Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:16 AM
Default No dishes for you!
Since the last patch my sims 80% of the time will not complete the "clean dishes" command. They'll go around the room and pile up all the dishes then dump them somewhere else, making the only way to wash dishes effectively is for me to drag them to the sink, but I like my sims to do chores sometimes! Is anyone else having this problem?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:41 AM
Yes, it seems fairly common, I'm seeing it rather regularly.

My sims will generally clean up after themselves and used to without too much issue, but over the last couple weeks theres been a frustrating pile up of sims finishing dinner, standing up, picking up their plate to clean it up...then putting it back down on the table or counter and staring at it til they get another whim.

Also at times I get an even more frustrating cycle where every time I direct a sim to clean up a dish or dishes, they will sit down at the spot where it is, pick it up, move one chair over, place the dish there, then sit down and they'll work their way down the table or counter doing this pretty much til they run out of adjacent chairs, on every user directed "Clean Up" interaction.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 7:18 AM
I am experiencing this to a degree too. They will pick up their plate and then just lay it right back down. They also do a variation of the chair thing: my sims will occasionally pick up the plate, move seats, lay it back down. Generally they only move seats once though. They will also occasionally pile up ALL of the dishes found throughout the entire lot as if they were going to be a bro and clean them but then they just lay them down. Oftentimes they lay them behind something. (behind the computer, behind the microwave, it's weird!)
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 7:20 AM
I just came to start a post about this! WTF?? I have a household with 8 people! They can't not do the dishes!
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:33 AM
Yes me too.......I thought I just had really lazy slobby sims. Then I thought maybe I needed more sinks but alas they just wont clean. My sims will pick up all the plates and then take a few steps and then dump them on the floor, then they have the nerve to whinge about the mess...Lol
I hope EA fix this soon its sooo annoying even the maid will leave stuff. Silly maid says "Ive finished for today" takes my money but leaves dirty plates everywhere....
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:16 PM
So, I was thinking my loading times were getting a lot longer and the game was acting a little borked in general so I deleted all my cache files and also removed some mods (Removed autonomous repairs, teen careers for all, fish freshness fix, shimrod improved lighting, and Work in everyday clothes) and now they're doing dishes. I only played for a couple sim days after that though so I'll have to keep going to see if this is a consistent new thing.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:43 PM
I don't let my Sims do dishes anymore since I've discovered the composting trash. It pays cash for dirty plates, but the Sims won't dump their fine and not-so-fine china there, so I drag it. It also saves on sink repairs since they use they are using it so much less.

But, to answer your question, my Sims will wash their dishes when I'm not looking, but that's only one dish at a time. Do you think a stack of dishes might be a difference?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:59 PM
Composting trash?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:13 PM
Yes - under "appliances" there's a special trash can that recycles stuff. I said composting because we compost kitchen scraps here. It pays for your trash. Supposedly, it's turning it into something useful plus it reduces landfill.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:16 PM
Wow, I never noticed that. I'll check it out next time I'm in game, thanks!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:20 PM
You're welcome. It's kind of ugly. I'm hoping someone will recolor it sometime.

Scholar
#12 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Yes - under "appliances" there's a special trash can that recycles stuff. I said composting because we compost kitchen scraps here. It pays for your trash. Supposedly, it's turning it into something useful plus it reduces landfill.

You must be an Aussie...Lol we all compost kitchen scraps....Yay
Who doesn't have a compost bin, we even have them in our classrooms at school and we get the children to empty it each afternoon into the big composter barrel.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 4:58 PM
I don't let my Sims do dishes anymore since I've discovered the composting trash. It pays cash for dirty plates, but the Sims won't dump their fine and not-so-fine china there, so I drag it. It also saves on sink repairs since they use they are using it so much less.

But, to answer your question, my Sims will wash their dishes when I'm not looking, but that's only one dish at a time. Do you think a stack of dishes might be a difference?

Having the same thing happen too. Both with stacks of dishes and singles. They just pick them up and put them down. Guess I'll be composting dishes as well. Ugh.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
You must be an Aussie...Lol we all compost kitchen scraps....Yay
Who doesn't have a compost bin, we even have them in our classrooms at school and we get the children to empty it each afternoon into the big composter barrel.
OMG - I wish! Go Australia! If only every country were like you!

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:05 AM
Mine have been doing the same things since the last patch. Annoying.

I'll have to check out the composting trash can.
Scholar
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 11:10 AM
OMG - I wish! Go Australia! If only every country were like you!

Ohh Gee, Thanks for that lovely comment.....You made my day.