Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 2:19 AM
Custom Folder/Tabs
So I love certain items and its always a struggle for me to find them how
do i make my own folder/tab in game that i can just select
and that folder will contain the selected items i place in it?

For some of my chocolates its in party section, misc tab or kitchen
Ah such a hassle,
same things with some candles sometimes its party,deco,misc or lighting
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 2:27 AM
omg i will give these a shot you have save my life like twice now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 2:49 AM
I use simPE. So the other day I downloaded a picnic basket which works like a fridge. (It was part of a large file uploaded to The Jessa Channel) I assumed I would find it in fridges or appliances nope. I had to go back and watch Jessa's decorating video where she showed her placing the basket- it was in sculptures.
So I opened the file in SimPE and found the area which shows where in the catalog it shows up and changed it to kitchen and appliances. Now when I open the game it is with the other fridges. So that's what you do so long as you have the file for your chocolate, open them in SimPE and change the area you find them in to where you would like to find it and save.

Another thing I do is make a folder in collections and add things to it as I find them. So rugs tend to be all over deco as well (Anything in deco is hard to find) As I come across a rug I add it into my rug collection folder. Much easier to open rugs rather then hunting around deco.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I use simPE. So the other day I downloaded a picnic basket which works like a fridge. (It was part of a large file uploaded to The Jessa Channel) I assumed I would find it in fridges or appliances nope. I had to go back and watch Jessa's decorating video where she showed her placing the basket- it was in sculptures.
So I opened the file in SimPE and found the area which shows where in the catalog it shows up and changed it to kitchen and appliances. Now when I open the game it is with the other fridges. So that's what you do so long as you have the file for your chocolate, open them in SimPE and change the area you find them in to where you would like to find it and save.

Another thing I do is make a folder in collections and add things to it as I find them. So rugs tend to be all over deco as well (Anything in deco is hard to find) As I come across a rug I add it into my rug collection folder. Much easier to open rugs rather then hunting around deco.
thanks i will keep that in mind i will try this SimPE which seems like it would make my life easier and save time!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 4:13 AM
Every Sims 2 player should have SimPE even if it's just for basic things like this or for extracting sims. It will seem a bit intimidating the first time you open it, but simple things like this are not so hard.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#7 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 7:50 AM
I've always felt this http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58 was one of the best tools/utilities ever made for Sims 2. If you like making collections , as I do , to make it easier to find stuff in game this is quick and easy to use. It runs from desktop so you don't have to start up your game to create collections and it allows you to batch add items to a collection as well. If your Downloads folder is fairly well organized it's a very fast process to create a new collection folder for any purpose.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 8:11 PM
Now that is an excellent idea for a utility. *snags*

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 9:16 PM
Yeah, that's another program like the organizer that won't run for me.

~Call me Jo~