Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#251 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:16 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 26th Feb 2012 at 6:52 PM.
thanks for the nice and helpful comments

Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Ha, I didn't catch that! It would be awesome to have an elusive Hitchcock sim in Reyes, making appearances here and there. You could give him a five-star celebrity rating.

I haven't actually thought of doing that, but now that you've mentioned it I might add that .

Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Wow, it's looking amazing, Ouer! I love how you used the Bodega Bay schoolhouse - I'm going to have to recreate The Birds with Reyes County now xD Just a quick question; will we be getting a new beta anytime soon? Keep up the good work

I'll try to post an updated beta later today.

Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
I've probably said this before, but I adore your terrain sculpting and painting techniques! So realistic. Can't wait to see how the vineyard turns out! Here in NZ a lot of vineyards host music festivals - would be cool to try to recreate that in TS3.

That might be a good idea . It would add another showtime stage to it. When I get around to building that vineyard I'll just see how it comes together and decide whether to add that or not.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#252 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:31 PM
I dont know if this has been asked before but what expansions does this use?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#253 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:44 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 26th Feb 2012 at 8:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
I dont know if this has been asked before but what expansions does this use?

All Eps and Sps are recommended for Reyes. Thought it uses all , it'll work okay with just the EP's. There a very small chance that it might work if you're missing an EP.

Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?gknv44gepbn3jr3

Remember , everything is still very much a WIP. Don't expect for anything to be finished. The reyescc file included in the download needs to go in your documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 / mods /packages folder. That's probably not quite the right location, but it's something like that. Just put it where package file CC goes.

please post any lag, problems, freezing , issues, and stuff like that.

things to check

new terrain

a few commercial buildings

a very small number of descriptions- these might be a little too goofy - I tried to make them humorous, but I'm pretty bad at making things funny.

a few more houses - there is now a starter in town.

that one tree recolor

things that I forgot to fix

the horse ranch doesn't have a BBQ

Some of the stuff in the pet store shouldn't be there - I accidentally uninstalled the SE petstore

The following third party CC is currently included in the world. This will not be the case once we get into the later BETAs.

Jynx's rugs

http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-53.html

Graham's cars [ferry set]

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=431808

Awesim's cornices

http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2010/1...for-the-sims-3/
Instructor
#254 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 12:29 AM Last edited by girlfromverona : 27th Feb 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Can't wait to try it out! Will report if I notice anything not quite right. Thanks, Ouerbacker!

EDIT: I had a really good look round Reyes County this afternoon. You should be so proud of what you've created. This is easily one of the very best worlds out there. And that includes the official EA worlds, too. Maybe they should hire you.
Space Pony
#255 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 4:55 PM
Your worlds are amazing I've learned a lot from just the pictures you've posted. You've also kept me inspired to continue working on my own world, just out of curiosity how do you keep from exceeding the chunk boundary limitations?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#256 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 4:22 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 28th Feb 2012 at 8:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
Your worlds are amazing I've learned a lot from just the pictures you've posted. You've also kept me inspired to continue working on my own world, just out of curiosity how do you keep from exceeding the chunk boundary limitations?

Well, it's nice to know I inspired you. Instead of limiting to just 6 or 7 paints per chunk, I just use whatever amount works. Painting this way doesn't seem to cause any more lag or make it much more taxing on the computer . The main thing that appears to slow worlds down is the number of lots used .

Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
Can't wait to try it out! Will report if I notice anything not quite right. Thanks, Ouerbacker!

EDIT: I had a really good look round Reyes County this afternoon. You should be so proud of what you've created. This is easily one of the very best worlds out there. And that includes the official EA worlds, too. Maybe they should hire you.

thanks

edit - a few flower recolors

Instructor
#257 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 9:50 AM
Wow, what's that purple flower? Looks like wisteria or something. No need to say all the recolors look awesome

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#258 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 9:45 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 28th Feb 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
Wow, what's that purple flower? Looks like wisteria or something. No need to say all the recolors look awesome

I don't really have any idea what that flower should be in real life. To me all flowers are just purple flowers, green flowers, dead flowers, ...flowers... ; I guess I should actually know the names of them , but ,since I'll probably get into gardening, it doesn't matter .

The purple one was actually supposed to come looking kinda like the purple flower in this picture . I might want to cut out most of the blooms , darken the flower, and make the flower thing a little skinnier. Here's the reference picture. Should I change it to how it is in the picture of leave it the way it is now?

http://www.laspilitas.com/images/wi...wildflowers.jpg

I'll probably try making the gold flower in that picture tonight. If you all know of any wildflowers that bloom from late summer to mid autumn in central California please say what they are. Also, a picture of two of them would be greatly appreciated.
Instructor
#259 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 10:28 PM
Those look like foxgloves, the purple ones. =) My mom is big into flowers and so I've kind of picked up a few names here and there.

There are a LOT of Bird of Paradise in California as well. One of the banana tree plants could probably easily be turned into one:
http://highrockmedia.com/blog/bird-paradise

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Instructor
#260 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 11:08 PM
I see what you mean about the purple flowers. Maybe make two versions for a bit of variation? Anyway, I hope you'll consider uploading your recolours - they are gorgeous.
Retired
retired moderator
#261 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 11:20 PM
As I understand it, our recolors actually override the originals, and so There Can Only Be One.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#262 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato

Looks like Lavender. They look great, too.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Instructor
#263 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
As I understand it, our recolors actually override the originals, and so There Can Only Be One.

Oh, that's a shame. Still, I think I like Ouerbacker's better than the originals anyway!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#264 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 1:50 AM
small update -lots of small changes- Do the flowers look okay?

the white squares are not visible in play/live mode

Mad Poster
#265 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:24 AM
Very nice flowers- did you change the alpha in the files?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#266 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Very nice flowers- did you change the alpha in the files?

No, I didn't do anything but replace the texture.
Field Researcher
#267 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 7:54 AM
This so reminds me of highway 1 in marin county, the bay area, and monterey in the summer-it just looks uncannily realistic!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Instructor
#268 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM
Wow! The Bird of Paradise plants look amazing! I love everything I see!

I was wondering, will you be making a SHT'less version of this world, as well - for those of us that might not be getting the expansion for awhile?

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#269 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:13 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 6th Mar 2012 at 2:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Wow! The Bird of Paradise plants look amazing! I love everything I see!

I was wondering, will you be making a SHT'less version of this world, as well - for those of us that might not be getting the expansion for awhile?

I haven't had any plans of making one without showtime , but it probably wouldn't be hard to edit the finished Reyes over to a shtless version . If I have available time at the end of this project, I'll make a version that will only require the EP's up to pets

I'm glad you like the flower.

Does this community pool look okay?

Scholar
#270 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:23 AM
Terrific! Very realistic.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#271 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:32 AM
It looks incredible-I don't think you need to change anything with it!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Top Secret Researcher
#272 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:11 AM
Which SP do you use more of? HEL or FL, because I'm pre-ordering Showtime on Origin and it comes with a free stuff pack, so you know, the more the merrier.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#273 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
Which SP do you use more of? HEL or FL, because I'm pre-ordering Showtime on Origin and it comes with a free stuff pack, so you know, the more the merrier.

Of those two I have probably used FL much more than HEL in Reyes. The items from FL are much more suited to the laid back feel of reyes , while HEL is filled with extremely modern items that don't really suit the style of Reyes at all.

I'm glad to know that you all like the pool. That only took me about 20 minutes to throw together.
Mad Poster
#274 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:42 PM
"Ouerbacker! Ouerbacker! We're wondering what you plan on doing with the Showtime Expansion Pack. Your ideas?"

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#275 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
"Ouerbacker! Ouerbacker! We're wondering what you plan on doing with the Showtime Expansion Pack. Your ideas?"

um, well , I've only planned out a few things that I'm going to be doing with the some of the stuff. The unfinished boardwalk section , the one with the carousel, will be getting a stage and and an arcade. Up the street, the large green building will be turned into a live music/Ln club thing. Since my current goal is to complete downtown , I'm currently mostly just trying to finish up half built houses and get the rest started . These homes will probably get a layering of showtime items, but the theme of the sht objects doesn't really suit this batch of houses very well, so only a few of these items will be used here. The style of these objects will suit the next large residential area, simston beach, much better.

Here's an interesting comparison between Reyes county and Starlight Shores

Reyes

Starlight

Page 11 of 31