Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 10:42 PM
New Orleans World Help Recruitment
Hey guys. I've been playing sims 3 for a very long time, and my favorite thing to do is creating new things such as houses or worlds. I have yet to finish a world that I've started because frankly I get overwhelmed. I started a world a few years ago based on New Orleans and I feel that it's pretty great so far. I posted pictures of it to get some feedback and got some great suggestions on how to enhance the NOLA vibe. I created a map from real height data of the city of New orleans and used google earth to create the buildings as close to accurate as possible. So my world isn't just inspired by New Orleans, it is ideally a replica of the city. I am looking for people who would be interesting in collaborating with me to finish this world and get it uploaded here. I have pretty high standards, and if I can't get something right myself, I'll do what I can to get the best person to help. This is an obsession of mine and I now have the time to dedicate to finishing it. I am going to link to my original post with pictures so you guys can see what I've got so far. I'm really excited about this and I hope I can find some people who will be excited with me! I lived in New Orleans for 5 years. It's where I met my husband, my sister still lives there with her husband and we visit very often. NOLA is a very special place to me and I want to do it justice

Almost forgot to mention this. I used 2 distant terrain objects to get the look I wanted. I don't know if that would be a problem or not, but it looks awesome lol. Here's the original post with pics:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=517163
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 10:48 AM
Yes ... I made a world and used 2 years on it. I worked steadily on it, but I only have like half a job, as long as I can pay the bills kind of. It looks to me like your biggest problem is your standards. I have high standards myself, and has found it difficult to find anyone that can match it in my style. I think you're going to find it hard too. I had to lower my expectations and open up to other peoples style a bit, but you're making a replica of another place. I know you love the place, but sometimes it's good to have some sort of detachment.

I made Stranda with inspiration from somewhere I had never been, but as a norwegian it still had the nature and the qualities I wanted to do. It was something I could make a story around without it strangeling me and my creativity.

You may just have to reduce it a bit and your aspirations to be able to finish. It's frustrating to keep starting new projects without being able to finish them.

I'm not saying this to be cruel, I just think it looks like we have something in common with the high standards. Making a replica of a city requires something different. it requires stamina and a staggering amount of it, in my opinion.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 2:34 PM
@darkflwrs Using two Distant Terrains is fine- they are just objects, after all!

World looks great, good luck on this as it took me around two years to finish one of my worlds!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm not saying this to be cruel, I just think it looks like we have something in common with the high standards. Making a replica of a city requires something different. it requires stamina and a staggering amount of it, in my opinion.

Oh I totally understand what you're saying. That's definitely something I've thought about. We'll see if anyone even has interest in the project and I'll go from there. Thanks for the response