Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:20 AM
WCIF AM barefoot shorts/boxers as everyday separates?
I want my sim guys to lounge around in their boxers, but with their everyday shirts on. (I like to mix and match separates)
I've searched quite a bit and haven't found anything yet.
Help is much appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:38 PM
I've just made the Maxis "satin" boxer shorts as separates for my adult male Sims for my own game. I've done them with shoes to wear outdoors, and so they don't get splinters in their feet from Smitty's old floorboards, which are so common in Veronaville. But I'm sure I could easily make barefoot versions. (I used a mesh that Charity made for me.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:14 PM
LOL, I was just thinking if no one finds anything I could easily hack the shoes off those shorts I did for AndrewGloria.
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:53 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 8:30 PM
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kurisutii
I want my sim guys to lounge around in their boxers, but with their everyday shirts on. (I like to mix and match separates)
I've searched quite a bit and haven't found anything yet.
Help is much appreciated!

You are looking for shorts or boxers? there is a difference..boxers are underwear you would not be outside with, or going shopping with, while shorts are everyday wear.
The link velvetina posted offers boxers as separates, but it is still underwear your sim shows up with.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 2:30 AM
These are the shorts I mentioned that I have in my game:

The men in the back row with the blond hair are wearing my conversions of the Maxis satin (or silk?) boxers as separates. The dark-haired ones in the front are wearing the shorts that Charity made for me. Charity's ones are proper "dress" shorts for everyday wear. As I recall, they are shortened versions of the regular Maxis base game AM shorts. Charity's mesh is the lower half of the Maxis silk/satin underwear one, converted to a separate bottom mesh. (Charity can correct anything I've got wrong.) In my opinion these Maxis shorts, although made by them as underwear, are suitable for wearing outside the house. As separates they look rather similar to these ones for teen boys by Simphany.com:

(The Simphany.com ones are slightly shorter and slightly wider, but the textures are very similar.) The main problem with my Maxis conversions is that the waistband is a little lower than on "proper" shorts, so if worn with a normal short top, or tucked-in top, the wearer displays a little bit of midriff. Personally this doesn't bother me at all -- I never mind my Sims showing a bit more flesh! -- but shyer Sims only need to wear a longer top. Anyway, I'll be more than happy to make a barefoot version if that's what OP wants.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 2:47 AM
Thank you for the links! They're exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for! :D

Also thank you very much to AndrewGloria and Charity for the offer! I would say yes, but I wouldn't want to put you through any extra work if it's the same result as the one velvetina linked? Idk if they're the same mesh type but I think so? Thank you again!

@Rosebine, the exact category isn't much important since I plan on making my own recolors. Whether they be boxers or just shorts, I wanted the mesh for something that had bare feet and shorts SPECIFICALLY for everyday bottoms and were about mid to upper thigh like most boxers or boxer-briefs are.

In case anyone else is searching like I am, I also stumbled upon this earlier that even has sexyfeet with it! https://missimisblog.wordpress.com/...ottoms-male-09/

Thanks much for the help you guys! My sims are gonna be soooo comfortable now
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 2:55 AM
Oh! Well if you plan on making your own recolors then forget about my question!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)