Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:05 AM
Default question about update
I asked in that thread but not sure if anyone will look or even answer... but i didnt know there was an update today... and i updated the game and i had mods in the game will it hurt the game if i updated it with the mods in there?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:20 AM
No, don't even worry about it; nothing is going to be corrupted or damaged. I have done this every single time they have patched the game actually, because the game doesn't tell you that it has been patched, no notification or anything.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:31 AM
ok ty
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
No, don't even worry about it; nothing is going to be corrupted or damaged. I have done this every single time they have patched the game actually, because the game doesn't tell you that it has been patched, no notification or anything.

That's not true, not with me anyhow. Yesterday I clicked on the Sims 4 icon on my desktop and I got a message pop up saying there was a game update and did I want to update because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to play the game so I clicked update. The update progress was visible on my task bar. Therefore, I knew the game had been patched, didn't I? I have no idea why your game isn't the same. I haven't done anything to make mine behave this way but I'm glad it does.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:23 AM
I haven't been notified of any updates. The only way I know is if I read about it here.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:24 AM
@kampffenhoff
Usually my game has been patched while the game is running, I'm playing the game and Origin pushes in the patch without my knowing. I discover afterwards when I'm done playing that it has happened because I read on a forum that there is a new patch.

But you are right yes, the way you describe has happened to me once; when I used the desktop icon the game refused to start and I found out then that there was a patch; it wasn't possible to start the game without getting the patch first.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:48 AM
you can turn off auto update in Origin that's what I do, and I uninstall mods with mod manager just in case lol sims 2 and 3 were bad for that though they have stated somewhere that mods wont hurt anymore
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:33 PM
I haven't turned off auto updates but if there is one I get a message come up saying I can't play until I update the game. This tells me there is an update so I usually look online to see what it is and then I remove my mods folder to the desktop just in case and update. I then get a message saying the game is ready to play, so I put the mods folder back and click the Sims 4 desktop icon again and the game starts. I can't understand why everyone has different experiences with this. Perhaps it's a windows 8.1 thing?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaniCast
I don't think so, I have windows 7 and that's exactly how happens to me.

Some people seem to be having problems where it updates without them realizing. Or am I misreading this?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaniCast
I don't think so, I have windows 7 and that's exactly how happens to me.

I have Win 7 and if I try to open TS4 via Origin, I usually get an option to download updates (a... little orange icon in the top left corner of the TS4 start link?) when there is an update. If I try and open from the desktop icon, it will open Origin first and takes me there (otherwise it opens Origin in the background as it loads TS4) if there is an update.

On my old machine I also suffered from that '95% Download Complete' issue that never completed from the very start, but playing never seemed an issue if I ignored the warnings and continued. I don't get that anymore. Just thought I'd throw that in for those interested.