AM
Oh well, that's a problem. Thanks for your input.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 2:41 AM
Loading screens do end up much longer. They start getting kind of bad at 30 hours, but at 80 hours, they start taking a minute or so, which makes me not want to travel. This happened to me on two different but decent systems. I'm not sure what causes it. Since I regularly delete excess sims, it wouldn't be caused by too many of them, I don't think it's caused by inventory, because it happens when I go to an unplayed household as well. I went to AnswersHQ when this first started happening, and went through all those suggestions.

I hope they address this sooner rather than later.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 12:08 PM Last edited by Shimo815 : 26th Jan 2015 at 3:24 PM.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. Wait until you have a couple of expansion packs installed...