Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#276 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:31 AM
I must say the comparison is not in favour of SHT. You're doing an amazig job on this world!

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#277 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:09 PM
This is to say keep it up.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#278 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:56 PM
Arcade

Instructor
#279 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ouerbacker
Here's an interesting comparison between Reyes county and Starlight Shores

And the winner is... Ouerbacker, by a count(r)y mile! (See what I did there? )
Mad Poster
#280 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:20 PM
EA needs lessons. You are one man, and you've already done better than EAs world creators, and some of their art team.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#281 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:15 PM
I'm going to have to buy SHT just to use this world, because I want it that badly. Gah, EA wins again.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Top Secret Researcher
#282 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:16 PM
Well SHT is good by itself, but I bought for this world, and the pool tables

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
dodgy builder
#283 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:15 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 8th Mar 2012 at 8:30 PM.
I don't know if I remember what was done since last time, just read what is interesting and discard the rest. I had some difficulty getting rid of the old version. I did the test with Showtime installed.
I hope it worked

... or it's rather useless ...

My family of 4 with a horse took refuge in a farm this time. It wasn't finished, but the horse even found a little pond to drink from, food and a stable. My graphics could be set higher, sorry about that.
Just some random nature pics

Some areas of improvement?

Just some general stuff.
1. The sportsstadium sounds like it's indoor, but you have made it a small community outdoor arena. Is it possible to change that sound?
2. Sofia found the gym ok, took a shower and visited the toilet.
3. The cafe next door had food at the bar and the toilet worked fine.
4. The kids rather enjoyed the freedom in a town with no school. So now I know how that works too.
5. The horse runs around the track on the farm nicely.
Field Researcher
#284 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:57 PM
I have to say you really have a touch for the vegetation. I like it when the terrain looks wild and overgrown, it's natural.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Scholar
#285 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annique
I have to say you really have a touch for the vegetation. I like it when the terrain looks wild and overgrown, it's natural.

Much agreed. Neat little flower boxes belong in front of cute little houses with picket fences.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#286 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:35 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 12th Mar 2012 at 4:03 AM.
Quote:

I was just wondering what that wall infront of the window is doing, but you may get to it later

I pretty sure my plan there was to add a half bath. Next time I start up CAW I'll try to finish this house on up. It's been sitting unfinished for a few months.

Quote:

The gallery stuff isn't accessable, not even the books.

I fixed this Yesterday. Thanks for mentioning this one; I wouldn't have caught it.

Quote:
The kitchen didn't have a sink, don't forget , and she's complaining about something in the direction of the column.

I'll just move the column a little . That should fix it.

Quote:
The teen and her little sister found the pier rather nice. She bought some food for her sister too. Then inside she bought a stone or something. She and the npc complained about some obsticles I couldn't see

I'm working on fixing this little problem. The game's probably having trouble routing around some of the cabinets.

Quote:
1. The sportsstadium sounds like it's indoor, but you have made it a small community outdoor arena. Is it possible to change that sound?

Unfortunately there's no way to change that .

some new stuff

I need to work on this house's color quite a bit . It supposed to look like this
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Gxw7MuRS7...ead+Mansion.jpg

My stage seems to be working

edit

new color on house - does this color look better?

Instructor
#287 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:22 AM
Everything is so amazing. I'm always excited when I see you've updated the thread!!

Any chance we might get an ETA on the completed world?

dodgy builder
#288 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:39 PM
I think that last picture is better. On the first the house almost dissappears among the grass and bushes. I would have gone even further with the colors, but that's just me lolz.

Did I really manage to update the world file before testing? Because then I can repeat that trick later.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#289 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Everything is so amazing. I'm always excited when I see you've updated the thread!!

Any chance we might get an ETA on the completed world?

No, I don't have and ETA on the completion of Reyes, though an updated beta will probably be released in two or three weeks.

You'll probably not be very excited with this post.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I think that last picture is better. On the first the house almost dissappears among the grass and bushes. I would have gone even further with the colors, but that's just me lolz.

Did I really manage to update the world file before testing? Because then I can repeat that trick later.

Yeh, I thing I'll add a little more saturation to that houses color combo.

I'm pretty sure you're on the newer BETA. That gym hasn't been there too long.
Instructor
#290 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:57 PM
That's where you'd be wrong, because another Beta is another step closer to release. =)

In fact, I'll try out this Beta and see if there's anything I can find that will be helpful to you! Just want to do my part, ya know?

Top Secret Researcher
#291 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 12:21 AM
How are you gonna work with the coffeehouse and venue rabbitholes in this world? Because as far as I know, there are no rugs for it.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#292 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 2:53 AM
The coffeehouse (and all the other Showtime lots) is a lot type, not a rabbit hole. The rabbit hole itself has nothing to do with the lot. (S)He could make an actual coffee house if (s)he wanted to. If anything, it's a matter of where to put it.

I guess convert the pier to a coffee house (which is a hangout) - that seems like a good place for Sims to start performing. Maybe add a small place to get drinks, and, possibly, dress it up like a vendor stand, if that helps. The modern base game bar could help.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#293 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 15th Mar 2012 at 5:20 AM.
My current plan is to use the green building downtown as a coffee/hangout, and the miniboardwalk as whatever the next level up stage lot is. I can't quite remember what it's called. If this doesn't work out then I'll probably go with Matrix's layout. The boardwalk will become the coffee/hangout. Just so you all know, I 'm a male .We don't wan't to get into the s,he thing again.

new stuff

another asphalt

interior

new bar _I still need to work on this one

Instructor
#294 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 4:22 AM
That residential lot is stunning.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
dodgy builder
#295 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 11:05 AM
That's the farm my family w/horse lived in? Now you're added a sink and a tiny bathroom ... and you're showing off some cfe skills on the bar
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#296 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 3:56 PM
I love the buildings
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#297 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 9:46 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 18th Mar 2012 at 4:09 AM.
I'm working on finishing up stuff that I should of finished a while back.

fences, plants, and other stuff

Does this bar's interior look okay, or would a different style suite it better? I was trying to go for a distressed modern feel , but I'm not quite sure if I got that.

view from window

My goal is to fit two starters and the rabbithole barn into this section . Should I build this new barn by the old barn or right across from the house? The starters, under 16,500 simo houses, will be placed in whichever spot the barn is not built.

Field Researcher
#298 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:13 PM
One of the most unusual world out there. Can't wait for it to be released.
Forum Resident
#299 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 12:10 AM
I can't wait until this is finished. I want this world so badly, mainly for the terrian painting lol

Onyx Sims is now open!
Mad Poster
#300 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:58 AM
The rabbithole barn would be better in front of the house, as a house + barn combo.
Page 12 of 31